Has Tom being silently protesting?

I agree, but can we stop the persecution complex though? This woa is us stuff is embarrassing. We have had the most successful franchise in sports this century and we are complaining endless about a 4 game suspension (albeit a garbage one). I just don't want to be sitting in my seats all year hearing "Free Tom Brady" chants over and over again like Sox fans do with the "Yankees suck" ones. In the end, I feel it's embarrassing and we should be above that.

I don't get the "we've had the most successful blah, blah, blah" that you and a lot of others drop. Yeah, you know why? BECAUSE BRADY PLAYS!

Now we have Brady pulled for a trumped bullshit ego trip and its "well, we've been fortunate"? Uh-uh.

I'd like to tell you you won't hear Free Tom Brady, but you will. Very drunk, very loud, and very often.

Sorry it bothers you.

May I suggest

View attachment 98318

Sean Payton on his Brady tweet: "There aren’t a lot of people who can understand what Tom is going through. I’m one of them."

Mark Daniels ‏<s>@</s>MarkDanielsPJ

Here's Bill Belichick's full quote about the support from Sean Payton, which doesn't happen from everyone in the NFL

Cr1kMFRXgAAcrlm.jpg

I don't get the "we've had the most successful blah, blah, blah" that you and a lot of others drop. Yeah, you know why? BECAUSE BRADY PLAYS!

Now we have Brady pulled for a trumped bullshit ego trip and its "well, we've been fortunate"? Uh-uh.

I'd like to tell you you won't hear Free Tom Brady, but you will. Very drunk, very loud, and very often.

Sorry it bothers you.

May I suggest

View attachment 98318

I'm quickly learning who are "Pats fans" and who are "Brady fans". The guy is back in 4 weeks. He didn't die. Good Lord....

Sean Payton on his Brady tweet: "There aren’t a lot of people who can understand what Tom is going through. I’m one of them."

Mark Daniels ‏<s>@</s>MarkDanielsPJ

Here's Bill Belichick's full quote about the support from Sean Payton, which doesn't happen from everyone in the NFL

Cr1kMFRXgAAcrlm.jpg

"Can't say that about everybody"

Tells you all you need to know.

I'm quickly learning who are "Pats fans" and who are "Brady fans". The guy is back in 4 weeks. He didn't die. Good Lord....

How are they different?

Just because not everyone goes full fetal like you opt doesn't single them out as one OR the other.

For **** sakes, you've spent hours in a thread titled Brady Protest. If you're not up for it then peruse another. There's like eleventeen thousand threads.

Bandwagon Patriots fans all of you, I remember the good old days of buying tickets and getting my own section... and the beer came in paper cups that were cheap and melted from the beer that froze because it was always Cold in that concrete meat locker of a stadium.... UT, pass me my walker....

It's unhealthy to dwell on something that won't change. Like BB says, we need to be "on to Arizona". I'm just tired of the constant whining about it and really want the season to start so (hopefully) we can all enjoy what should be a tremendous season.
FWIW, there is a game thread, for the people who are on to Arizona.

This thread is for the people who do want to continue the discussion, (or dwell on the past). Possibly this isn't the thread you are looking for.

Can't we all just get along?

:shrug_n:

Bandwagon Patriots fans all of you, I remember the good old days of buying tickets and getting my own section... and the beer came in paper cups that were cheap and melted from the beer that froze because it was always Cold in that concrete meat locker of a stadium.... UT, pass me my walker....

I went to more games at Foxboro Stadium than I have at Gillette

So many memories, too many to mention. From '84-'92 saw some of the best QBs in NFL history and have virtually seen every NFL team in that span.

I'll never forget the lean years, which is why I'm enjoying the heck out of these great ones!

How are they different?

Just because not everyone goes full fetal like you opt doesn't single them out as one OR the other.

For **** sakes, you've spent hours in a thread titled Brady Protest. If you're not up for it then peruse another. There's like eleventeen thousand threads.

How are they different? There are actually people I've talked to who think that if Jimmy G does well, it somehow dimishes Brady. A lot of these people will vanish back into the woodwork when TB retires. Good riddance to them. I hope Jimmy kills it but there are actually people who hope he does "good, but not great" because it hurts Brady. Such idiotic and pink hatted logic.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

When we got our season tix in 1992, the ticket guy literally said "where do you want to sit, pretty much the entire stadium is available". Those were some good times in the old place. My liver is buried somewhere under Patriots place today I think....

Sigh...

OK, here is a lesson on possibilities / categories when there are two variables, (in this case: Pats fans & Brady fans).

Yes, two of the possibilities are:
•   People who are Pats fans only.
•   People who are Brady fans only.

However, there are two other possibilities. They are:
•   People who are Pats fans and Brady fans.
•   People who are neither Pats fans nor Brady fans.

Now, I'd like for you to consider which of the four categories might be where most of the people on this forum fit into.

:cool:

For you? An upgrade:

Hoveround-bariatric-hd6-Power-Wheelchair-LG.jpg

(I couldn't remember where your walker is anyway)

FWIW, there is a game thread, for the people who are on to Arizona.

This thread is for the people who do want to continue the discussion, (or dwell on the past). Possibly this isn't the thread you are looking for.

Can't we all just get along?

:shrug_n:

I think we're getting along.

Just differ on opinion.

'Merica

How are they different? There are actually people I've talked to who think that if Jimmy G does well, it somehow dimishes Brady. A lot of these people will vanish back into the woodwork when TB retires. Good riddance to them. I hope Jimmy kills it but there are actually people who hope he does "good, but not great" because it hurts Brady. Such idiotic and pink hatted logic.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

When we got our season tix in 1992, the ticket guy literally said "where do you want to sit, pretty much the entire stadium is available". Those were some good times in the old place. My liver is buried somewhere under Patriots place today I think....

I hope Garop crushes it.

I'm the guy that had him tabbed before the pick. His college production was indicative of a high iq player and this offense is predicated on that. Add the quick release, accuracy, and mobility and I thought he'd be a great developmental.

I'd love to see him be 65-70% passer 8-12 TDs and 1-2 picks. High QB rating.

That being said, even with that, Game 5 he's #2.

If I didn't like the thread topic, I'd refer from posting in it - and bitching about it. Problem solved:coffee:

Sigh...

OK, here is a lesson on possibilities / categories when there are two variables, (in this case: Pats fans & Brady fans).

Now, I'd like for you to consider which of the four categories might be where most of the people on this forum fit into.

Logic statements? I don't get to that until after the mid term.

Sigh...

Not exactly. There is also a sub section of fans who were casual Pats fans, fell in love with Brady (can't blame them), and now can't even consider watching a Pats game without him now. For that reason, they see Garoppolo's success as something that could spell the end of Brady, therefore, they hope he does just well enough to win, but not good enough to make anyone consider the future.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

I hope Garop crushes it.

I'm the guy that had him tabbed before the pick. His college production was indicative of a high iq player and this offense is predicated on that. Add the quick release, accuracy, and mobility and I thought he'd be a great developmental.

I'd love to see him be 65-70% passer 8-12 TDs and 1-2 picks. High QB rating.

That being said, even with that, Game 5 he's #2.

Personally, I think he will do very well. I wish the first game was at home, though, but I think he'll be the second best QB in the division (Brady) by the time he gives the keys back to TB12. His success opens a bunch of doors for BB this offseason (having JG signed next year is gigantic for trade value)

The metal bleachers were my favorite...well, that and the exterior having all the charm of a prison.

The metal bleachers were my favorite...well, that and the exterior having all the charm of a prison.

Hemorrhoid Makers we called them and I stood for that reason, not because they gave me a reason to cheer.

so I guess that prison look was fitting.

Hemorrhoid Makers we called them and I stood for that reason, not because they gave me a reason to cheer.

so I guess that prison look was fitting.

We had those clip on chairs that weren't bad

Good luck getting into a Stadium these days with one of those

Not exactly. There is also a sub section of fans who were casual Pats fans, fell in love with Brady (can't blame them), and now can't even consider watching a Pats game without him now.

Like you said, he didn't die. As much as I love Brady, i was a fan long before him and will be a fan long after. Put me in the column of people who hope Jimmy G. knocks it out of the park these first 4 games.

Back