Has Tom being silently protesting?

Not exactly. There is also a sub section of fans who were casual Pats fans, fell in love with Brady (can't blame them), and now can't even consider watching a Pats game without him now. For that reason, they see Garoppolo's success as something that could spell the end of Brady, therefore, they hope he does just well enough to win, but not good enough to make anyone consider the future.

I have not seen anyone like this. Have you read anything from posters here that you think feel this way?

The metal bleachers were my favorite...well, that and the exterior having all the charm of a prison.

Had season tickets in 1986. I was a senior in college and it was the year after the Super Bowl. Paid $108 (think it included a preseason game or two.). We sat in the end zone. Forget what row but the cross bar was in our way for all plays between the 35's. I miss it.

Good times.

We had those clip on chairs that weren't bad

Good luck getting into a Stadium these days with one of those

Those clip-ons were back savers. I went through 2 sets during my 9 seasons in the old dump. I wish I had saved them just for memory's sake.

The metal bleachers were my favorite...well, that and the exterior having all the charm of a prison.

I only went to a half dozen or so games at Foxboro. Weren't there port-a-potties in the ramps? I seem to recall more people pissing on the ramp walls than in those things. Banging on the metal seats seemed louder than the plastic ones now.

Those clip-ons were back savers. I went through 2 sets during my 9 seasons in the old dump. I wish I had saved them just for memory's sake.

I was last row, lower bowl of the end zone. I sat under scoreboard and we had a 3' wide walkway behind me but it was in front of the handicap seats where I stood as I bribed them to let me stay by buying hot chocolate and putting blankets on the people in that area. Never sat during a game. Some good people.

Does this bring back memories (an actual bench piece from the old stadium):

Not exactly. There is also a sub section of fans who were casual Pats fans, fell in love with Brady (can't blame them), and now can't even consider watching a Pats game without him now. For that reason, they see Garoppolo's success as something that could spell the end of Brady, therefore, they hope he does just well enough to win, but not good enough to make anyone consider the future.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Personally, I think he will do very well. I wish the first game was at home, though, but I think he'll be the second best QB in the division (Brady) by the time he gives the keys back to TB12. His success opens a bunch of doors for BB this offseason (having JG signed next year is gigantic for trade value)

If he plays well I don't trade him unless it's completely ridiculous offer.

QB is the hardest position to fill. Look how many teams have absolutely floundered thru the years trying to get one.

Brissett shows some skills, but until I see him slinging vs 1s and 2s instead of Home Depot clerks, insurance salesmen, and gym teachers I'm not anointing him the 2 hole.

Jimmy is controlled for 3 years potentially. A lot can take place with a 39 yr old in 3 years.

I have not seen anyone like this. Have you read anything from posters here that you think feel this way?

Not here, people in real life (and on sports radio for that matter). I had a person tell me they hope Jimmy doesn't do well because if he does, Brady will be gone. Complete idiocy but they are out there.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

If he plays well I don't trade him unless it's completely ridiculous offer.

QB is the hardest position to fill. Look how many teams have absolutely floundered thru the years trying to get one.

Brissett shows some skills, but until I see him slinging vs 1s and 2s instead of Home Depot clerks, insurance salesmen, and gym teachers I'm not anointing him the 2 hole.

Jimmy is controlled for 3 years potentially. A lot can take place with a 39 yr old in 3 years.

If Jimmy does well and someone wants to give the Pats a first rounder, you have to do it (especially if its from a door knob team who is desparate)

If Jimmy does well and someone wants to give the Pats a first rounder, you have to do it (especially if its from a door knob team who is desparate)

After the price MN paid for Bradford, I would say if Jimmy is Lights Out than a single first would not be enough.

Sean Payton on his Brady tweet: "There aren’t a lot of people who can understand what Tom is going through. I’m one of them."

Mark Daniels ‏<s>@</s>MarkDanielsPJ

Here's Bill Belichick's full quote about the support from Sean Payton, which doesn't happen from everyone in the NFL

Cr1kMFRXgAAcrlm.jpg

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...hick-always-appreciates-sean-paytons-support/

Bill Belichick always appreciates Sean Payton’s support

Posted by Josh Alper on September 8, 2016, 12:30 PM EDT
FOXBORO, MA - OCTOBER 13: Head coaches Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots (L) and Sean Payton of the New Orleans Saints shake hands following the Patriots 30-27 win at Gillette Stadium on October 13, 2013 in Foxboro, Massachusetts. (Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Images) Getty Images
Saints coach Sean Payton sent out a tweet featuring a picture of the large picture of Tom Brady that the Patriots affixed to the outside of Gillette Stadium to keep Brady around the team in spirit while he serves his four-game suspension to open the season.

There was some similarity between the Patriots’ move and the picture of Payton that the Saints put up in their training facility — captioned with “do your job” to none of the aggrieved response the Cowboys got for using the phrase — while Payton was suspended a year by the league. That suspension drew a similar response in New Orleans to the one Brady’s suspension has received in New England and Payton confirmed that his tweet was intended to show that he understands “what Tom is going through.”

During his Thursday press conference, Belichick was apprised of what Payton posted and said it was nice to have Payton’s support.

“Yeah, I mean I have a good friendship with Sean. We go back quite a ways. We’ve had a great working relationship, great professional relationship and a good personal relationship. So, I always appreciate his support. He has had ours, we’ve had his. You can’t say that about everybody but certainly he has been a good friend and a good supporter.”

Belichick was also asked about Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer’s less empathetic response to a question about Brady’s suspension. Belichick said he wasn’t aware of it, but that he thinks highly of Palmer.

“I didn’t see it,” Belichick said. “But I mean I have a lot of respect for Carson Palmer. We’ve known Carson throughout the years, had him out at the Pro Bowl. I really have a lot of respect for Carson and what he has done throughout his career with three different organizations. I think he’s an outstanding person, outstanding quarterback, great competitor and he has had a tremendous career.”

Belichick and Palmer will be on opposite sides of the field on Sunday night when the Patriots and Cardinals kick off their regular seasons.

Not here, people in real life (and on sports radio for that matter). I had a person tell me they hope Jimmy doesn't do well because if he does, Brady will be gone. Complete idiocy but they are out there.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

I disagree.

No other position is as vital to organizational success. If you have a guy you've cultivated, groomed, educated, and developed in your system, and he's gotten game action in which he's shown he's very productive leading a franchise then that is worth 2, possibly 3 1sts. It's the most important commodity in sports.

Look how many top drafted ones just never come close to fruition.

Now add the 1st round busts in general.

No way.

You hold on to him.

Unless the deal is crazy good. A single 1st for a starting QB is poor.

After the price MN paid for Bradford, I would say if Jimmy is Lights Out than a single first would not be enough.

Eggs.

Zackly.

I disagree.

No other position is as vital to organizational success. If you have a guy you've cultivated, groomed, educated, and developed in your system, and he's gotten game action in which he's shown he's very productive leading a franchise then that is worth 2, possibly 3 1sts. It's the most important commodity in sports.

No way.

You hold on to him.

Eggs.

Zackly.

3 1sts? Not sure anyone is worth that.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Personally, I think he will do very well. I wish the first game was at home, though, but I think he'll be the second best QB in the division (Brady) by the time he gives the keys back to TB12. His success opens a bunch of doors for BB this offseason (having JG signed next year is gigantic for trade value)

We have not really had a choice to but to watch games with Brady, he keeps playing in all of them. Him leaving cannot get here fast enough so they can not like their Qb again....I'm almost pretty sure that they like Brady because he has kinda done well here, I might be wrong, but I do not get the, oh I like this team cause Brady is good. There are other good QB's and I hate their teams. Its going to be a big change when brady is gone, and I am probably in a minority to think that everything stays the same. We should be happy we had a QB like Brady who played that many years, a lot of teams do not get that. Dare I say, we were lucky.

http://nesn.com/2016/09/tom-brady-breaks-silence-on-speculated-qb-rift-helmet-decal-banner/

Tom Brady is suspended for four games, in case you haven’t heard, but he still fulfilled his sponsored obligation to be interviewed by Westwood One’s Jim Gray on Thursday night before the Carolina Panthers-Denver Broncos season opener. It’s possibly the only time Brady will speak to the media during his Deflategate suspension. Here’s what the New England Patriots quarterback had to say in the radio interview.

On if he removed his NFL logo helmet decal: “No, I didn’t. I don’t even pay attention to what’s on my helmet. I just hope the helmet is functional. That’s all I’m trying for the helmet to be. I don’t pay attention to the stickers or anything on there. I certainly didn’t remove anything.”

On Julian Edelman’s comment that it’s like Brady is in jail: “Well, not quite jail. I feel like I don’t have the opportunity to do something I love to do. That’s the hard part about the situation we’re in. I’m going to try to be positive about that and spend some quality time with my family and pick my kids up from school and do something things I won’t have the opportunity to do in October and November and December and for the years to come. Hopefully I can keep playing football for a long time, and I don’t have to ever sit out another September for as long as I’m playing.”

On the banner featuring his image on the Gillette Stadium lighthouse: “I think it was a very cool gesture by Mr. Kraft and the team. I’ll be excited to be back out there in October when I’m out there for real. It was a really cool thing to do. I was certainly very humbled and flattered to see it. On social media, I’ve seen quite a bit of it. I haven’t seen it in person.”

3 1sts? Not sure anyone is worth that.

A franchise QB still on a rookie deal playing lights out is.

Look around the league.

It's far and away the hardest position to fill with upper tier talent.

3 1sts. Percentage wise one will probably bust. Say the other 2 are solid 1st round hits, like we typically have. You think a young, very promising, PROVEN QB is not worth a mid 1st LT and a mid 1st CB with a side of bust? Or even if he doesn't bust, because BB drafts well, throw in another player - LBer. So a starting QB for a solid LT, CB, and LB.

Yeah, I think that's worth it all day every day.

Ask the Jets.

I disagree.

No way.

You hold on to him.

Eggs.

Zackly.

I don't think Tom Brady would bring 3 1sts.

I don't think Tom Brady would bring 3 1sts.
at 25 he would have

:coffee:

thing is the Fischer Cat gave up so much for a rookie who is controlled for years cheap. Jimmy G is going to get paid based on the bounty Bill gets. 1 first and a 2nd with conditional picks on signing and production (3rd and 4 th)

I don't ever recall Brady speaking about union issues in the past:

Brady: Players need to stand together to improve the game

Posted by Josh Alper on September 9, 2016, 7:47 AM EDT

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said recently that he thought there was “probably too much pressure to come back to a deal” during the last CBA negotiations “when we had all the power on our side” to make “legitimate changes” to the amount of power NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell wields.

Those powers predated that round of CBA negotiations, but they are sure to be a talking point when it comes time to negotiate a new agreement when the current one winds down in 2020. One of the players who has become a focal point in discussions about the way Goodell metes out discipline is Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who is starting his four-game suspension this week.

Brady spoke to Jim Gray on Westwood One radio Thursday night and said that the coming negotiations offer a chance for players to “come together to really stand up for the things that we believe in and continue to fight” that others have led in the past.

“I think the system can always be improved,” Brady said, via WEEI.com. “Not just for my situation because my situation is obviously in the past, but for everyone’s situation in the future. I think we as players need to stand together so collectively we can be as strong as possible and the NFL can continue to provide and be as great of a game as it is.”

As for his own fight with the league, Brady said “it doesn’t serve my interest to keep looking back” and that he’s trying to fully focus on his job with the Patriots so he can be “the best quarterback I can be” when the time comes to return to the field in October.

Back