Have you ever had to chew on a piece of brown paper bag to stop a nosebleed?

Have you ever had to chew on a brown paper bag to stop a nosebleed?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Zombies ate my brown paper bag

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Annihilus

Zen Powered by Death Buddhists
Reaction score
Have you ever had to chew on a piece of brown paper bag?

This dude at work just Annihilus just asked him the following question:

Have you ever had to chew on a piece of brown paper bag to stop your nose from bleeding? Not the whole bag, just a piece of it.

WTF?

Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Re: Have you ever had to chew on a piece of brown paper bag?

Annihilus* on 09-27-2007 at 10:55 AM said:
This dude at work just Annihilus just asked him the following question:

Have you ever had to chew on a piece of brown paper bag to stop your nose from bleeding? Not the whole bag, just a piece of it.

WTF?

Has anyone else ever heard of this?

uhhh, no

Sounds to me like soethin your mom told you when you were a kid. It wasn't to stop the bleeding, it was to stop the bitching.

Zombies ate my brown paper bag.

C'mon people, it's ALWAYS the zombie option...thought we had discussed this:archive:

I chewed on a paper bag to staunch the flow of blood when i cut my arm the other day.

I used to chew on tin foil when my brothers made me! But paper bags no? I have only had one nose bleed in my life anyway when I was 5 and I was runnin around the village in Greece with my head back. Sounds like an urban legend that parents tell their children. I know my mom has told me TOO many when growing up.

A few questions:

1. Was your coworker in fact thomas 144?

2. Does thomas use paper bags to stop nose bleeds?

3. Does thomas even GET nose bleeds? (I'm thinking no)

4. If thomas told you to chew on a brown paper bag to stop a nose bleed, or for any other reason, would you do it?

I'm thinking of punching my boss in the nose, if i can find a brown paper bag before I smack him I'll try it and report back..

As funny as it sounds, I have done something like this. I had bad nose bleeds as a kid and my stepmother told me to place a small bit of paper bag under my top lip. I thought she was crazy, but it seemed to stop the flow of blood.

PS* on 09-27-2007 at 11:16 AM said:
Zombies ate my brown paper bag.

C'mon people, it's ALWAYS the zombie option...thought we had discussed this:archive:
Exactly.

This was nothing more than a test.

A test that currently 2/3rds of you failed.

[Annihilus mode]
Helena has heard a lot of bizarre chit in her time, but this one is new.

Because of this, Helena did a web search for Annihilus on this very subject.

Helena found the following:

Press your finger between your lip and gum, pressing upward against the nose. Variations of this remedy are to place a rolled up piece of a brown paper bag, paper towel or gauze, a dime, or a tree leaf in the same position. There is a blood vessel that runs under the upper lip, and these techniques cut down the blood flow and allow the blood to clot.

Helena also saw mention that Loni Anderson did something similar to this on an episode of WKRP in Cincinnati.

[/Annihilus mode]

Well, that's close....but Annihilus just asked him again and he said: 'No, you chew on the piece of brown paper bag'.

Back