Help Buying a new car

PA_PATS_FAN54*

Reaction score
Website
www.a2zpa.com
In approximately two months the wife will be purchasing a new car (trading in her 04 Tacoma).

It has to be front wheel or all wheel drive

mid sized sedan for family trips

cost no more than $24,000

Primary use: back and forth to work (40 miles each way) for my wife. Will also be used for ALL trips (me going to MA every 4-6 weeks), going to see the in-laws in NC :Eason: weekend errands etc.

We've done some online price shopping and she likes the Chevy Cobalt (seems a little small for me but a test drive will be the real test)

also the new Ford Taurus (old Ford 500) is in our $ range and I know it's comfortable (I've driven my mother's 07 500)

She liked the look of the Saturn Aura as well as a few others ... not loking forward to test driving 12 different vehicles so I'm trying to get her to pick her 3 favorites.

Looking for everyone's thoughts but I refuse to buy Kia or Hyundai

Used Mercedes. You'll never regret it.

I've had about twenty cars, and I've only bought two of the same. The one that I love the most because it barrels through everything, has comfort and great options is my Jeep Liberty. I have the Limited, so it's more than $24k, but it's pretty awesome.

I love my '04 Honda Accord. Great gas mileage, excellent power, not the slightest problem in four years. At the time, it cost me 18K.

also the new Ford Taurus (old Ford 500) is in our $ range and I know it's comfortable (I've driven my mother's 07 500)

I have the Mercury equivalent of this car. (Montego) Been a fantastic car. Love it.

Also check out the Milan if you don't want to go quite that big.

PAPF54*.........

1.) contact the Clinton Campaign Office nearest you and tell 'em both you & the Mrs. will toss Hill a vote if she buys you guys the new car.....she's F'n desperate enough to win PA to do it :D

2.) make sure whatever car you acquire, the back seat is large enough for you to ("you know") back there.....you're a pretty tall, large-framed man as I recall :thumb:

SUBARU all wheel drive... Legacy, Outback or Forester GREAT CAR GREAT winter Car

Why? Hyundai's been around for, what, 20 years now? They have a good warranty, and they make a pretty good car. I had a 1991 Hyundai Excel that I bought brand-new for chump change and ran the car into the ground over a decade. My wife has a 2003 Hyundai Elantra, and for about $17k (after tax and title and everything) it came fully loaded (power everything, sunroof even) and it's a much better car than my 1999 Saturn SL2. Even Kia's improved a lot; my parents have a Kia Optima, fully loaded, and if you changed the nameplate on the thing you'd think you were in a Nissan or a Toyota. You'd buy a friggin' Chevy POS American-made sedan, though? :shrug: If you're sticking to American brands because you're being patriotic, that's cool, but if you're avoiding those companies because you think they make POS cars, you're wrong. The 2008 Consumer Reports Buying Guide ranks the Hyundai Elantra as the 5th-best "small car", and the Kia Spectra 10th... and the Chevy Cobalt 11th.

If you're cap is $24k, you'd be doing yourself a grave injustice by not considering a Toyoya Camry or Honda Accord.

I've had good luck buying used Honda's and Toyota's... I get them with 30-50k on them and run them into the ground. The Accord is a nice sedan for the money and it's very reliable. I had a Subaru Outback, and it was a wonderful car, but a bit pricier than the others. The all wheel drive is nice about six to ten times a year, the rest of the time it's just wasted gas...

In approximately two months the wife will be purchasing a new car (trading in her 04 Tacoma).

It has to be front wheel or all wheel drive

mid sized sedan for family trips

cost no more than $24,000

Primary use: back and forth to work (40 miles each way) for my wife. Will also be used for ALL trips (me going to MA every 4-6 weeks), going to see the in-laws in NC :Eason: weekend errands etc.

We've done some online price shopping and she likes the Chevy Cobalt (seems a little small for me but a test drive will be the real test)

She liked the look of the Saturn Aura as well as a few others ... not loking forward to test driving 12 different vehicles so I'm trying to get her to pick her 3 favorites.

I love my Acura RSX :) Very good on gas rides the road nicely. I paid 20 k but the only thing is they don't make them anymore, I got mine the last year they made the RSX. So a good alternative is a Honda.

I also loooove Subarus. My dad just got a Subaru Impreza Outback sport. Nice looking car, all wheel drive, and he paid about 18 k I think??? I took it for a ride one day and let me tell you I LOVED it!

Why? Hyundai's been around for, what, 20 years now? They have a good warranty, and they make a pretty good car. I had a 1991 Hyundai Excel that I bought brand-new for chump change and ran the car into the ground over a decade. My wife has a 2003 Hyundai Elantra, and for about $17k (after tax and title and everything) it came fully loaded (power everything, sunroof even) and it's a much better car than my 1999 Saturn SL2. Even Kia's improved a lot; my parents have a Kia Optima, fully loaded, and if you changed the nameplate on the thing you'd think you were in a Nissan or a Toyota. You'd buy a friggin' Chevy POS American-made sedan, though? :shrug: If you're sticking to American brands because you're being patriotic, that's cool, but if you're avoiding those companies because you think they make POS cars, you're wrong. The 2008 Consumer Reports Buying Guide ranks the Hyundai Elantra as the 5th-best "small car", and the Kia Spectra 10th... and the Chevy Cobalt 11th.

Had a POS Hyundai Sonata ... the only thing good about it was the gas mileage, their customer support was non existent, fought the warranty every step of the way for a cracked head (defective), fixed it when we got a lawyer involved. thanks for your opinion ... i think :blink:

I'll second that. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't buy a Camry given the parameters suggested in the original post.

I've been looking at getting a Camry for my next car... Although, since it will primarily be my "drive back and forth to work only" car, I may look a little closer at the Yaris sedan, as well, and maybe save some green...

I've had about twenty cars, and I've only bought two of the same. The one that I love the most because it barrels through everything, has comfort and great options is my Jeep Liberty. I have the Limited, so it's more than $24k, but it's pretty awesome.
ROFL That is my wife's first choice, gas mileage and $ are the sticking factors. I'm sure she will be revisiting the Liberty and if she test drives it I'm sure she will buy it. She absolutely loved her Cherokee. :thumb:

PAPF54*.........

1.) contact the Clinton Campaign Office nearest you and tell 'em both you & the Mrs. will toss Hill a vote if she buys you guys the new car.....she's F'n desperate enough to win PA to do it :D

2.) make sure whatever car you acquire, the back seat is large enough for you to ("you know") back there.....you're a pretty tall, large-framed man as I recall :thumb:

ROFL
reclining drivers seat works too :thumb:

Back