I know, I know...this is a football forum...BUT

Another great WC game last night.

MLB>NFL lol

Disappointing loss last night. Incredible support it has to be said from the Indian fans.

Disappointing loss last night. Incredible support it has to be said from the Indian fans.

Cleveland had one of the lowest average crowds during the season. They're front runners :coffee:

Great fans...but dumb as a sack full of hammers. What was with that one idiot holding up that "86 Red Sox chokers" sign? Has he been living under a rock? The Sox have won 3 WS since then. '86 means about as much now as a Yankee fan wearing a '1918' t-shirt.

This is not going well is it. That was an ass kicking. Need something big now to save this series.

Tribe did just enough to close it out. I felt pretty good after game 1 because Kluber was going in game 2 and David Price is allergic to playoff baseball. Not sure they will get past the Jays.

Congrats to a HOF career for Papi. All of baseball will miss him. Not only was he was one of the greatest players of all time but a great person as well.

Sad to see and a fond farewell to Big Papi. What a player he's been for the Red Sox. He'll be sorely missed. The fans were great last night, they wouldn't leave until they said goodbye to him.

<iframe src='http://m.redsox.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=1205176483&topic_id=8878860&width=640&height=360&property=mlb' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Tribe did just enough to close it out. I felt pretty good after game 1 because Kluber was going in game 2 and David Price is allergic to playoff baseball. Not sure they will get past the Jays.

Congrats to a HOF career for Papi. All of baseball will miss him. Not only was he was one of the greatest players of all time but a great person as well.

We're on to Cincinnati. :coffee:

Cheers, :toast:

We'll never see the likes of Ortiz again. He was a once-in-a-lifetime ballplayer.

Sure, we'll see Superstars, but not one that stepped in up in the clutch like David did so many times.

Beyond his clutch hitting, the truly amazing thing was the way he embraced his very public role as the spokesman for the team and the entire organization. He went over and above the call of duty and every fan felt like we really knew the guy and loved him. A huge personality with a shrewd intellect and a tons of heart. He was open and honest and despite that he never really got involved in any negative drama. Just a cool guy who seemed like he could handle anything. We all fed off the guy and he never backed down from all that weight. He never blinked except at the very end when he was trying to hold back the tears.

He was completely unprecedented in this town and impossible to duplicate.

Get the statue started now and make sure it is worthy of a living legend.

So long, 34. Enjoy your retirement.

<iframe src='http://m.redsox.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=1205176483&topic_id=8878860&width=640&height=360&property=mlb' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

can't bring myself to watch this right now. O.Z.O. Jr stayed up to watch the whole game, told me he cried at the end.

Would be nice if the Patriots bring him out to Gillette before the Bengals game and let the crowd here say farewell.

Back