If you are in the Carolinas

Hopefully Piggy is loading up the U-Haul.

And heading back to Massachusetts. :coffee:

Nope house is fully insured. Also to make things more exciting I’ll be staying in a high-rise oceanfront hotel with the best view ever. There is a very high probability I will be facing 140 mile an hour winds. Wish me luck. My home should be gone if we get We get a direct hit.:dbanana:

My only remaining sister & her huz live on the beach in Wilmington I didn't even know this was happening. Thx for the heads up.

:thumb:

My only remaining sister & her huz live on the beach in Wilmington I didn't even know this was happening. Thx for the heads up.

:thumb:

Wilmington could get a direct hit and right now if I were them they better get prepared.

Wilmington could get a direct hit and right now if I were them they better get prepared.

We usuaally go to the OBX, but we did go once to Wrightsville Beach. Wouldn't want to be their in a bad blow.

Cheers, Piggy, good luck.

Nope house is fully insured. Also to make things more exciting I’ll be staying in a high-rise oceanfront hotel with the best view ever. There is a very high probability I will be facing 140 mile an hour winds. Wish me luck. My home should be gone if we get We get a direct hit.:dbanana:

Best of luck! :toast:

I was planning to visit the Outer banks in October. Fortunately I Had not booked it yet.

I was planning to visit the Outer banks in October. Fortunately I Had not booked it yet.

As a general position, it's good to book obx a year in advance, especially if you want a direct beachfront megamansion with all the amenities.

But Ocxtober is still likely to be awesome. Go for it with trip insurance (most r4entals offer it).

Is that really the best option you have?

Is that really the best option you have?

Well we have a fortified position and we’re prepared for category five winds. The building is a massive concrete and very tall. The generators are on the top floor and I have roof access if need be. I’ll have an interior room away from the windows. I do expect a massive storm surge of it hits his head on. With the bottom 3 to 5 horse wiped out. I figured 20 foot storm surge would not be unusual. The Facebook live video would be quite impressive;coffee:

Me too- already booked, unfortunately. Avon. Where do you usually go?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Me too- already booked, unfortunately. Avon. Where do you usually go?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have never been there. I'm sort of kinda scouting possible retirement locales, and NC was on the list. It still is but I think we'll shoot for Marco Island in FL instead this trip. It was just going to be the bride and me but then we figured might as well invite the kids too as it would be great to spend some time all together. Rent a house and a car and live large for a few days.

I believe Imapigs area is under mandatory evac orders, hope to hear from him and that he fares well. I believe No1Jag is that area too, could be wrong.

Ok typical stuff - stay safe and all that stuff

But I am jealous of the hotel deal. I was telling my girl I would love to be safely in a concrete building watching that stuff from up high. Seriously insane shit!!

And yes be safe buddy and share them videos but don’t become a kite off the deck!!

But I am jealous of the hotel deal. I was telling my girl I would love to be safely in a concrete building watching that stuff from up high.

My sis & huz also just evacuated from Wilmington. Staying at the Greensboro Hilton until storm passes. Not all bad . . .

Hurricane Florence

I'm really worried about this one. It looks to be a potential monster hitting South Carolina, in an area that is riddled with nuclear power plants, and storm shelters that are not rated for anything about Cat 3.

Also, there are a lot of poor areas of South Carolina where the folks don't have the means to evacuate. They are going to have to ride it out.

This could be really ugly.

I'll be lighting a candle for these people, and God Bless the Cajun Navy, they've got a real challenge ahead of them this week.

My cousin is in Wilmington which is likely to get hit bad. She’s gone inland away from the water with friends. Hopefully far enough away from the water.

Back