I'm shocked and speechless - Manning

Hey, Cris Carter, the Mannings were rockin' your advice about having a fall guy 20 years ago. They had an innocent black guy all picked out but Dr. Jamie Naughright wasn't a cretin like them and refused to finger the poor sap.

I have a screw loose for saying it was a disgusting act, but one that pales in comparison to the subsequent destruction of her life?

Okay...

Peyton's initial act was deliberate, not a mistake, as you desperately want to believe. He did it in retaliation for an incident occurring between them in 1994, which is redacted in the court papers.

Stick to the facts.

That's the best tweet of his on the topic. i hate the rest of his 3rd grade level namecalling rant. it completely voids anything he says as credible. he is a petulant toddler.

Peyton's initial act was deliberate, not a mistake, as you desperately want to believe. He did it in retaliation for an incident occurring between them in 1994, which is redacted in the court papers.

Stick to the facts.
I wasn't saying it was an accident. I was saying "mistake" in the sense that everyone does things they regret, except maybe, I can infer from your holier-than-thou tone, you.

The fact is, if the incident had ended with a genuine apology, both publicly and privately, a small civil settlement, some community service, and no repeat incidents, this would be a non-story. It would be a black mark in his past, a college kid doing something dumb and learning from it.

As bad as what he did was, the real crime is not accepting his wrong doing and then lying repeatedly to discredit her, his victim in the assault. His lies and breach of confidentiality in the book cost her two jobs and threw her life into what was undoubtedly a hell of legal struggle with no real end game except trying to regain normalcy.

I'm not trying to imply in any way that any of his actions in this matter are excusable, just acknowledging that the way he mishandled the initial crime is even worse than the crime itself.

I know you don't like me, but I'd like to think as people, we could set aside our personal distaste for personal opinions we don't share about a silly game, and keep the focus in this thread about what a travesty this whole incident has been for Dr. Naughright.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...e-athletes-created-hostile-sexual-environment

Peyton Manning is among the athletes cited in a lawsuit filed by a group of women alleging that the University of Tennessee has violated Title IX regulations and created a "hostile sexual environment" through a policy of indifference toward assaults by student-athletes.

The Tennessean first reported the lawsuit and Manning's involvement.

The federal suit filed Tuesday in Nashville states Tennessee's policies made students more vulnerable to sexual assault and had a "clearly unreasonable response" after incidents that caused the women making complaints to endure additional harassment. The suit also states the university interfered with the disciplinary process to favor male athletes.

An alleged Peyton Manning incident has been cited in a lawsuit against Tennessee. RVR Photos/USA TODAY Sports
The Tennessee lawsuit alleges that in 1996, when Manning was the Volunteers' quarterback, he placed his naked genitals on the face of a female athletic trainer while she was examining him for an injury. Manning has denied that he assaulted the trainer, saying instead that he was "mooning" a teammate. Manning was never the subject of a police investigation in the incident.

The trainer, Dr. Jamie Naughright, later sued Manning. In documents filed on her behalf in the case, the player whom Manning says he was "mooning," Malcolm Saxon, refutes Manning's account. Naughright's lawsuit against Manning was settled in 1997 with the agreement that she leave the university.

Manning later wrote an autobiography, "Manning: A Father, His Sons and a Football Legacy," in which he claimed that Naughright had a "vulgar" mouth and described her and his interactions with her at Tennessee in an unflattering light. In 2003, Naughright again sued Manning and his father, Archie Manning, ghost writer John Underwood and HarperCollins Publishers Inc. The Tennessee lawsuit references a USA Today article about the matter; however, on Saturday, the New York Daily News published a more detailed description of both of Naughright's lawsuits, including her "facts of the case" filing in the 2003 defamation lawsuit.

There have been several sexual assault complaints made against Tennessee student-athletes over the past four years. The lawsuit against Tennessee names 10 players, including former football players Manning, A.J. Johnson and Michael Williams. They latter two were indicted on aggravated rape charges in February 2015 and have separate trial dates this summer.

The suit was filed by David Randolph Smith, a lawyer representing six unidentified plaintiffs, against the University of Tennessee and the director of the office of student conduct and community standards. No individual were named as defendants in the complaint.

The suit also states that Tim Rogers, a former vice chancellor for student life, stepped down in 2013 "in protest over the violation of Title IX and the UT administration's and athletic department's deliberate indifference to the clear and present danger of sexual assaults by UT athletes."

Bill Ramsey, a lawyer representing the school, said in a statement the university "acted lawfully and in good faith" in the situations outlined in the complaint. Ramsey said the school "has devoted significant time and energy to provide a safe environment for our students, to educate and raise awareness about sexual assault and to encourage students to come forward and report sexual assault."

This suit comes two weeks after Florida State settled a Title IX lawsuit with a former student Erica Kinsman, who said the school failed to adequately investigate allegations that she was raped by former Seminoles quarterback Jameis Winston. The Heisman winner and No. 1 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft has said the allegations are false and that he and Kinsman had consensual sex. No charges were ever filed against Winston, as prosecutors said there wasn't enough evidence to win a conviction and that there were gaps in Kinsman's story.

Title IX is a federal statute that bans discrimination at schools that receive federal funding. The U.S. Department of Education warned schools in 2011 of their legal responsibilities to immediately investigate allegations of sexual assault, even if the criminal investigation has not concluded.

I wasn't saying it was an accident. I was saying "mistake" in the sense that everyone does things they regret, except maybe, I can infer from your holier-than-thou tone, you.

The fact is, if the incident had ended with a genuine apology, both publicly and privately, a small civil settlement, some community service, and no repeat incidents, this would be a non-story. It would be a black mark in his past, a college kid doing something dumb and learning from it.

As bad as what he did was, the real crime is not accepting his wrong doing and then lying repeatedly to discredit her, his victim in the assault. His lies and breach of confidentiality in the book cost her two jobs and threw her life into what was undoubtedly a hell of legal struggle with no real end game except trying to regain normalcy.

I'm not trying to imply in any way that any of his actions in this matter are excusable, just acknowledging that the way he mishandled the initial crime is even worse than the crime itself.

I know you don't like me, but I'd like to think as people, we could set aside our personal distaste for personal opinions we don't share about a silly game, and keep the focus in this thread about what a travesty this whole incident has been for Dr. Naughright.

I love tap dancing.

That's the best tweet of his on the topic. i hate the rest of his 3rd grade level namecalling rant. it completely voids anything he says as credible. he is a petulant toddler.

I agree BUT his over the top rants will be responded to and shared a lot more than if he said "awe shucks Peyton's privates covered up her face like Archie covered up his act"

This is forcing people to address Klewe's tweets by at the least calling him vulgar but while doing so you will read them.

Point is made to more people

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

I love tap dancing.

Soft shoe

Here is a lowdown on the initial reports in real time:

http://thebiglead.com/2016/02/13/he...nning-trainer-incident-back-in-1996-and-1997/

“Dad’s right. It really bothered me for a while,” Peyton reflected at lunchtime after rapping with dozens of national reporters drawn to the UT campus for college football’s annual Game of the Century. “I thought by now everybody around here knew me better than that. Then I began to realize I was just part of her whole process.”

No offense to the woman trainer bystander caught in the prankish crossfire, but the incident might be considered encouraging evidence there’s a spunky, spirited lad hidden there somewhere within that unusually mature, PR-perfect goody two-shoes under center for the Vols.

It was an act probably more in keeping for Cooper Manning, Peyton’s fun-loving older brother who followed their father to Ole Miss. “Yeah, Cooper was really proud of me,” chortled Peyton, his adolescence sneaking out for a moment.

Then, in November 1997, the Knoxville chapter of the National Organization of Women gave Jamie Whited the Courage Award for coming forward. A write-up on that notes:

“After her complaint, radio talk-shows, newspaper editorials, and the public ridiculed her. Callers to a sports talk show said $300,000 was too much “even if he raped her” and “even if athletes got her in a corner and molested her.” Whited said their responses show “a lack of humanity and appreciation and level of violence that still exists out there toward women.”

Lots more at link.

I've never said he's "lily white" on the HGH issue, I've said there isn't enough evidence to draw a conclusion. There is a a big difference. I don't think one has to do with the other, to be honest. His actions in every phase of this matter have been reprehensible and completely inexcusable, but it doesn't mean he's automatically committed other crimes. If he is found to have used HGH, although it would be more relevant to the NFL and taint his playing legacy, I will think it would be a far lesser crime than what he did to this woman.

As I recall, there were plenty of people who thought Deflategate was true simply because of Spygate.

Funny how that does't seem to apply here.

The media is a powerful mind control operation...many people believe whatever is in front of their eyes (and in between their ears), whether it is truth or fiction. The more times that the story is told, the more people will believe it. This is called propaganda. If the media was 100% accurate, there wouldn't be a problem...the problem is, that the media is rarely 100% accurate.

As I recall, there were plenty of people who thought Deflategate was true simply because of Spygate.

Funny how that does't seem to apply here.
I'm not one of those people, as I favor drawing conclusions from sufficient evidence.

However, if you were to accept that both Spygate and Deflategate happened, it is not completely unreasonable to suspect that someone willing to cheat in one manner would be willing to cheat in another. It is not conclusive, and isn't enough by itself to show that guilty of one means guilty of the other.

Sexually assaulting someone doesn't have anything to do with using drugs of any kind, so it's even more unrelated.

Either way, I feel like this should be more about how badly Peyton treated this woman, during the incident and even moreso, after, than about your perceived media slights against the Patriots.

But maybe that's just me.

I'm not one of those people, as I favor drawing conclusions from sufficient evidence.

However, if you were to accept that both Spygate and Deflategate happened, it is not completely unreasonable to suspect that someone willing to cheat in one manner would be willing to cheat in another. It is not conclusive, and isn't enough by itself to show that guilty of one means guilty of the other.

Sexually assaulting someone doesn't have anything to do with using drugs of any kind, so it's even more unrelated.

Either way, I feel like this should be more about how badly Peyton treated this woman, during the incident and even moreso, after, than about your perceived media slights against the Patriots.

Absolutely correct well except maybe the lying and the cover up part:coffee:

~Dee~

So does that mean Denver, the steelers, and oh say 30 other teams are willing to cheat since they all have? Thing is, nobody cared about them, because they are not rattling off superbowls and being something every fan wishes their team was.

This whole story reminds me of Numbers 32:23 "Be sure your sin will find you out."

What unbelievable timing for this lawsuit to emerge. And that tweet hit the nail on the head when it comes to the scum bag ManninHGH but he forgot to include hiding behind your wife's skirt and sending goons to your dealer's house.

Your analogy doesn't really work here.

Spygate and/or Deflategate presupposes a "culture" by a group of people. Manning's situation(s) are by one individual - him.

We know how he treated this woman. This should be about the power and influence that his father exerted (and still exerts) in certain circles; namely, UTenn, ESPN, NFL, Goodell, Elway. This man has covered up and protected his son probably from the first time this silver-spooned cretin got his first erection.

He has exhibited racism, mysogyny, narcissim, amongst other traits, including being a shitty teammate as told by those who have spoken out, a person who barely talks to anyone in the locker room, certainly exhibited by ducking out on the team party after winning a SB, no less, and carries himself in such a way as to appear pristine and shielded in carbon fiber when in reality he's a womanizer, an abuser, and a cheat.

I would argue vociferously that a man who has never lied, who has the highest integrity, is a leader amongst his team as well as friend to all of them, who works to maintain his excellence and encourages others to do the same...speaking of Tom Brady in case you hadn't figured that out...shouldn't be lumped into the same category in any discussion about Manning being given the benefit of the doubt or making a leap from one thing to another.

Peyton's bio is becoming clearer and clearer, though well hidden from the public for a long time.

Brady's bio has been an open book.

Peyton has serious character issues, doesn't he?

Nah, Peyton has just been raping the benefits of being a Manning for all these years.

(My keyboard has been acting up lately - there may (or may not) be a typo in the sentence above.)

He's like Ryan Leaf...only with a more organized posse.

That 1994 incident must be even worse if Peyton's lawyers asked for the record to be sealed. Hope this new lawsuit exposes it.

Back