In Celebration Of Tom Brady, Bill Belichick & The New England Patriots

Which player will receive TFB's 400th TD pass?

I'm picking Dobson.

Not sure how I missed this thread for months, but I did. Outstanding from the first post on!

http://www.patriots.com/news/2015/10/02/what-watch-2015

What to watch for in 2015

Friday, October 02, 2015 2:00 PM EDT

By New England Patriots
<svg id="Layer_1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" x="0px" y="0px" width="17.004px" height="14.012px" viewBox="0 0 17.004 14.012" xml:space="preserve"> </svg>
@patriots

As we move forward into the season, here are several milestones to look out for in 2015 for Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and other Patriots. Read
PATRIOTS

• The Patriots can match the Oakland Raiders (1973-1977) as only the second team in NFL history to advance to five straight AFC Championship games.
  • The Patriots will look to become the ninth team to repeat as Super Bowl champions and the first team to do so since New England won back-to-back Super Bowls in 2003 and 2004. The Patriots will try to match Pittsburgh as the only other NFL team with back-to-back Super Bowl wins two separate times.
  • The Patriots have won six straight division titles (2009-14) and can match the Los Angeles Rams (1973-79) for the most consecutive division titles in NFL history if they win the AFC East in 2015.
BILL BELICHICK

• Bill Belichick (6) needs to
    <figure class="fieldable-panels-pane embedded_photo align-right margin-5 width-50">
    478975c2ef274f15a2609f33c6da7cd1.jpg

</figure> reach one more Super Bowl as a head coach to break a tie with Don Shula (6) for the most conference titles.
  • Belichick has four Super Bowl wins as a head coach to match Pittsburgh’s Chuck Noll for the most wins. With one more Super Bowl win, Belichick will have the most wins by a head coach in Super Bowl history.
  • Belichick (14 straight) needs to lead the Patriots to one more winning season to break a tie with Curly Lambeau (14) for the second most consecutive winning seasons all-time to the 20 by Tom Landry.
  • Belichick is one of five head coaches to win six consecutive division titles (2009-14) - Paul Brown (1950-55), Tom Landry (1966-71), Bud Grant (1973-78) and Chuck Noll (1974-79) - and needs one more division title in 2015 to have seven, the most consecutive division titles among all head coaches.
  • Belichick has 12 division titles as a head coach and needs one more to tie Tom Landry and Don Shula for 13, the most division titles among all head coaches.
TOM BRADY

<figure class="fieldable-panels-pane embedded_photo align-right margin-5 width-50">
8e38e81ee0d746938483133dee63d145.jpg

</figure>
CONSISTENT WINNER
Tom Brady has 163 career regular-season wins with the Patriots, the most wins by a starting quarterback with one team. Read
  • Brady is in his 16th season with the Patriots, tying former Patriots QB Steve Grogan (1975-90) for most seaons with the Patriots.
  • Brady became the fourth NFL player to ever reach 400 career touchdown passes on a second quarter TD pass vs. Jacksonville (9/27).
  • If Brady reaches 30 or more touchdown passes in 2015, he will become just the fourth player in NFL history with at least 30 or more touchdown passes in six seasons.
  • If Brady reaches 4,000 passing yards in 2015, he will be just the third player in NFL history with at least eight 4,000-yard passing seasons.
  • Brady has played in 212 career games with the Patriots to match Bruce Armstrong (212) for most games played in Patriots history. He has started in 210 games and needs to start in three more to move past Armstrong (212) for most starts in Patriots history.
  • Tom Brady made his 14th opening day start with the Patriots in 2015. The only NFL quarterbacks with more opening day starts with one team are John Elway (16 with Denver), Dan Marino (16 with Miami) and Brett Favre (15 with Green Bay).
STEPHEN GOSTKOWSKI

• Stephen Gostkowski has led
    d5b3f733edf148a681a1fa289cc0b674.jpg

</figure>
    the NFL in scoring in each of the last three seasons (2012-14). He can become just the third NFL player to lead the NFL in scoring in at least four consecutive seasons, joining Don Hutson (1940-44) and Gino Cappelletti (1963-66).
  • If Stephen Gostkowski leads the NFL in scoring in 2015, he will join Don Hutson (5) and Gino Cappelletti (5) as the only NFL players to lead the NFL in scoring in five seasons. Gostkowski has led the NFL in scoring in 2008, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
  • Gostkowski has 250 career field goals and needs 14 field goals in 2015 to move past Adam Vinatieri (263) for the most field goals in team history.
  • Gostkowski moved past Matt Stover (422) and is first in NFL history with 425 consecutive extra points.
ROB GRONKOWSKI

• Rob Gronkowski has 59
    b08344d815e3475d9eeaefcaa9885387.jpg

</figure>
    overall touchdowns and needs 10 touchdowns to move past Stanley Morgan (68) to become the all-time leader in touchdowns scored for the Patriots. He needs one more touchdown to become the second Patriots player with 60 touchdowns.
  • Gronkowski (58) needs 10 receiving touchdowns to move past Stanley Morgan (67) to become the all-time leader in receiving touchdowns for the Patriots.
  • Gronkowski (59) needs one more TD to become the fifth NFL tight end with at least 60 touchdowns, joining Tony Gonzalez (111), Antonio Gates (99), Shannon Sharpe (62) and Jerry Smith (60).
  • Gronkowski (4,687) needs 313 receiving yards in 2015 to become the seventh New England Patriots player to reach 5,000 career receiving yards.

Here's an new angle (at least for me) of the end of SB49. It never gets old.

<IFRAME height=315 src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dIQYAU_2Rmg" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Right at the 1:18 mark you can see Blount come over and shake Lynch's hand and hug him. He must have said, "should have just given you the ball man." LOL.

Great video. Thanks for sharing. Love watching the replays on the screen and hearing the fans reactions.

Right at the 1:18 mark you can see Blount come over and shake Lynch's hand and hug him. He must have said, "should have just given you the ball man." LOL.

Great video. Thanks for sharing. Love watching the replays on the screen and hearing the fans reactions.

Guy with Camera gets right on top of the pile. I'd like to see his footage.

Cheers, BostonTim

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bBQa8R8vr_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know this is up here somewhere but you just can't see these too many times.

This one is fast paced. Hundreds (?) of great moments in under 12 minutes. And a great place to observe what a beautiful ball TFB throws.

We are so blessed.

Cheers, BostonTim

I think it will go to Edelperson.

I want us to never forget all that TommyD has meant to this gathering. Can we just call him Edeljag instead?

Cheers, BostonTim
(J/K Tommy)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lHvOVN1QBPw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england...-nfl-a-first-for-bill-belichick-with-injuries

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Bill Belichick is now in his 41st season coaching in the NFL, and Sunday marked a first for him when the New England Patriots had just 18 healthy offensive players available to them.

Asked in his standard day-after-game conference call how unusual that was, Belichick said: "Very rare. I don't think I've ever gone in with that few players, and really, you count [Matthew] Slater as one of them, but he's really ... you know how many plays he's played on offense in his career here."

Because of the shortage, the Patriots didn't rotate along the offensive line for the first time this season, and had just two active running backs. Quarterback Tom Brady said that the team was adding things to its game plan as late as two hours before kickoff, with one example a four-receiver/one-tight-end package.

Those 18 healthy players also included receiver Brandon LaFell and offensive lineman Ryan Wendell, who were making their debuts and not in condition to play a full game.

"We were pretty thin all the way across," acknowledged Belichick. "Guys all stepped up and did a really good job. We had a lot of ironmen out there."

The Brady 6

Since this seems to be a reminiscent thread, I am sure everyone on this forum has seen this video, but it wasn't included with this thread. This is just me dropping in my two cents and adding a little value! :wave:

Excellent watch for any NFL fan (and this includes fans of the Jets, Dolphins and Bills too!!)

It's really great to see some old videos of Tom, especially when he was 6!

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xHJMfF-3FD0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:patriotlogo:

Sally Jenkins of the Washington Post celebrates Brady's formative years that explain why he's so competitive. This is the most detailed article I've read about Brady's life as a kid. It's long but well worth reading.

DeflateGate got Tom Brady mad, and the rest of the NFL is paying the price

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...1e5-9afb-0c971f713d0c_story.html?tid=pm_pop_b

At the age of 38, Brady is destroying the National Football League with the best form of his life, undefeated at 7-0 with 20 touchdowns to just one interception entering Sunday’s game against the Washington Redskins. Each throw seems to have a vengeful velocity that says, “Am I cheating now?” This is the real outcome of DeflateGate: A guy who had nothing left to gain now has everything to prove.
“They did us a favor,”

========
Brady would fire a ball that was a clear nine. “I give it a seven,” Tom Sr. would say. By the time Brady reached adolescence he was a fierce competitor who sent video game controllers sailing across the room when he lost. “He would want to keep fighting until he won,” [sister] Julie says. “He might have thrown a few golf clubs, remotes, baseball bats, gloves and balls.”

Sally Jenkins of the Washington Post celebrates Brady's formative years that explain why he's so competitive. This is the most detailed article I've read about Brady's life as a kid. It's long but well worth reading.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...1e5-9afb-0c971f713d0c_story.html?tid=pm_pop_b

Fantastic article. I find it interesting that neither Boston paper has bothered to write an article like this. I guess they're too blinded by their agendas.

I've watched the Brady Six so many times it might be a little silly.

That said, there are a lot of points made, but the one by Kurt Warner at 1:40 point provides some clarity on what it takes to be a great QB and what plenty of others lack.

Great article. Good get. Already forwarded this to about fifteen friends, more to come.

There will be many biographies in the fullness of time. May Sally's be one of them.

Cheers, BostonTim

Back