In Memoriam: Happy Birthday

BY1401

Unapologetically Moderate
Reaction score
I see that today is the birthday for two of the Planet's beloved departed, Dan Pires and Oedipus Tex.

Happy Birthday, guys, wherever you may be.

I noticed that this morning but didn't know how to broach the subject. How odd that 2 of the most legendary Planeteers that left the world far too early share a birthday.

May they both be in a happy, restful place.

Happy Birthday to both and may their families and friends rejoice more than feel remorse today.

Happy Birthday to them both. I did not know OED, I joined shortly after the sad news.

Dan Pires was always a standup guy :)

Wow. I just read Tex's post on the Tsunami. Just WOW.

I never met either gentleman, but wish them well nonetheless. Happy Birthday, guys.

We were incredibly lucky to have Oed and Dan as members of the Planet. Guys, you will always be missed. I hope you are sharing a few laughs together on your birthday.

Though I too didn't get to experience the greatness of Oedipus Tex (other than in the Classics forum) and unfortunately didn't know Dan too well, Happy Birthday to both of them.

I see that today is the birthday for two of the Planet's beloved departed, Dan Pires and Oedipus Tex.

Happy Birthday, guys, wherever you may be.
there may never be two more disparate Planeteers sharing a common (M/D)Birthdate along with being as individually influential on the membership here as possible in 1000 (+/-) short postings each :archive:

yet today, on their birthdate, both are no longer with us --- taken from us by two even more disparate endings of their lives unable to interact and share themselves any longer here on these pages :(

for those of you who didn't "know" Dan and Oed I would offer this critique.......

if both guys by chance met a pair of 18+ old sisters in the parking lot of Gillette Stadium on a gameday:

Dan would invite them to join him in the Press Box to see him work the game on his laptop :thumb:

Oed would invite them to forget teh game and join him in a Rte.1 Motel to see him work his lap :D

two souls who were with us for lo, too short a time yet who will be remembered by so many well into the future

Happy Trails, Tex & Peace, Dan

Happy_Birthday_by_julieannejones.jpg

We%20Miss%20You.jpg

Of course, people want to live long. But in the end, what matters more is what we have been able to leave behind, the value we have created in our lives, the number of people we have made happy and how much we have been able to grow and expand as a person.

Back