Indianapolis Colts Empire Thread

Andrew Luck has played 2 games without Reggie Wayne. His Total QBR is 73.6 this year w/ Wayne on the field...28.7 without.

This is precisely why I love Jim Irsay.

He cracks me up. I know a lot of people think he's a crackpot, but it seems all in good, harmless fun to me. It's nice to see the owner of an NFL team that doesn't have a stick firmly planted up his ass like so many of them do.

He cracks me up. I know a lot of people think he's a crackpot, but it seems all in good, harmless fun to me. It's nice to see the owner of an NFL team that doesn't have a stick firmly planted up his ass like so many of them do.

I feel an owner should stay out of the day to day operations of the team and leave that to the coaches, fun stuff is fine, calling out a part of the team and undermining the coaches? Don't like it. I would not want Kraft making tweets all over the place about players or players the team might bring in and things like that.

Andrew Luck has played 2 games without Reggie Wayne. His Total QBR is 73.6 this year w/ Wayne on the field...28.7 without.

Looks to me like Luck just might be past his prime....I mean after all losing receivers has no affect on QB's play.

Jim Irsay is the Vince McMahon of the NFL. Both took over a mildly successful enterprise, and by being a shrewd businessman, putting the right people in the right positions, and a little bit of showmanship, turned that business into a billion dollar enterprise.

Not everyone likes what he does, but you can't deny how successful he's been.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jim Irsay is the Vince McMahon of the NFL. Both took over a mildly successful enterprise, and by being a shrewd businessman, putting the right people in the right positions, and a little bit of showmanship, turned that business into a billion dollar enterprise.

Posted via Mobile Device

You do not have to do all of that circus stuff to be successful.....AKA....Robert Kraft.

You do not have to do all of that circus stuff to be successful.....AKA....Robert Kraft.

You work with the tools you bring to the table. Irsay's toolset does not contain the same implements as BK's.

Plus, I'm sure Irsay has no wish to be anyone but himself.

Posted via Mobile Device

Don't forget "blackmailing the city to build him a new stadium at the taxpayers expense or else I'm moving my team to LA" thing too.

Don't forget "blackmailing the city to build him a new stadium at the taxpayers expense or else I'm moving my team to LA" thing too.

That's not unique to Irsay, though. Nearly every NFL team has done something like that at one point in time or the other. Not many privately finance like Kraft did.

I know but working in Indy I'm reminded of that extra tax often and I always thank Irsay for it too in my own special way. I still think he's a jerk who was lucky to be born into his situation. He doesn't have the wear-with-all to build something like this on his own. Just a lucky clown.

You work with the tools you bring to the table. Irsay's toolset does not contain the same implements as BK's.

Plus, I'm sure Irsay has no wish to be anyone but himself.

Nor should he. One thing I've learned is that the quickest and surest way to fail is to try and be someone else. Jim is Jim. Even if that causes some Patriot fans intense butt hurt.

:shrug:

That's not unique to Irsay, though. Nearly every NFL team has done something like that at one point in time or the other. Not many privately finance like Kraft did.

Not to mention the attached convention center (which was part of the deal.) is huge for the Indianapolis economy.

Nor should he. One thing I've learned is that the quickest and surest way to fail is to try and be someone else. Jim is Jim. Even if that causes some Patriot fans intense butt hurt.

:shrug:

How is it butt hurt if we think he is a clown? It does not bother me that he is a clown or make me mad or anything. I am just glad we do not have that kind of owner, that's not butt hurt, that's relief.

How is it butt hurt if we think he is a clown? It does not bother me that he is a clown or make me mad or anything. I am just glad we do not have that kind of owner, that's not butt hurt, that's relief.

It's honestly hilarious to me how anytime Irsay does, well anything, a group of Pats fans feel the need to trip over themselves to be the first to point out: "That's not how Bob Kraft does things."

As if there was only one way to be a successful owner of a business.

It's honestly hilarious to me how anytime Irsay does, well anything, a group of Pats fans feel the need to trip over themselves to be the first to point out: "That's not how Bob Kraft does things."

As if there was only one way to be a successful owner of a business.

I am pretty sure I said, I like Kraft's way better, that is about it. I do not like having an owner say stupid crap in twitter that gets talked about for weeks and the media runs with. Frankly I would rather they just talk about others. I like things to be secret, I do not like the owner bashing the team or the coach, or saying what player he is going to go after.

I actually met him on Saturday night in Indy. Met him outside St. Elmo's and he was great. The waiter I had at dinner has been there for 26 years(!) and he said its universal that everyone loves Irsay.

I realize there are more than a couple of tight-asses that hate him, but aside from simply looking to be outraged...

Back