Is this Randy Moss calling into a Tenn. radio show pretending to be someone else?

cadmonkey

I have nothing useful to say....
Reaction score
Have a listen to "Woody" from Nashville and you tell me what you think.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E-CkuCYR74c?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E-CkuCYR74c?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

It sure sounds like him. I guess after having Belichick as a coach, and the food they serve for the players at Gillette, he won't settle for anything less.

:)

Sure does sound like Randy. But if it were, why wouldn't he try to disguise his voice even a little?

(Some people suffer the self-destruct personality behavior)

:suicide:

i don't think he gives a damn about hiding heis voice. he's gotta be hating life right now

Here's the explanation from Clay Travis and the written dialog. Travis now thinks it really was Moss.

Alternate headline: Randy Moss is a first-time caller, longtime listener.
Hilarity and controversy in Nashville at this hour as Fanhouse’s Clay Travis, who co-hosts the Three-Hour Lunch 104.5 radio show, reports that Randy Moss may have called in under a fake name and ripped Titans coach Jeff Fisher on the air.
Travis:
We received the call — I co-host a show on 104.5 The Zone with former Titan Blaine Bishop and Brent Dougherty — sometime after 2 p.m. Central time. The caller identified himself as “Woody.” We hadn’t been talking much about the Tennessee Titans or Fisher on that day, but “Woody” wanted to discuss Fisher’s future with the Titans. It was only after “Woody,” whose comments were terse and pointed, hung up that another caller noted how much “Woody” sounds like Moss.
On-air, I ripped the second caller for his opinion. Thinking it would make the second caller look ridiculous, we went back over the previous call and replayed it. Much to our amazement, the similarity between Moss’ voice and Woody’s was eerie. You can listen for yourself. (The second part of the clip is a mix featuring Moss’ actual voice).
Audio here.
If you didn’t click the link, here’s “Woody’s” take from the 3 Hour Lunch on Nashville’s 104.5:
Woody: “If Jeff Fisher was the coach of Tennessee (Vols) would they love him, with his record?”
“No,” I said, “he would be fired.”
Woody: “What about when he fired Norm Chow by telephone, everybody dogged Vince, how come they didn’t dog him (Fisher)?”
I’d forgotten Fisher fired Norm Chow by telephone two years ago, but the caller hadn’t. Pointing out the way that Fisher fired Chow would be a roundabout way of criticizing Fisher for his treatment of Vince Young. In particular Fisher said he preferred “man-to-man” conversations after Young texted him an apology.
Asked why he so upset, Woody replied, “I’m happy, I don’t like Fisher.”
When I said, “It could be the last game of (Fisher’s) coaching career (at home with the Titans) on Sunday,” Woody replied,
“Hope so,” and hung up.
While the voices are similar, it’s impossible to tell for sure with the naked ear. Anyone out there with voice recognition software? Also, in my experience, sports talk radio callers rarely just hang up like that when the host is agreeing with them. Most fans want to hang onto their little moment on the air as long as possible. Woody sounds more like someone who isn’t all that impressed by being on talk radio. Like, a professional athlete, perhaps?
http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/20...-call-in-to-a-radio-show-and-rip-jeff-fisher/

His big money contract wishes are pretty much finito. They were back in the first game this year actually. Hope he invested well.

I can't listen to the audio ATM, but let's not jump to conclusions here. Surely, there are Titans fans in the great state of Tennessee who:

1. Are named Woody
2. Have southern accents
3. Are smart enough to realize that Jeff Fisher isn't all he's cracked up to be as an HC and deserves to be ripped on...

Umm...on second thought, scratch #3. :coffee:

Something must of gone down between fisher and moss, because there is no way a coach would not play Moss on the last drive of the game when you need a touchdown to win.

I can hear the resemblance but voices are different on the phone and it sounds like a deeper tone. Besides, I'm sure Randy, at this point, knows that he's flushed his career down the toilet again---I'm not sure why he'd take the liberty and call a radio show under a fake name when he could just come out as himself and watch "nothing"--in reference to his career especially, happen to him.

You gotta feel SOME sympathy for Jeff to have to deal with Moss AND Vince Young.

While I am not a CIA trained voice expert, I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night.

That is not Randy Moss.

<<
Hope he invested well.
>>

He must have spent quite a bit on his racing team.

I was tempted to call into a Nashville station and request Frank Sintra's "My Way" as a dedication to Randy.

*Regrets.... I've had a few*

Sounds nothing like him to me

Sounds vaguely like him, but anyone with a deep voice and a southern accent can sound like that, me thinks.
Posted via Mobile Device

3 people with the same avatar in this thread. oy.

and i really doubt that's randy.

Back