Jerrah - WTF?

patfan64

Generally Aware
Reaction score
I have no idea what this even means. Has kind of a Jim Irsay type ring to it.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...ut-mosquitoes-to-describe-plan-for-tony-romo/

The immediate future for Tony Romo is now clear: he will not go on the short-term injured reserve list. Jerry Jones, appearing on his weekly spot with CBS Sports Radio affiliate 105.3 the Fan in Dallas, said the Cowboys will keep Romo active in 2016.
Less than a week ago, the Cowboys were absolutely mulling the option.
This is no different than 2015, when the Cowboys declined to use the short-term IR designation (in which Romo could return after eight weeks) on their starting quarterback.
Except this time around, Jones had a beautiful Jerrah-ism to describe the situation.
Follow
Clarence Hill ✔ @clarencehilljr
Jerry Jones on keeping Romo on 53: There is no use "circumsizing the mosquito" on this. There is no one good enough to take the last spot
9:57 AM - 6 Sep 2016 · Fort Worth, TX, United States
141 141 Retweets 101 101 likes
This is an odd saying, for sure. Basically the point is the mosquito has such small genitalia it's not worth the effort to cut it off. (This ignores the basic life benefit of not having to deal with extra mosquitos by neutering one, but I digress.)
In football terms, what Jones and the Cowboys want is flexibility on when to bring Romo back. If he heals faster than they expect, they're not restricted by a particular timeline -- putting Romo on short-term IR would mean he's out and not eligible to play until Nov. 6.
They can activate Romo whenever they want by keeping him off injured reserve.
The bigger problem for the Cowboys is they need help on defense. There's not a single player out there who can provide more of a benefit to the Cowboys than Romo over the next few months?
The Cowboys walked this tightrope last year and it nearly paid off. Romo returned before Thanksgiving, helped beat the Dolphins and then promptly broke his collar bone again against the Panthers on Thanksgiving Day.
For Dallas, the window of a Super Bowl is short enough to warrant gambling that the team can keep things afloat until Romo is capable of coming back. Assuming Dak Prescott hasn't stolen his job by then anyway.

With his injury history, I'm not convinced Romo will ever play another meaningful game for the Cowboys. If Prescott plays great and the Cowboys are 7-1 (not likely) when Romo is ready, does the HC start Romo over Prescott? Well, yes he does, because of Jerrah. At 33 and with brittle bones Romo is all but done to anyone of sound mind. If Prescott plays lousy and the Cowboys are out of the race by the time Romo can play does the HC put him in? Yes again because Jerrah insists he plays, "circumcising the mosquito". Jerrah is fast becoming al davis.

Romo needs to drink more milk

And take vitamin D3, calcitonin. I'd bet anything a bone density scan would show his bones are more brittle than most men his age.

And take vitamin D3, calcitonin. I'd bet anything a bone density scan would show his bones are more brittle than most men his age.

sunlight to hydroxylate his 1-25 dihydroxyvitamin D

(I used to drive some bone densitometers back in the day)

If I'm a Cowboy fan, I hate this guy. He has ruined the Cowboys almost all by himself. Considering where they were when he bought the team, hired good football people to turn it around, and now they're back to where he began. Full circle really. Bizarre situation

Never thought I'd ever see the day where Patriots fans would outnumber Cowboys fans in their own stadium.

With his injury history, I'm not convinced Romo will ever play another meaningful game for the Cowboys. If Prescott plays great and the Cowboys are 7-1 (not likely) when Romo is ready, does the HC start Romo over Prescott? Well, yes he does, because of Jerrah. At 33 and with brittle bones Romo is all but done to anyone of sound mind. If Prescott plays lousy and the Cowboys are out of the race by the time Romo can play does the HC put him in? Yes again because Jerrah insists he plays, "circumcising the mosquito". Jerrah is fast becoming al davis.

I think we all can agree that the only way the Cowboys start 7-1 is if the make Marc Sanchez the starter. :coffee:

Can we get back on topic? I'm all for circumsizing mosquitoes, caught one of those ****ers last night trying to suck me in the middle of night.

I'm wheeling my wheelchair as fast as it goes if I'm Romo. No hand signals to switch lanes. Get as far away from Jerruh as you can. I always thought Romo was more than good enough to build around and win. It just goes to show that talent and players can only do so much when you have crazy people running the show.

Does anyone else have that dream where Jerruh and Irsay are gambling in a back room somewhere on which of their QBS can withstand more punishment? Not sure who has it worse? Luck behind that line and having to listen to Chuck? Or Romo for breaking up fights between Dez and his mother and having to pretend Jason Garrett has a clue?

If I'm a Cowboy fan, I hate this guy. He has ruined the Cowboys almost all by himself. Considering where they were when he bought the team, hired good football people to turn it around, and now they're back to where he began. Full circle really. Bizarre situation

Never thought I'd ever see the day where Patriots fans would outnumber Cowboys fans in their own stadium.

I can tell you for a fact that Cowboys fans do not hate the guy. He bought the team and turned a 1-15 joke into a dynasty. Is this how people will view Kraft in 20 years if the Patriots fall back to mediocrity? I hope not. If not for Jones, that team would have gone nowhere.

I can tell you for a fact that Cowboys fans do not hate the guy. He bought the team and turned a 1-15 joke into a dynasty. Is this how people will view Kraft in 20 years if the Patriots fall back to mediocrity? I hope not. If not for Jones, that team would have gone nowhere.

Kraft and Jones are 2 different animals

Jones had the good football people in place, then his ego got in the way

Kraft started out as a fan, meddled in Parcells business (he didn't hire Parcells) then learned from that mistake and let the football people do work

Back