Jets Offense is really scary!...

Another sign the NY media is backing off the Jets hype a bit. This made me chuckle in an evil manner. Mehta is a real Jets homer reporter, btw.

You'd think he's been living underground for the past 2 weeks to just now be thinking this. Unless he's thought it all along and only just now is saying it.

That was something I meant to bring up for Mayhem in the other thread. Considering how adament he is that defenses have the advantage this early, what does that say about NE's first team offense putting up 21 points in their first 15 minutes of action?

That was something I meant to bring up for Mayhem in the other thread. Considering how adament he is that defenses have the advantage this early, what does that say about NE's first team offense putting up 21 points in their first 15 minutes of action?

Are you sure about this? I thought I heard that BB played the starters the entire game, so they could run up the score.

:stirpot:

Another sign the NY media is backing off the Jets hype a bit. This made me chuckle in an evil manner. Mehta is a real Jets homer reporter, btw.

You'd think he's been living underground for the past 2 weeks to just now be thinking this. Unless he's thought it all along and only just now is saying it.

Well he doubtlessly saved comment after the demolition in Jacksonville and was ready to run (gleefully, he imagined) with this headline after week 2:

"Pats brought back to earth Thursday night after playing a real team"

but alas, He then had to spend a day or two regaining a toehold on reality.

Cheers, BostonTim

I wouldn't bother conversing with mayhem.

Psych 101 - "You can't be rational with an irrational being."

Or, while you're at it, the 47- burger that our 2nd and 3rd offense put up in the very first pre-season game against, in part, the Jags starters???

Cheers, BostonTim

Jests homer article about the greatness of ROT Wayne Hunter.
Speaking of Jets homers, I caught the end of the Jets/Bengals preseason game and dear lord are their announcers over the top with Jets love. They had some guy interviewing Cromartie on the sidelines and he said something to the effect of "So you get to see the most high powered offense in the league every day, what's that like?" I started laughing for a minute, then I realized he was dead serious and my humor quickly turned to fear. I wasn't aware of how strong the delusion was in Jets land.

Speaking of Jets homers, I caught the end of the Jets/Bengals preseason game and dear lord are their announcers over the top with Jets love. They had some guy interviewing Cromartie on the sidelines and he said something to the effect of "So you get to see the most high powered offense in the league every day, what's that like?" I started laughing for a minute, then I realized he was dead serious and my humor quickly turned to fear. I wasn't aware of how strong the delusion was in Jets land.

Now you know the need for this thread. :thumb:

Now you know the need for this thread. :thumb:
I mean, I accept that the Jets are a good team and will be a pain in the balls to play against, but it's not because of their offense. It's Mark Sanchez's job to not drag his feet while the defense and running game carries him. Which is fine, plenty of teams have won superbowls with that formula, but that's not explosive.

I mean, I accept that the Jets are a good team and will be a pain in the balls to play against, but it's not because of their offense. It's Mark Sanchez's job to not drag his feet while the defense and running game carries him. Which is fine, plenty of teams have won superbowls with that formula, but that's not explosive.

:Lwelcome:

There are only two things about the Jets offense tha is explosive:

1. The vomiting caused by listening to Jets homers talk about it, and...
2. When they inevitably shit the bed to end the season

JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas

Have Sanchez 8-for-9 with TD today in 11-on-11s. Some Wildcat snaps mixed into team drills.

JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas

Have Sanchez 8-for-9 with TD today in 11-on-11s. Some Wildcat snaps mixed into team drills.

I see on a few Jets boards, a lot of JEts fans seem to have this idea that they will be abandoning the wildcat, and let Mark actually sling the ball more while making his on decisions (after all, it's his third year)... Many of them hate the wildcat because it often gets used on drives that are chugging right along and it ruins the momentum.

Me? I'm glad to see they'll still have the same old OC calling the same old plays and using the same old wildcat ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta

Rex on Belichick: "But when it’s about us & it’s about our football team vs his football team, that’s where I have even more confidence.”

Rex on Belichick: "But when it’s about us & it’s about our football team vs his football team, that’s where I have even more confidence.”

He beat a team twice that went 14-1 otherwise (and his brother was instrumental in the other one) so its hard to see him not being confident.

I think we'll see a shift with NE's changes this year, though.

I keep having this sneaking suspicion that Rex has had about all the success he's gonna get, and we're gonna get to watch his fall in slow-mo like that chick at the beginning of Cliffhanger... Not sure why, just a feeling...

They had some guy interviewing Cromartie on the sidelines and he said something to the effect of "So you get to see the most high powered offense in the league every day, what's that like?"
:facepalm:
ROFL
:dbanana:
:party:
:spaghetti:
WAITWUT???
Didn't they put up like 3 points as a starting unit in their first outing??????? Aren't they one of the WORST offenses in the league in the RZ???????
keeerist on a cracker, this is the biggest laugh I've had in weeks. TYVM.
That's like me saying MAN, I can't WAIT to watch the Pats 2007-2010 defense on 3rd down!!!!eleventyones!!!!

I know a lot of time the idea of bulletin board material gets blown out of proportion, but if this douche waffle stirs up some kick-ass juice in me, I have to believe his comments have to stir up something deep for the Patriots, especially those on the team the last couple of years. I always loved playing the Colts because they were a good team and a good test every year. The Jets, evidently are a good team, but I have ZERO respect for them. Bring it on.

I see on a few Jets boards, a lot of JEts fans seem to have this idea that they will be abandoning the wildcat, and let Mark actually sling the ball more while making his on decisions (after all, it's his third year)... Many of them hate the wildcat because it often gets used on drives that are chugging right along and it ruins the momentum.

Me? I'm glad to see they'll still have the same old OC calling the same old plays and using the same old wildcat ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Brad smith was the key to the Jets wildcat...they can do some slight variation if LT throws (which he has at times ) I am not a fan at all of the Jets OC....he is way to predictable and conservative

I keep having this sneaking suspicion that Rex has had about all the success he's gonna get, and we're gonna get to watch his fall in slow-mo like that chick at the beginning of Cliffhanger... Not sure why, just a feeling...

Why would you think that? (Serious question) All Rex has done since he's been here is improve his team.

Back