Josh Gordon to IR?

They're saying he'll be waived. He apparently will work his way back to fitness and will sign with a new team.

He could end up anywhere. Maybe the Bills, Ravens, Cowboys?

He is not going to IR...he is going off the team. He is going to be waived. This isnt an injury thing. They said he was only about a week from being full go.
He's on IR Afaik, and Pats won't likely release him from IR until the is subject to waivers (vice FA) to more or less insure he will go to a non-playoff contender.

Edit: Hmmm. My thoughts are opposite Bid's, and I have this feeling he is right. SOmeday I'll learn to read the entire thread before replying. Maybe.

He's on IR Afaik, and Pats won't likely release him from IR until the is subject to waivers (vice FA) to more or less insure he will go to a non-playoff contender.

Edit: Hmmm. My thoughts are opposite Bid's, and I have this feeling he is right. SOmeday I'll learn to read the entire thread before replying. Maybe.

Ok folks I get he is on IR, the point is, he will be released when he is recovered, which from the sounds of it is not far off. I heard he was running all over the place, he does not have a season ending injury, the pats are moving on. I think if he is waived there is no way he makes it through waivers. I mean we have no cap, they have to sign sanu.

Adam Schefter

@QuotesKms
·
1h
Josh Gordon was seen cleaning out his locker just a few moments ago. When asked if he was going to continue to play football, his response was “obviously”. He has supposedly already engaged with multiple teams about his future in the NFL, per sources.

I found some answers to my questions:

- If the Pats just cut him before next week's trade deadline, he'd go through waivers and he could be claimed by any team, possibly an AFC competitor.
- By IR'ing him and then waiving him after next week, he's a free agent. At least he can choose his next team.
- The Pats have to wait 6 weeks after waiving him before they could resign him
- Assuming he is still available, they could bring him back some time in December effectively bypassing the 2 recalls.

Yes. They’re actually doing him a favor because he’ll get an injury settlement AND become a FA.

This all explains why they activated Harry and had him practicing before signing Sanu. That basically assured Harry was one of the two designated returnees (with the other most likely being Wynn).

With the development of Meyers they’re in decent shape (Edelman, Sanu, Dorsett, Meyers, Harry, Gunner) as long as no more injuries hit.

Shame. I was rooting like hell for him to work out, but this year he was a shadow of last year's self. Sucks, but I wish him the best... unless it's agains the Pats.

That said, looking forward to how Sanu will be incorporated and if Harry can make a difference.

I found some answers to my questions:

- If the Pats just cut him before next week's trade deadline, he'd go through waivers and he could be claimed by any team, possibly an AFC competitor.
- By IR'ing him and then waiving him after next week, he's a free agent. At least he can choose his next team.
- The Pats have to wait 6 weeks after waiving him before they could resign him
- Assuming he is still available, they could bring him back some time in December effectively bypassing the 2 recalls.

Until he lands with another club I hope for the last option.

I like him. I want him to get a good life experience right here.

Ice up son!

So we picked up two players in Sanu and Bethel, but dropped three in Thomlinson, Richards, and Gordon. Who fills the open to roster spot?

Also why not trade Gordon and try to get something for him?

Also why not trade Gordon and try to get something for him?

I guess they tried, but what is the market for a player with a high risk of getting a long suspension and he has not had a significant production this year. And there is a slight injury concern.

I think the IR is just a short term decision tied in with the trade deadline. They can't wait for him to come back , since the deadline expires. Bubye we are moving on to . Can't sanooze on that move.:clap:

Thoughts from Mike Reiss

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Gordon thoughts:<br><br>1. IR - a surprise from pure football standpoint<br><br>2. His final play as a Patriot, hustling after defender on fumble recovery, reflected all-out effort; also played through pain (finger)<br><br>3. Post-game interviews: Insightful, articulate, some of best on beat</p>— Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1187193883199000576?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 24, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">6. When a transaction doesn't seem to add up, I often go back to core principles of BB program - do your job, put the team first, be attentive, work hard - and ask where there could be a possible blind spot. <br><br>7. Sad ending in NE for a player who quickly became a fan favorite. <a href="https://t.co/lz3qTTqYq9">https://t.co/lz3qTTqYq9</a></p>— Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1187199045506424832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 24, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The only thing I’ll add is they MUST be super confident in both Sanu’s grasp of this offense and the likelihood of Harry contributing because with this historic D and excellent STs (that just got significantly better) we aren’t overstocked at the WR position and Gordon when healthy was productive.

Harry would be my best bet since he's now at practice

Harry is eligible to play 11/3 vs the Ravens.

Gordon has been a decent option this year but not what I thought he'd be.

BB has complete info on Gordon. Speculating here but I can't help but wonder if Gordon had a little relapse which the league knows about and informed the Pats. Or, more likely, it could be a combination of his chronic injuries, souring attitude and $ - BB grew tired of it all and decided to move away from JG. On the field, Brady was looking in his direction less and less with each passing game.

It appears that BB traded for Sanu to make Gordon expendable. Hard to say without complete info. We should know soon enough.

Either way, the Pats are in good shape at WR going forward provided no more injuries. Meyers filled in well for Gordon and seems to have gained entry to Brady's circle of trust. Edelman gets the tough yards, Dorsett gets splash plays; all 3 move the chains dependably. Harry can play next week vs the Ravens. Sanu should be up to speed in 2-3 weeks. Both are capable of playing inside and outside even though they are best as slot guys alongside Edelman in the Amendola role. Gunner can fill in where/when necessary. My only concern is that Dorsett is our only speed guy but Gordon didn't help there anyway and we've gone full seasons without even 1 speed guy.

Keep in mind the trade deadline isn't til Tuesday, 4PM. The Pats restructured Shaq Mason's deal in the last few days and with Gordon soon to be released will have even more cap space to work with - a blocking TE possibly? Or maybe a ROT (Hala Vaitai's name has been mentioned) or a C...I don't think BB's done yet.

TE Tomlinson was not released since the Pats decided on JG instead.

Harry is eligible to play 11/3 vs the Ravens.

Gordon has been a decent option this year but not what I thought he'd be.

BB has complete info on Gordon. Speculating here but I can't help but wonder if Gordon had a little relapse which the league knows about and informed the Pats. Or, more likely, it could be a combination of his chronic injuries, souring attitude and $ - BB grew tired of it all and decided to move away from JG. On the field, Brady was looking in his direction less and less with each passing game.

It appears that BB traded for Sanu to make Gordon expendable. Hard to say without complete info. We should know soon enough.

Either way, the Pats are in good shape at WR going forward provided no more injuries. Meyers filled in well for Gordon and seems to have gained entry to Brady's circle of trust. Edelman gets the tough yards, Dorsett gets splash plays; all 3 move the chains dependably. Harry can play next week vs the Ravens. Sanu should be up to speed in 2-3 weeks. Both are capable of playing inside and outside even though they are best as slot guys alongside Edelman in the Amendola role. Gunner can fill in where/when necessary. My only concern is that Dorsett is our only speed guy but Gordon didn't help there anyway and we've gone full seasons without even 1 speed guy.

Keep in mind the trade deadline isn't til Tuesday, 4PM. The Pats restructured Shaq Mason's deal in the last few days and with Gordon soon to be released will have even more cap space to work with - a blocking TE possibly? Or maybe a ROT (Hala Vaitai's name has been mentioned) or a C...I don't think BB's done yet.

TE Tomlinson was not released since the Pats decided on JG instead.

No such thing as a little relapse. If Gordon truly was trying to get clean and change his life then any deviation would be bad. I'm guessing Goodell would come down hard on him if this were the case. And his football future would be in serious jeopardy.

I sincerely hope this isn't the case. Seeing way too many guys fall off the wagon lately.

I guess we'll just take your word for it.

:shrug:

Guy runs 22 mph on a treadmill yesterday and gets put on IR for the sake of releasing him. Part of me hopes he ends up on KC or Baltimore and torches Belichick in the playoffs. Such a stupid decision by Belichick when the receiving corps is thin (not to mention Edelman is banged up). If Gordon had a relapse (zero evidence of that) that it makes BB look even worse.

From what we saw against the Jets Meyers is developing into a solid option to fill a large part of what Gordon was doing. From what little we got to see of him in the preseason and looking at film from his college days, Harry has the potential to be another solid athletic tall WR. Gronk at 6'6" has 34 inch arms Harry at 6'2" has 33 inch arms. He has shown a good catch radius and the willingness to go after the difficult catch. Meyers has also shown some of that.

Back