Jules is released, expected to retire

Edelperson cut. REALLY sucks his Pats career ended in this fashion. Nothing but love for everything he gave the franchise!

Patriots cut Edelman with failed physical designation

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Probably my favorite Patriots player ever at this point. Definitely my favorite WR. Such a sad way to go, but he will be a legend forever. Hopefully with this he's able to retire in one piece, which is good considering how fearless and how crazy he was putting his body on the line.

We'll miss you, Jules.
He is easily top three in my book...clutch af, selfless teammate, willing to do the dirty work. He's one bad mofo!

Probably not, but I would argue differently. He was dominant at his position (slot), which in the modern game is key, but the voters always live about 25 years in the past.
His playoff stats are at or near the top for the position, so, technically, he might get a sniff, but in the end he'll still be minitron (no capital) to the voters.

I feel bad, but I knew it was coming. I was just hoping for the best earlier in this thread, but......no triumphant final act for Jules.

I don't think it'll take long for the broadcast/media industry to make him an offer. Jules is excellent on camera, but I hope he takes a year off to do whatever he wants and let's that percolate for a while. Too soon, maybe.

My son did his weekend football camp one year. Ordinarily, the player sponsoring the camp speaks before the kids and you never see him again until the end (unless you upgrade to a VIP experience). Julian was around the whole time and threw at least one pass to every kid, and even tried to recreate the Amendola TD play with a few of the older kids. My son's team won the "Super Bowl" in his age group and got plenty of JE11 time. Really cool experience and I know a kid who's just a tad bummed out today.

Attachments

• Edleman.jpg
    Edleman.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 10
My son did his weekend football camp one year. Ordinarily, the player sponsoring the camp speaks before the kids and you never see him again until the end (unless you upgrade to a VIP experience). Julian was around the whole time and threw at least one pass to every kid, and even tried to recreate the Amendola TD play with a few of the older kids. My son's team won the "Super Bowl" in his age group and got plenty of JE11 time. Really cool experience and I know a kid who's just a tad bummed out today.
Kinda looks like the Home Alone kid... :coffee:

Edelman is Belichick, McDaniels, Brady, Welker, etc. But mostly, he's simply one of the greatest athletes ever. And he was ours.

That plus a couple more.
Just read it. If nothing else, I loooooove me a good HOF-worthy debate.

To me, Joe Namath is the singularly least-deserving player enshrined any any pro sports HOF. I'll save a deep debate over the point I am about to make for another day (in honor of celebrating this great player on the day of his retirement announcement) but I think his candidacy us ultimately decided on the reason why he only played in 12 games in 2018.

If Rodney gets in, despite his transgression, I'd be willing to say this debate's back on the table.

I know (I'm pretty sure) Bill Russell said getting in the Celtics Hall of Fame was much more important to him than getting into the Basketball Hall of Fame. Because he was a Celtic. And that's one of the greatest players ever, with 11 NBA Championships as a player (2 as head coach of the C's).

Back