Kubiak stepping down from Bronco's HC position

Again per Schefter:

‪'Those around Colts owner Jim Irsay say he has been “very unhappy” with team’s performance for weeks now; coaches there fear change coming.‬'
LOL. What a pathetic franchise.

Smart move by Kubiak. Still, I do feel bad for him. Overall, I think it is a good thing for the Donks as his offensive system was awful. Elway should look at an offensive minded OC for HC but I doubt he looks at Josh again but who knows.

Wade Phillips contract also expires at season's end. The Donks may be doing a complete overhaul like they did two years ago when they got rid of Fox and company.

Wade Phillips contract also expires at season's end. The Donks may be doing a complete overhaul like they did two years ago when they got rid of Fox and company.

Wade could get the HC job maybe?

Hmmm...

That Denver squad doesn't seem to have the personalities to handle a rebuild well.

We'll see.

Wade could get the HC job maybe?

A possibility but he is not a very good HC and he has that defense dialed in. I would leave him at DC assuming he does not have other teams pursuing him as a HC and get an offensive minded HC. I think it may be likely Denver loses Wade though as there will be a lot of open HC positions it seems and he is one of the few coordinators out there with HC experience.

I hate when this stuff comes out during a season. it smacks of someone (mgmt, person themselves, etc) having an agenda.

Does anyone know for sure what health issues Kubiak is suffering from?

In his presser, Kubiak referred to the fact he simply couldn't do what he had been doing anymore, and his assistants carried him. I'm guessing his stamina is an issue due to his health problems.
Related: Louis Riddick was saying someplace he was (can't recall team) the hc used to mandate a workout period for their coaches to make sure they made time for it. he said he's close to bowles, and bowles needs to take care of himself better.

I have been wondering this too.

He had Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) -- often referred to as a "mini-stroke" when he was the Texans coach...complex migraines, etc.

I'd imagine that head coaching is a high stress job. Media, pressure to win from owners and fans...

I hate when this stuff comes out during a season. it smacks of someone (mgmt, person themselves, etc) having an agenda.

This is all Elway. Kubiak indicated that Elway was going to make sweeping changes that he did not agree with. I think maybe Elway told him to retire or else he would fire him. It also seems Wade is not coming back either which is even more surprising.

Really bummed that Kubiak is gone. But, the offense has been, well shitty at best the last couple seasons, so... Sounds like Kyle Shannahan is the front runner right now. If there was a throw-up simile, I would insert. I'm not a big Shanny fan, certainly don't figure I'll be too happy with young Shanny. But, I guess we will see.

Really bummed that Kubiak is gone. But, the offense has been, well shitty at best the last couple seasons, so... Sounds like Kyle Shannahan is the front runner right now. If there was a throw-up simile, I would insert. I'm not a big Shanny fan, certainly don't figure I'll be too happy with young Shanny. But, I guess we will see.

:Eason:

Everything I read said Vance Joseph from Miami is in the lead to get the job especially now that Miami lost.

just type :Eason: and watch the magic happen.

Where you been?

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Everything I read said Vance Joseph from Miami is in the lead to get the job especially now that Miami lost.

yeah, I can see that, especially after that stellar performance Miami's D put on against the Steelers.

just type :Eason: and watch the magic happen.

I guess I should have looked for more options. LOL

Where you been?
---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

yeah, I can see that, especially after that stellar performance Miami's D put on against the Steelers.

Busy with work.Been on the road the last couple weeks and with the weather, things have been crazy.

Back