Let Me Be The First to Say It.

OK, then. We'll put you in column B.

I'm glad to see the new forum and think it will be a great addition to the Planet for those of us that just really want to talk about football.

I happen to think there are a lot of us that agree.

Therein lied (lay?) the problem. I haven't been a fan of the "one board" system for a while now, and in the past I've suggested something more along these lines (a little more separation, but not to the ridiculous point of PatsFans). And I think most of us, yourself included Hawg, can be in a mood to talk football (as I am at the moment) or in a mood to talk about bewbies and food and whatnot (as I probably will be in half an hour, LOL). So those in the mood for one thing can now find it without having to read through threads about the other. I think it's a good move.

2 words for you - Lagarrette Blount!

Discuss.

The Titans traded LenDale to make room for Blount, and Staford Johnson.

Well I don't know a lot about Blount yet so I will have to wait til I see him on the field. Scout.com has Blount rated as the 8th best RB in the draft, with 4 out of 5 stars, pretty good for an undrafted free agent.

I'm sure I will call him Lagarette Blunt. ROFL

Sorry if I disappointed you, PP. :p

The Titans traded LenDale to make room for Blount, and Staford Johnson.

Well I don't know a lot about Blount yet so I will have to wait til I see him on the field. Scout.com has Blount rated as the 8th best RB in the draft, with 4 out of 5 stars, pretty good for an undrafted free agent.

I'm sure I will call him Lagarette Blunt. ROFL

Sorry if I disappointed you, PP. :p

I had him as a 5th rounder for the Patriots in my final horror mock. Now I hope he is a bust.:LOL:

Just don't let him be teased, he goes mental when someone talks smack back at him. I still remember that boise game where he basically lost his marbles and had to be carried off the field by a state trooper or whatever.

DUDE! Good to see you here. If this is not enough of a reason to like this I do not know what will be!

Thanks to the mods!

Football has returned to The Planet!

I was against this when I read about it earlier, but I like it. The Tailgate is still there and all the more hardcore football postings are here and easier to find. :toast:

Exactly, that's the idea. You still have the tailgate where people can make rambling posts about whatever. This forum is for the hardcore football posts. Different people have different likes. We are trying to accommodate some of the people who want to talk football without the other stuff. But (most of) the other stuff is still available for those who liked the tailgate.

We wanted to improve things, so changes needed to be made. If these changes don't work out, we're not opposed to trying something else down the road. However, we are going to give this a fair chance to be successful. There's been a lot more positive feedback, than negative, thus far.

I know that I personally have spent more time at The Planet in the last three days than I had for the last 8 or 9 months! Thanks for making this change mods!

Let me be first to say how unsmart I am when it comes to football in compared to Hawg and my Uncle Box.

Two men who know the X's and O's of this sport, two men who have no problem explaining something and dont degrade you or make you feel stupid for not knowing but
take their time explaining

Granted I know my team and the players and their positions and numbers. I know the rules to some extent and can keep up with anyone on the topic but the knowledge these two men have is well up and beyond and we are fortunate to have them, I know I am

I can't always contribute and probably some people think I can't and have no sport knowledge to even post. But it is nice to see more football threads on a football forum
I am not sure about the format it is still new to me so am still trying to figure out what I think on it

Finding the same things that were so easily found before is going to get some getting use to for me anyway

Not sure if any of this makes sense or not.

Let me be first to say how unsmart I am when it comes to football in compared to Hawg and my Uncle Box.

Two men who know the X's and O's of this sport, two men who have no problem explaining something and dont degrade you or make you feel stupid for not knowing but
take their time explaining

Granted I know my team and the players and their positions and numbers. I know the rules to some extent and can keep up with anyone on the topic but the knowledge these two men have is well up and beyond and we are fortunate to have them, I know I am

I can't always contribute and probably some people think I can't and have no sport knowledge to even post. But it is nice to see more football threads on a football forum
I am not sure about the format it is still new to me so am still trying to figure out what I think on it

Finding the same things that were so easily found before is going to get some getting use to for me anyway

Not sure if any of this makes sense or not.

Hey, no worries, IMO. We're in the same boat. Xs and Os aren't my strong suit by far, but I know enough to contribute in my own "special" :insane: way, and that's good enough as far as I'm concerned. :D And bonus, we get to read and learn from the posters here that really know their stuff, so...WIN! WIN! :cute:

Hey, no worries, IMO. We're in the same boat. Xs and Os aren't my strong suit by far, but I know enough to contribute in my own "special" :insane: way, and that's good enough as far as I'm concerned. :D And bonus, we get to read and learn from the posters here that really know their stuff, so...WIN! WIN! :cute:

heck ya and makes me more valuable to my spouse who knows dickus about football

;)

I don't have the football knowledge that a lot of posters here have, but I love football and I have opinions. This place may have been described as for "hardcore football discusion", but I'm just taking it as a place to talk about football without the hijacking.

I'm sure that everyone will appreciate all contributions made in here. At least, I hope it will be that way and there won't be any condascension if someone isn't quite as knowledgeable as others.

Oh, and Hola! Muse. Nice to see you around again!

I don't have the football knowledge that a lot of posters here have, but I love football and I have opinions. This place may have been described as for "hardcore football discusion", but I'm just taking it as a place to talk about football without the hijacking.

I'm sure that everyone will appreciate all contributions made in here.
At least, I hope it will be that way and there won't be any condascension if someone isn't quite as knowledgeable as others.

Oh, and Hola! Muse. Nice to see you around again!

EXACTLY! That's how I see it, too. +1. And me likey!

Regardless of knowledge level, this new forum structure makes it much easier for someone like me to soak up more knowledge about a game I love very much.

Back