Lets Make a Deal - Patriots Superbowl Edition

Seuss

Reaction score
So the Patriots just won an amazing come from behind superbowl featuring a long drive in the waning minutes that featured a miracle circus catch. They also lost a superbowl featuring a long come from behind drive in the waning minutes that featured a miracle circus catch. Both had a lot of meaning outside the game itself – redemption/revenge for deflategate v. the undefeated season. If you could trade this last superbowl victory for that superbowl win against the Giants capping off a perfect season, would you?

NOPE1

I am mad at Samuels for dropping the int to seal the game

also the Edelman catch makes up for the helmet catch that never should have happened if Assante catches that ball.

I...I think I would.

19-0 at that time would have really been special.

Great thread. I have come to peace with the Giants losses. Butler's pick and Edelman's catch have taken all the sting out. I really would not change anything about the Pats. The losses have made the subsequent victories that much sweeter.

Great thread. I have come to peace with the Giants losses. Butler's pick and Edelman's catch have taken all the sting out. I really would not change anything about the Pats. The losses have made the subsequent victories that much sweeter.

This is where I am, too.
We're on to the next one.

Had the Pats been 19-0, they still would have had the "OMGWTFBBQ they CHEATED THAT YEAR11!1!1!!" thing going. I personally have for the most part ceased from debating "flat earther" types on the Pats, and don't care what "the public" thinks, but I'd hate for the players to have that hanging over their achievements. I mean,we've already seen how dopey writers are with the HOF when a guy is just an asshole, but his achievements on the field merit HOF election.

Never understood why everyone singled out Samuel for his drop when Merriweather & Harrison dropped INTs on that last drive too.

Not anymore.

Was just telling my gf about this the other day. Those Giants losses used to eat at me. Just seeing any highlight from those games was aggravating and I used to hate reliving those memories.

But now I don't even think about those losses. They still suck but they don't hurt the same way and I don't find myself cringing at the highlights. The sting is gone after what TFB and Co. did against Seattle and Atlanta.

Sure 19-0 would have been sweet as hell but I'm more than content with how things have developed over the past 3 years.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Never understood why everyone singled out Samuel for his drop when Merriweather & Harrison dropped INTs on that last drive too.

A$$ante was the INT machine, he had two INT per postseason every year but 2007, that should have been number 2 that post-season.

Merriweather had crap hands.

Rodney had decent but if ASsante crashed that helmet catch he could have broken it up.

Like Harmon could have kicked the ball in SB49.

But I can't trade a SB for a different one. 19-0 wasn't meant to be and as pointed out earlier. The cheating cheats talk would have exploded.

Watch this and then answer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1noYVFl-Cnk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I...I think I would.

19-0 at that time would have really been special.

10 years is a long time for the angst from that game to be eating at me.
Would I trade that 10 years of angst for the exhilaration of a perfect 19-0 season?

Yes. In a NY minute.

That would have been HISTORIC. All the GOAT QB & GOAT Coach arguments would have ended 10 years ago. Yes. Unequivocally, yes.

Watch this and then answer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1noYVFl-Cnk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How these asshats even agreed to make this commercial is beyond me.

That team was awful. Talk about a team playing no one to get to the big game. I was hoping that Carolina would have pulled it off in 2015 and then had Shula die of a massive coronary right after the Panthers won the Super Bowl.

Oh well. I still hope Shula dies of a massive coronary.

I am surprised some would trade away a title for a perfect season. I could care less. I want the titles. 5 SBs is as historic as one 19-0 season IMO. Heck we may even add a sixth and seventh.

I am surprised some would trade away a title for a perfect season. I could care less. I want the titles. 5 SBs is as historic as one 19-0 season IMO. Heck we may even add a sixth and seventh.

Err Mazz, I believe the question was, would you trade this recent title win for the first loss against the Giants. Pats would still have 5 SB wins in this scenario.

trading? or just swapping the last one for a title in 07 and the perfect season.

I would have loved that win, and I was down after the game but it took a couple amazing plays to pull it off and that loss was on the offense despite the dumb call of having Smurfette on PLax

Err Mazz, I believe the question was, would you trade this recent title win for the first loss against the Giants. Pats would still have 5 SB wins in this scenario.

BMooney said he would trade 51 AND 49 to win the 2007 SB. I would never do that. Titles are more important than perfect seasons.

Yes, this was the premise of my question. Kraft said this last one was the sweetest, and we understand all the reasons why, but this one is also fresh and there has been a lot of time to heal from that Giants loss. 5 superbowl wins and a perfect season would be pretty awesome, but then we'd lose the deflategate revenge satisfaction and probably be giving Roger some satisfaction/happiness of his own, which would make me ill.

Yes, this was the premise of my question. Kraft said this last one was the sweetest, and we understand all the reasons why, but this one is also fresh and there has been a lot of time to heal from that Giants loss. 5 superbowl wins and a perfect season would be pretty awesome, but then we'd lose the deflategate revenge satisfaction and probably be giving Roger some satisfaction/happiness of his own, which would make me ill.
IF you ask on February 18, 2018 if I would trade number 5 for the perfect season as we await the design for number 6, I would still hesitate to do it.

The main reason I can't trade it is because this was Tom's Revenge tour, suspended after being accused of something that simple elementary school science proves false Tom stuck the Lombardi up the arse of Goodell and the rest of the league, sideways. I don't think we get number 1 if not for Tom so I will keep this one over the perfect season because Tom deserves to figuratively flip the double bird at everyone

Dear%2BHaters%2Bkeep%2Bcrying.jpg

Back