Looking at the AFC East - 2015

Yeah.

Sad to say but I think Denver may pull out of this ok.

In enacting the failed physical they get $20 mil cap relief. And WW retiring gets another $6 mil. That should enable them to keep the Thomas's.

The only question is QB.

Is Buck Rottweiller ready?

Wes is a free agent. Him retiring doesn't affect the Broncos cap situation at all. If they dump Manning, that saves them 16.5M on this year's cap, in addition to the ~30M in cap space they already have.

Wes is a free agent. Him retiring doesn't affect the Broncos cap situation at all. If they dump Manning, that saves them 16.5M on this year's cap, in addition to the ~30M in cap space they already have.

Thanks for straightening out my numbers. That was no research, just a guess.

But yeah, they look to have a LOT more wiggle room to take care of business.

Would be kind of amusing if they dump Manning and then go deep into the playoffs.

With Josh McCown.

Peyton Manning's residual effects are astounding! His Field Generalness has obviously rubbed off on McCown! This playoff run is a great tribute to the Manning family!- The Media

Peyton Manning's residual effects are astounding! His Field Generalness has obviously rubbed off on McCown! This playoff run is a great tribute to the Manning family!- The Media

brendan_fraser_laugh.gif

Yeah.

Sad to say but I think Denver may pull out of this ok.

In enacting the failed physical they get $20 mil cap relief. And WW retiring gets another $6 mil. That should enable them to keep the Thomas's.

The only question is QB.

Is Buck Rottweiller ready?

Brock reminds me a little like Mallett.

I actually hope that he does well...

Rex blows where the wind takes him. :D

The Buffalo Bills' decision to sign controversial guard Richie Incognito last weekend was met with criticism from anti-bullying advocates in Buffalo.

i

Incognito
30072.jpg

Ryan
Complicating matters was new coach Rex Ryan's choice of words at his introductory news conference last month, when he stated he wanted to "build a bully" with the Bills.

Ryan addressed the subject in a scheduled appearance Thursday on WGR 550.

"I'm anti-bully," Ryan said. "I'm about the biggest anti-bully guy there is, especially in the locker room and in the community. When I mentioned building a bully, it's funny, because [of] the old [Philadelphia] Flyers, the Broad Street Bullies.

"We want to have a mean, physical football team on the field, but we want to be gentlemen off it. And I believe Richie will be that."
http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bil...-says-hes-the-biggest-anti-bully-guy-there-is

Peyton will go where Archie tells him to. He is the one who runs the Mannings. Houston or Tennessee would be my guesses.

No chance he's back in Denver next year. $20MM cap hit for a guy who is clearly fading fast. Denver is doing the right thing in dumping him IMHO

I don't think there's one shred of a chance Manning goes to Houston. Bill O'Brien is way too smart for that move. He's installed a system in Houston and Manning has his own system and coaches his own offense. Houston has the potential to become a contender under O'Brien at some point for the long term because unlike any of the other coaches that have branched out from under the Patriots' wing, O'Brien fits the mold of Belichick more than any of the others. He's in it for the long term and wouldn't touch Manning, whether Manning wants to be there or not.

I don't think there's one shred of a chance Manning goes to Houston. Bill O'Brien is way too smart for that move. He's installed a system in Houston and Manning has his own system and coaches his own offense. Houston has the potential to become a contender under O'Brien at some point for the long term because unlike any of the other coaches that have branched out from under the Patriots' wing, O'Brien fits the mold of Belichick more than any of the others. He's in it for the long term and wouldn't touch Manning, whether Manning wants to be there or not.

I tend to agree, but this personnel move could happen above O'Brien's pay grade.

I tend to agree, but this personnel move could happen above O'Brien's pay grade.

It's possible, but if that were the case, then O'Brien made a bad choice in going there because it would mean he's essentially a puppet, and I just think he's too smart for that. I would think that by hiring someone like O'Brien, he would have his own input into who the QB of the team should be.

O'Brien doesn't get to make that call, the Houston brass does. They need a QB to take them to the playoffs and, unfortuantely, they are a prime candidate to fall for the Manning crap.

It's possible, but if that were the case, then O'Brien made a bad choice in going there because it would mean he's essentially a puppet, and I just think he's too smart for that. I would think that by hiring someone like O'Brien, he would have his own input into who the QB of the team should be.

Something like Manning might be a Bob McNair decision, is all I'm saying. Owners tend to involve themselves in something like that.

The Redskins would be a great fit for frankenfive...

Well, Manning's not stupid. He's not going to go to a dogshit team and a horrible situation for a couple extra bucks.

If he goes somewhere, it will be somewhere he can win. Houston was 9-7 last year with virtually no QB - and I've got to imagine Manning would relish playing the Colts twice next year.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/02/chris_johnson_trashes_john_idzik_says_jets_bait_an.html

17032984-mmmain.jpg

In an interview Monday with "The Rich Eisen Show," running back Chris Johnson sounded like he's happy to be moving on from the Jets, who declined his 2015 contract option on Saturday. (William Perlman | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)

Print
By Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on February 16, 2015 at 4:05 PM, updated February 16, 2015 at 4:33 PM
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="position:relative;zoom:1;">
</td></tr><tr><td style="position:relative;zoom:1;">

</td></tr><tr><td style="position:relative;zoom:1;"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td id="social_top-reaction4-left">
</td><td id="social_top-reaction4-icon" style="zoom:1;vertical-align:middle;text-align:left;background-repeat:repeat-x;background-image:url('http://cdn3.gigya.com/gs/i/shareBar/button/buttonCenterImgUp.png')">
</td><td id="social_top-reaction4-text" style="vertical-align:middle;background-repeat:repeat-x;background-image:url('http://cdn3.gigya.com/gs/i/shareBar/button/buttonCenterImgUp.png')">Reddit
</td><td id="social_top-reaction4-right">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Just two days after the Jets declined to pick up his contract option for 2015, effectively making him a free agent, Chris Johnson sounded a lot like a guy who's eager to get the heck out of Florham Park.
"I think I went into a situation where I was told one thing, and it was another," Johnson said Monday afternoon during an appearance on "The Rich Eisen Show."
The old bait and switch, eh? More on that in a bit.

Last April, at the time Johnson signed with the Jets after six years with the Titans, he said he understood he'd have to share the load with Chris Ivory and Bilal Powell, as was the plan. But Johnson's opportunities more or less fell off a cliff early in the season, an outcome he blamed on interference from general manager John Idzik, who was fired along with head coach Rex Ryan the day after the regular season ended.

Johnson, who will be 30 in September, rushed for only 663 yards and one touchdown and caught just 24 passes for 151 yards, all of which were career lows by wide margins. He did, however, average 4.3 yards per carry. And he only got roughly half the opportunities to run the ball—9.7 attempts per game—as he had annually with the Titans.

"Basically, it was a situation where I was going there to be the guy or whatever," Johnson said. "It was still said, yeah, both guys [Johnson and Ivory] were going to get playing time. I think it was like after the [third] game or something like that, it just switched over and I started getting less and less playing time, and not knowing where it came from."
Johnson finished the season with 155 carries to Ivory's 198. But from Week 4 through Week 12, Johnson had more than seven carries in a game just twice.

In December, Johnson expressed frustration about his role to NJ Advance Media's Darryl Slater. In his interview with Eisen, Johnson acknowledged he had tried to keep from going public with how much things had bothered him last season.

"I never wanted to be a cancer in the locker room, or be the bad guy, so all I could really do is take advantage of my opportunities, talk to Rex, talk to [Anthony Lynn] the running back coach," Johnson told Eisen.
Johnson then said he felt like Ryan's hands were tied the whole time.

More at link.

Well, Manning's not stupid. He's not going to go to a dogshit team and a horrible situation for a couple extra bucks.

If he goes somewhere, it will be somewhere he can win. Houston was 9-7 last year with virtually no QB - and I've got to imagine Manning would relish playing the Colts twice next year.

Yup...Tennessee was offering a partnership in ownership there before Adams died. Five could be the qb/Elway all at the same time there. His "great legacy" could build up from there.

Jets GM Mike McCagnan just said that he has full control over the draft written into his contract.

Not sure why, we have a winning record against him.

Back