Looking at the Patriots - 2015

This may explain why Kraft has been so quiet this past week:

So large is Kraft's sway with Goodell that one veteran NFL executive likes to call him "the assistant commissioner."

This is why I was wondering the worst, has this spat caused even a minor fissure between BB and Kraft? Did BB say enough is enough, this is ridiculous, the owner is not helping at all and go "rogue" and launched that presser without consulting with Kraft?

Or has it been carefully planned? Kraft knowing the NFL will find nothing but got the word that they had to be seen to be thorough hence him issuing that very subservient press release on Friday? That is, play along with this, go slow.

Then on Saturday, right Bill, you're off the leash away you go?

I would just love to know Kraft's thoughts on all this.

Kraftys silence tells me all I need to know.

After that presser by BB you'd think he'd be out there as the calm voice of reason. Nope. My money? I bet he's PISSED.

I've said it before. Rog more than anyone in Kraftys eyes helped turn a $185 mil investment into a fortune approaching $2 BIL. I have a pretty good idea where his allegiance lies.

Terrific article about Caserio's duties and value to the Pats. Even on game day he's connected to McD by headset giving information about the opponent's defensive players.

Caserio intently watches each practice and reviews the tape of each session in his office, and he also participates. The former John Carroll University quarterback — he beat out offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels for the starting job — delivers passes during positional drills when they are shorthanded.
“He has a cannon,” cornerback Kyle Arrington said.
Caserio also has an important role on game day, as he is connected to McDaniels’ headset and relays defensive personnel notes to help McDaniels cipher through his play calls. Because the two have been close for about 20 years, their chemistry and like-minded offensive philosophies serve as an asset as Caserio watches from the booth.
“I think he is probably the only (front office executive) in the league that’s doing that,” McDaniels said.
Caserio’s role in personnel decisions has increased significantly in the last two years since Floyd Reese left. He leads negotiations in trades and contract discussions and is said to be very well-respected by outsiders who deal with him on a regular basis. Though Caserio has had his current role since transitioning from an assistant coach in 2008, the belief through 2012 was Belichick was the true authoritative voice through both Reese and Caserio.
Caserio, who turned 39 last month the day before signing a contract extension through 2020, has had a dynamite year on the personnel front. The Patriots signed cornerbacks Darrelle Revis and Brandon Browner and receiver Brandon LaFell to head their free agent class, re-signed receiver Julian Edelman and squashed a messy situation with defensive lineman Vince Wilfork by extending his deal.
The Pats also reworked Tom Brady’s deal, traded left guard Logan Mankins for tight end Tim Wright, extended special teams captain Matthew Slater, safety Patrick Chung and running back Brandon Bolden, and acquired defensive end Akeem Ayers, linebacker Jonathan Casillas and defensive tackle Alan Branch in midseason moves.
Obviously, Belichick has a say in every decision, but he has trusted Caserio with the brunt of the power to get it done.
“I don’t know anybody that works any harder than Nick does,” McDaniels said. “He adds value, and it’s countless the amount of people and portions of the organization that he affects with his work. He is diligent with it. He is prepared. He is extremely well-versed in all the things that he is part of.
“He does a lot of things. He is kind of a jack of all trades and he is really a master of all of them, too. He is a unique individual, really deserving of any success and accolades that he gets.”
Caserio acquires the types of players the coaches want, too, because he spends so much time with them. He is a regular in positional meeting rooms and takes part in the grading process. Fears was actually fired up when discussing his conversations with Caserio.
“(They happen) all the time,” Fears said. “All the time. Heck yeah. No doubt about it. Just little comments about something we saw at practice or didn’t see at practice, how a guy is doing or how well he is not doing. Oh my goodness, we talk all the time.”
And somehow, Caserio has found the time to do it all.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...nick_caserio_is_a_do_it_all_exec_for_patriots

I am 100% on board with both:

1. Sportswriters are banned from using the phrase "The Patriots Way" forever.

2. Every time Tom Brady throws a pass interference tantrum, the football gets examined.

Can we extend that to whenever any QB or receiver throws his hands up looking for a PI Flag in instances where there wasn't a defender within an arms length of the receiver, the offensive team is docked a future legit PI call?

Mike Tanier is simply the best NFL writer we have today. Brilliant take on many subjects including deflategate with humor

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...gover-caught-up-pumped-up-for-super-bowl-xlix

From the article:
Brady, in particular, has never thrown an incomplete pass within three yards of his receiver without expecting a pass interference penalty. All quarterbacks lobby for pass interference, but he acts like his car just got rear-ended if a defender rubs auras with one of his receivers.

lmao

I mean, you and I and several other people have been saying this all along.

I believe a lot of it depends on how this next game ends up, to be honest. They win, he comes back at $20mm at worst. If that ends up happening, he's gone after next year.

If not, I could see them spending the money on other people.

I'll be shocked if he's not here next year. After that is anyone's guess.

I'll be shocked if he's not here next year. After that is anyone's guess.

I wouldn't be shocked, but I'd be surprised. There are simply too many other deals to get done, including, first and foremost, Devin McCourty.

You could almost argue that the Patriots would be irresponsible to bring back Revis on a long-term deal after next year.

I wouldn't be shocked, but I'd be surprised. There are simply too many other deals to get done, including, first and foremost, Devin McCourty.

You could almost argue that the Patriots would be irresponsible to bring back Revis on a long-term deal after next year.

Does Revis even want a long term deal? He'll likely get more money with short term deals since they will always be "market value."

Devin is 2nd in my book. Revis is first and foremost. By a lot.

And no, you couldn't argue irresponsibility on the Pats for extending him.
You do remember the secondaries of yore, right?

Devin is 2nd in my book. Revis is first and foremost. By a lot.

And no, you couldn't argue irresponsibility on the Pats for extending him.
You do remember the secondaries of yore, right?

Bringing in a 29 year old Revis on a 2 year contract, is a lot different from bringing in a 31 year old Revis on a long-term, guaranteed money contract.

Bringing in a 29 year old Revis on a 2 year contract, is a lot different from bringing in a 31 year old Revis on a long-term, guaranteed money contract.

With no signs of slippage, a player who keeps himself in optimal mental and physical shape, and has transformed how your defense is played?

Yeah, I'll err that way every day of the week and twice on Super Bowl Sunday.

Back