Looking at the Patriots - 2018

I'd rather have them switch to a white helmet so we can see the throwbacks at times, just replace the Elvis with Pat Patriot and we party like it's 1985 again.

I'd rather have them switch to a white helmet so we can see the throwbacks at times, just replace the Elvis with Pat Patriot and we party like it's 1985 again.

I've given up on ever seeing the red & white again.

The color of the helmet doesn't even seem relevant to me. We've had mockups done here that demonstrated that the red jersies look great with the current helmets, but it still seems like it's a problem for somebody for unknown reasons. Other teams seem to do similar stuff from time to time, so it beats me.

I figure it has to be somebody in NFL properties because Bob Kraft still sells a shitload of old-school jerseys, 1/4th of all sales as of last year and if we wore them twice a year then it stands to reason he'd sell even more.

I've actually wondered if Belichick doesn't want us wearing them. While I can't imagine why, we've had a precedent here with Parcells disliking the original disco Flying Elvis unis and lobbying to have something more football-ish, which we soon got. I specifically remember him griping about the skinny stripes on the pants and mentioning that he'd like something thicker like the Giants had, which pissed me off at the time.

The offending stripes:

I've given up on ever seeing the red & white again.

The color of the helmet doesn't even seem relevant to me. We've had mockups done here that demonstrated that the red jersies look great with the current helmets, but it still seems like it's a problem for somebody for unknown reasons. Other teams seem to do similar stuff from time to time, so it beats me.

I figure it has to be somebody in NFL properties because Bob Kraft still sells a shitload of old-school jerseys, 1/4th of all sales as of last year and if we wore them twice a year then it stands to reason he'd sell even more.

I've actually wondered if Belichick doesn't want us wearing them. While I can't imagine why, we've had a precedent here with Parcells disliking the original disco Flying Elvis unis and lobbying to have something more football-ish, which we soon got. I specifically remember him griping about the skinny stripes on the pants and mentioning that he'd like something thicker like the Giants had, which pissed me off at the time.

The offending stripes:

But he was ok with the soccer jerseys? That was a weird time, we went through like 4 different uniform changes in 10 years.

This is incredible. :patriotlogo:

The Pats are the 2nd most injured team in the NFL for 2017 and still have a 13-3 record. Edelman, Hightower, Mitchell, Cannon, Hogan, Van Noy, Ebner, McClellin, Slater, Valentine, Branch...so many games lost...

Man Games Lost NFL‏ @ManGamesLostNFL
NFL 2017 Season, Top 5, impact on teams by players lost to injury (Lost-av metric, weighting by 2016 quality of injured players)
1 IND
2 NEW
3 NYG
4 ARI
5 WAS

13-3, 1st seed in the playoffs while the other 4 teams above are home watching the games.

Extraordinary job done by Belichick and his staff this year yet BB won't sniff Coach of the Year.

But he was ok with the soccer jerseys? That was a weird time, we went through like 4 different uniform changes in 10 years.

I don't exactly remember him mentioning the "soccer jerseys" . I just remember him specifically griping about the stripes on the pants in a presser and it sounded like he thought they were not the image he wanted the Pats to project. Like we looked like pussies because of the pants. Anyhow, based on the photo below, we did have the "striped" jersey with the big FE for at least one season after we changed the pants.

I don't exactly remember him mentioning the "soccer jerseys" . I just remember him specifically griping about the stripes on the pants in a presser and it sounded like he thought they were not the image he wanted the Pats to project. Like we looked like pussies because of the pants. Anyhow, based on the photo below, we did have the "striped" jersey with the big FE for at least one season after we changed the pants.

Even Drew's handwarmer is awful.

Anybody know how to find the pic that was posted here years ago that showed Kevin Faulk photoshopped into a red jersey with silver pants and the current helmets?

I don't have it saved, but I thought it looked very sharp and it didn't even make me think of Ohio State. And it would be easy to do without messing with the helmets.

This is incredible. :patriotlogo:

The Pats are the 2nd most injured team in the NFL for 2017 and still have a 13-3 record. Edelman, Hightower, Mitchell, Cannon, Hogan, Van Noy, Ebner, McClellin, Slater, Valentine, Branch...so many games lost...

Man Games Lost NFL‏ @ManGamesLostNFL
NFL 2017 Season, Top 5, impact on teams by players lost to injury (Lost-av metric, weighting by 2016 quality of injured players)
1 IND
2 NEW
3 NYG
4 ARI
5 WAS

13-3, 1st seed in the playoffs while the other 4 teams above are home watching the games.

Extraordinary job done by Belichick and his staff this year yet BB won't sniff Coach of the Year.

But...but....Pittsburgh lost Brown during the game and Shazier the game before that..... :shrug: :tmack:

Anybody know how to find the pic that was posted here years ago that showed Kevin Faulk photoshopped into a red jersey with silver pants and the current helmets?

I don't have it saved, but I thought it looked very sharp and it didn't even make me think of Ohio State. And it would be easy to do without messing with the helmets.

Pretty sure I found the thread here:

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=8533&highlight=alternate

But the images are long gone. Most were hosted on imgur. I know the exact image you are talking about though and it has come up before in the years since that thread. I am pretty sure I have it saved somewhere, but it may take some time to find.

Pretty sure I found the thread here:

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=8533&highlight=alternate

But the images are long gone. Most were hosted on imgur. I know the exact image you are talking about though and it has come up before in the years since that thread. I am pretty sure I have it saved somewhere, but it may take some time to find.

If you could take a look then I'd appreciate it, but don't go nuts looking for it.

That uni came up in a conversation about the old unis I was having with a guy at the next tailgate over last week and he couldn't imagine it the way I described.

I should've saved that thing somewhere. The guy that did it was a very talented digital artist as I recall.

I realize uniforms is a trivial thing, but I always imagined how cool it would be if the Pats came out of the tunnel wearing those threads and surprised everybody. I think the place would go nuts.

Tradition is great, but I think it's also fine to mix things up once in a while.

If you could take a look then I'd appreciate it, but don't go nuts looking for it.

That uni came up in a conversation about the old unis I was having with a guy at the next tailgate over last week and he couldn't imagine it the way I described.

I should've saved that thing somewhere. The guy that did it was a very talented digital artist as I recall.

I realize uniforms is a trivial thing, but I always imagined how cool it would be if the Pats came out of the tunnel wearing those threads and surprised everybody. I think the place would go nuts.

Tradition is great, but I think it's also fine to mix things up once in a while.

I would love to see Pat Patriot make an appearance in the SB. Nothing would be better than seeing them win one if the old school gear.

Back