Looking at the Patriots - 2019

Let TFB do whatever he feels like is best for his own good...just as long as he can deliver the goods.

At 42 this might be planned. People are acting like BB is furious and the whole team hates Brady because he is not going to OTA's. I am not sure that is the case, I think everyone is on the same page on this. BB is not really one of those coaches that would just let something go unless he was ok with it.

I'd probably have an issue with it if TFB was on a serious decline and the team was in suckmode.

But getting to 3 straight SBs and winning 3 in 5 years at his age has created a significant amount of leeway in my mind. And I assume with BB too. If he and/or Kraft REALLY ABSOLUTELY believed Brady MUST be there for the good of the team, I'm sure he'd be there.

I think if the first part was true, then Brady would not even be here. I am not sure if its leeway or if the team feels he can do his own workouts and the rest is 42 year old management. As you said, if this was a huge deal with BB, then this would not be happening. I do not know the reason for it, or what the team thinks behind closed doors, but I am not sure its the major explosion the media and some fans will make it.

I think if the first part was true, then Brady would not even be here. I am not sure if its leeway or if the team feels he can do his own workouts and the rest is 42 year old management. As you said, if this was a huge deal with BB, then this would not be happening. I do not know the reason for it, or what the team thinks behind closed doors, but I am not sure its the major explosion the media and some fans will make it.

Ya, I meant leeway from me as a fan.

Tom will be there for OTAs, just not VOLUNTARY OTAs. Everyone remember the definition of voluntary?

vol·un·tar·y
/ˈvälənˌterē/
adjective
1.done, given, or acting of one's own free will.

Mahomes recounts what Brady said to him in the KC lockerroom after the AFCCG. Classy from Tom.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HO2AJneTjAM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brady makes up for the voluntary works by the extra two weeks of practice for the super bowl every year........... I couldn’t believe this was an issue last year, to see it come up again is mind blowing

Former Pats who played in the AAF.

D3VcoGrXsAAh9Pz.png

LOL Tyms. He was hella hyped around here by a few and then he disappeared into the abyss.
How can anyone look so damn good and then fall off the map?

Edit: Actually, there were quite a few of them, but anticipation of a great player and getting excited for the future is part of the fun for some of us. Hopeless optimists.

Brady makes up for the voluntary works by the extra two weeks of practice for the super bowl every year........... I couldn’t believe this was an issue last year, to see it come up again is mind blowing

Plus we always read about Brady getting together on his own with receivers to do some throwing. I suspect he does that more often than we know.

I remember watching Jimmy G throwing to Tyms before a game a few years ago thinking that this was the future. :shrug_n:

He was a stallion... :coffee:

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

LOL Tyms. He was hella hyped around here by a few and then he disappeared into the abyss.

Yup...I was all on that hype train. I admit it too...

Back