Looking at the Patriots - 2019

He's skipping VOLUNTARY workouts. No big deal.
I think when regular camp starts & TB walks on the practice field everyone knows who the leader is. Just a guess. Now if coaches want more required time with players I'm all for it but they'll get paid for that.

Mr X owns a company.

He steps back and lets his GM completely run the operation. Mr Y.

Z is Ys top foreman. They’ve been together for 20 years, setting industry standards and reaping incredible rewards hand in hand. Other workers come and go, but through it all they keep an incredible partnership.

Then Z completely out of the blue changes the process. Skips the prep work that he personally stated on many occasion was the foundation of the collective efforts success. 1st Q returns and 2nd Q returns suffer, the 3rd Q begins to right itself, and the 4th Q produces monumental results yet again.

The next year approaches and Z decides he’s going to repeat his schedule. This despite the clear hiccups of year past, and an unprecedented turnover from Zs direct underlings.

How is that a good look for the underlings(teammates) or the shareholders(fans)?

Mr X owns a company.

Z is Ys top foreman. They’ve been together for 20 years, setting industry standards and reaping incredible rewards hand in hand. Other workers come and go, but through it all they keep an incredible partnership.

Then Z completely out of the blue changes the process. Skips the prep work that he personally stated on many occasion was the foundation of the collective efforts success. 1st Q returns and 2nd Q returns suffer, the 3rd Q begins to right itself, and the 4th Q produces monumental results yet again.

The next year approaches and Z decides he’s going to repeat his schedule. This despite the clear hiccups of year past, and an unprecedented turnover from Zs direct underlings.

How is that a good look for the underlings(teammates) or the shareholders(fans)?

X and Z are tight...Y actually was prepared to let go of Z for JG...but, X wanted Z for the long haul and overruled Y.

...this is kinda fun!...

Mr X owns a company.

Pretty good when he leads them back to another SB appearance. :shrug_n:

I think that only happened because the incumbents were very familiar with Z.

A total revamp at WR and TE? Good luck with that. Every day matters.

The only thing that really matters...the results in the end. If TFB was a lot younger, many people would have much more of a problem with it. I can see your POV, but, Brady is in his sunset years. Not many left... :shrug_n:

It really feels like Groundhog Day to me.

Every year we try to fix all the holes and are skeptical of Bill's approach.

Every year we get off to a slow start and everybody pronounces Brady as all done and, therefore, so are we.

Every year we eventually get to see the new guys start to fit in and contribute and sooner or later we start showing more consistency with a couple of dominant wins offsetting a few really bad losses.

Then every year we see other guys and their superstars falling off to the side of the road one by one and we just keep winning. Brady just keeps on beating the clock and our philosophy eventually shows to be the most advanced, most flexible and most mystifying team-based system in football history.

We're so far into bonus time it isn't even funny and even though there seem to be gaping holes at several positions right now, Father Time is undefeated, blah, blah, blah who among us can seriously feel like it's finally over and it's time to blow it all up and rebuild? To settle back into mediocrity?

Other teams are on about their 8th different rebuild since we started rolling. It is a constant source of amazement to me, but at the same time it's so predictable that you'd think we'd all be getting cocky or something by now.

I used to think I was smarter than the guys running this team, but now I just sort of sit back and watch the longest-running drama in sports history and wait for the moment of deja-vu when it all starts gelling. I wait for Belichick's vision to come together even if it makes little to no sense at times along the way.

Bill's right-- every year is different-- but they all contain similar patterns and plenty of edge-of-your-seat-oh-God-I-think-I'm-gonna-hurl tipping points.

Stuff like that strikes me periodically like I'm just thinking of it for the first time, but here we are three weeks from the draft and it's hitting me again.

2019. I can't wait to see how it plays out.

Can you imagine the possibility of this team?

QB? Say no more.

RB. Very good corps.

The OLine is very good. Add a T.

Now sitting with 12 picks.

The TE prospect pool is as deep as any draft class I can remember, going back to Parcells innaugral season (when curiosity of how he’d build this got me paying more than a second glance).

If, huge if, we could score 2 TEs we’re solid for YEARS.

And the WR pool is truly captivating. There’s plenty of guys that project as excellent Patriots. If Bill & Caserio could ever figure out WR prospects we would be LOADED.

QB? Say no more.

RB. Very good corps.

The TE prospect pool is as deep as any draft class I can remember, going back to Parcells innaugral season (when curiosity of how he’d build this got me paying more than a second glance).

And the WR pool is truly captivating. There’s plenty of guys that project as excellent Patriots. If Bill & Caserio could ever figure out WR prospects we would be LOADED.

I feel this is more true than it's been in a while. Not only are there deep talent pools at a couple of positions where we need a talent infusion, like TE, WR and LB-- there are more guys than usual that are experienced, productive and leaders.

Doesn't mean we'll be thrilled when the draft is over, but we're about due for a major haul in a couple of weeks.

I'm rooting for a draft that makes sense to us, is a little more conventional, sure, but more importantly one that brings young talent that doesn't take forever to develop.

Feels like it's been a while.

I feel this is more true than it's been in a while. Not only are there deep talent pools at a couple of positions where we need a talent infusion, like TE, WR and LB-- there are more guys than usual that are experienced, productive and leaders.

Doesn't mean we'll be thrilled when the draft is over, but we're about due for a major haul in a couple of weeks.

I'm rooting for a draft that makes sense to us, is a little more conventional, sure, but more importantly one that brings young talent that doesn't take forever to develop.

Feels like it's been a while.

Agree.

It’s been a while since a truly impact draft.

This year and next seem to be shaping up so.

QB? Say no more.

RB. Very good corps.

add to that a couple of "red shirt" freshman that may be healed and ready to contribute. Yeah, there is a lot to look forward to...

I think that only happened because the incumbents were very familiar with Z.

A total revamp at WR and TE? Good luck with that. Every day matters.

I am not sure that what you think is happening in OTA's is actually happening. Strength and conditioning workouts...Plus, we do not even know if what they have at WR right now will even be on the team game one like last year.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

They got rolling.

In December.

With a cast of characters he was completely familiar with.

Now? He has Jules. And if he ever decides to throw to him Dorsett should likely be on the field.

Dorsett was on the field 20% of the time last year, so unless he was throwing to the sideline which would be out of bounds, it would have been hard to throw many to him.

I am not sure that what you think is happening in OTA's is actually happening. Strength and conditioning workouts...Plus, we do not even know if what they have at WR right now will even be on the team game one like last year.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Dorsett was on the field 20% of the time last year, so unless he was throwing to the sideline which would be out of bounds, it would have been hard to throw many to him.

No. This is false.

Strength & Conditioning programs will be explained and set up the first week the rookies come in post draft. They aren’t sitting around with their thumbs up there asses doing nothing until OTAs.

OTAs is the modern name for what used to be called Passing Camps.

Passing Camps are difficult to orchestrate without a QB.

Really is a good look when 95 of 96 are there and 1 holdout is throwing footballs from one yacht to the other somewhere adrift in the Mediterranean.

Anyone know anything about this OT we signed, Cedrick lang? Vikings player was a rookie FA who was a basketball player. Another Scar project!

Anyone know anything about this OT we signed, Cedrick lang? Vikings player was a rookie FA who was a basketball player. Another Scar project!

Hmm...6'-7", 300# and an athletic former TE? He hasn't done anything in the league, but maybe Scar can work his magic again.

patspulpit.com/platform/amp/2019/4/1/18291152/nfl-news-new-england-patriots-sign-offensive-tackle-cedrick-lang-minnesota-vikings-denver-broncos

Put him on Slim Fast and convert him back to TE?:shrug_n:

When I first looked him up they had him listed at 255. Probably wouldn't be too hard for him to shed that.

Back