Looking at the Patriots - 2020

I suppose this is the big question because we don't know if Brady will make the Pats sweat right up until the Draft and beyond. I think that is a distinct possibility.

I really don't agree that it is "simple as that".

We could very well be looking at Stidham as our starter next season and that thought does not freak me, for one, out.

Lots of drama to come over the next few months, so I don't want to go overboard when the dust has barely settled, but that kid has enough going for him that it might not be the disaster many are predicting.

Well it depends. Disaster around pats fans is 12-4 and loss in playoffs. I mean hell disaster around here is loss in superbowl, in fact sometimes disaster around here is win superbowl but didnt win by enough.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Paying Brady $30MM is ludicrous and will kill destroy this team from a salary cap perspective. Let him walk, use his money to build the OLine and try and get another WR. Paying him that amount will virtually guarantee this team is in the cellar for the forseeable future, especially if he walks after next season.

Build the oline? I think the oline is built. lol What good is another WR if you get the same kind? How does paying Brady make them in the cellar? Not sure I get that one. He is not getting a 10 year contract, he would get probably a 2 that could be a 1 for cap reasons. I have not heard Brady say how much he wants or what he wants except to keep playing. People like to float things around that they have no idea what they are talking about. Brady never held this team hostage even in times that he could have. Now all of the sudden he is an asshole? Not buying it.

Well it depends. Disaster around pats fans is 12-4 and loss in playoffs. I mean hell disaster around here is loss in superbowl, in fact sometimes disaster around here is win superbowl but didnt win by enough.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Build the oline? I think the oline is built. lol What good is another WR if you get the same kind? How does paying Brady make them in the cellar? Not sure I get that one. He is not getting a 10 year contract, he would get probably a 2 that could be a 1 for cap reasons. I have not heard Brady say how much he wants or what he wants except to keep playing. People like to float things around that they have no idea what they are talking about. Brady never held this team hostage even in times that he could have. Now all of the sudden he is an asshole? Not buying it.

Disagree.

OLine is in shambles. Thuney is excellent, but a FA. Outside of that....

Looks like Brady is staying (from his FB post):

I just wanted to say to all of our fans, THANK YOU! After a few days of reflection, I am so grateful and humbled by the unconditional support you have shown me the past two decades. Running out of that tunnel every week is a feeling that is hard to explain. I wish every season ended in a win, but that’s not the nature of sports (or life). Nobody plays to lose. But the reward for working hard is just that, the work!! I have been blessed to find a career I love, teammates who go to battle with me, and an organization that believes in me, and fans who have been behind us every step of the way.

Every one of us that works at Gillette Stadium strived to do their best, spent themselves at a worthy cause, and prepared to fail while daring greatly (h/t Teddy Roosevelt). And for that, we’ve been rewarded with something that the scoreboard won’t show - the satisfaction of knowing we gave everything to each other in pursuit of a common goal. That is what TEAM is all about.

In both life and football, failure is inevitable. You dont always win. You can, however, learn from that failure, pick yourself up with great enthusiasm, and place yourself in the arena again.

And that’s right where you will find me. Because I know I still have more to prove.

Looks like Brady is staying (from his FB post):

I just wanted to say to all of our fans, THANK YOU! After a few days of reflection, I am so grateful and humbled by the unconditional support you have shown me the past two decades. Running out of that tunnel every week is a feeling that is hard to explain. I wish every season ended in a win, but that’s not the nature of sports (or life). Nobody plays to lose. But the reward for working hard is just that, the work!! I have been blessed to find a career I love, teammates who go to battle with me, and an organization that believes in me, and fans who have been behind us every step of the way.

Every one of us that works at Gillette Stadium strived to do their best, spent themselves at a worthy cause, and prepared to fail while daring greatly (h/t Teddy Roosevelt). And for that, we’ve been rewarded with something that the scoreboard won’t show - the satisfaction of knowing we gave everything to each other in pursuit of a common goal. That is what TEAM is all about.

In both life and football, failure is inevitable. You dont always win. You can, however, learn from that failure, pick yourself up with great enthusiasm, and place yourself in the arena again.

And that’s right where you will find me. Because I know I still have more to prove.
Certainly sounds like he isn't retiring. Not sure I read into it that he is staying with the Pats, though.

Certainly sounds like he isn't retiring. Not sure I read into it that he is staying with the Pats, though.

I read it the same way as you. He's committing to playing next year, but in no way does he say he's doing it at Gillette.

Can anyone honestly see Brady playing anywhere else next season? The teams that he would want to play for already have established QBs and the teams that don't are in complete shambles. I can't think of a single good landing spot for a 42 year old QB.

But will they break the bank for a 43 year old QB? Does Brady himself think he is worth some team, any team, breaking the bank to have him and not be able to put talent around him?

Can anyone honestly see Brady playing anywhere else next season? The teams that he would want to play for already have established QBs and the teams that don't are in complete shambles. I can't think of a single good landing spot for a 42 year old QB.

Both LV and SD need to sell PSLs just off the top of my head

Agree Alk.

And the last thing I see him doing is pimping his face to help a new org sell PSLs.

ENyg5t0WwAEdDGp

Chargers (likely) followed by Titans.

Chargers (likely) followed by Titans.

So the Chargers are going to move on from a guy fully versed and functional in their system and at less money for a guy 4yrs older, ranked lower, and has never played their system?

The Titans will move on from the top rated passer in the league? Who just beat Brady head to head on the road?

These local media guys could sell you anything...

So the Chargers are going to move on from a guy fully versed and functional in their system and at less money for a guy 4yrs older, ranked lower, and has never played their system?

The Titans will move on from the top rated passer in the league? Who just beat Brady head to head on the road?

These local media guys could sell you anything...

I'm with you on the Chargers but Tannehill didn't beat the Patriots, Henry did. I still don't see any other teams paying any kind of serious money for a 42 year old QB.

Back