Looking at the Patriots - 2021

This was just from a 5 minute google search.

Ted Johnson

Danny Amendola

Dion Lewis

Nate Solder

Gronk

Chris Long

Cassius Marsh
I would add Seymour...

There's a few brats out there for sure.

I'm a yuge BB fan, but, I can see the angry ex Pats POV if they feel like everyone gave BB all of the glory and respect and admiration. But, if they're going to rant, they should do it in a professional and presentable and a well thought out manner.

This was just from a 5 minute google search.

Ted Johnson

Danny Amendola

Dion Lewis

Nate Solder

Gronk

Chris Long

Cassius Marsh
My God! What a horrible coach! Putting winning above treating players nicely.

Please do a five-minute search for quotes with BB taking all or even any credit. I don't believe I ever saw him taking credit for a win. If players don't like the media giving BB the credit, their bitch is with the the media, not with Belichick.

But look through all those links you provided and tell us which players besides Samuel say BB wasn't a good coach.

Again, you continue to say that BB isn't a great coach and to back up your nonsense you give us links to players saying Belichick was a hard negotiator and Belichick was strict and Belichick was hard to work for.

If you weren't so mired and drowning in hate because he allowed our former QB to move on, you might be saying those quotes not only have nothing to do with his coaching abilities but actually are among the very reasons why he is a good coach.

Is BB a hard negotiator? Yes, and it helps him build better teams. He is ruthless in negotiations and cold-blooded in cutting players when the end of their time in coming. No doubt. But rarely does he get into cap hell and flounder with dead money like so money coaches who pay players with their hearts and emotions rather than business sense.

Is he strict? Yes, very much so. Amendola and Adalius Thomas and so many others hated that and still do. But is a strict coach a bad coach? Do you like Rex Ryan, the ultimate players coach? All these bitching guys evidently preferred being treated nicely to winning. Fine. Bitch away. But it doesn't make Belichick a bad coach.

Is he hard to work for? Undoubtably. Players don't get to freelance. Their first job is doing what it takes to win, not to build up their stats and only do the things they like to do. My God! What a horrible coach! Putting winning above treating players nicely.

Last edited:
My God! What a horrible coach! Putting winning above treating players nicely.

Please do a five-minute search for quotes with BB taking all or even any credit. I don't believe I ever saw him taking credit for a win. If players don't like the media giving BB the credit, their bitch is with the the media, not with Belichick.

But look through all those links you provided and tell us which players besides Samuel say BB wasn't a good coach.

Again, you continue to say that BB isn't a great coach and to back up your nonsense you give us links to players saying Belichick was a hard negotiator and Belichick was strict and Belichick was hard to work for.

If you weren't so mired and drowning in hate because he allowed our former QB to move on, you might be saying those quotes not only have nothing to do with his coaching abilities but actually are among the very reasons why he is a good coach.

Is BB a hard negotiator? Yes, and it helps him build better teams. He is ruthless in negotiations and cold-blooded in cutting players when the end of their time in coming. No doubt.

Is he strict? Amendola and Adalius Thomas and so many others hated that and still do. But is a strict coach a bad coach? Do you like Rex Ryan, the ultimate players coach?

Is he hard to work for? Undoubtably. Players don't get to freelance. Their first job is doing what it takes to win, not to build up their stats and only do the things they like to do. My God! What a horrible coach! Putting winning above treating players nicely.
Chevs asked for players and I provided them. I never said Bill was a bad coach ever. Average GM IMO but great coach.

I agree with everything else you said. It is an ego game. Players/coaches all have them.

Bill has gone out of his way several times after winning superbowls praising the players.

This is a silly narrative.
It's absolutely fucking ridiculous. At every hands turn for every success, he gives the praise solely to the players. Time and time again he says they're the ones who catch, throw, tackle, kick etc. Whenever they lose or fail, he says it's on him as he didn't coach them to win the game etc.

This is getting tiresome.

Last edited:
It's absolutely fucking ridiculous. At every hands turn for every success, he gives the praise solely to the players. Time and time again he says they're the lens who catch, throw, tackle, kick etc. Whenever they lose or fail, he says it's on him as he didn't coach them to win the game etc.

This is getting tiresome.
Getting? :coffee:

I am going to get deep here because I think there is a much larger narrative going on here than just Bill is an average coach IMO. There are a lot of former players, especially defensive players who feel they got minimized during our championship years because Bill got all the credit for being a defensive guru and they were seen as just plug and play, system players. When I hear Asante talk that is what he is getting at and I think he is speaking for many players not just himself.

With Brady winning last year, many of them have started chirping because Brady with his success in Tampa has validated their stance that it was not ALL Bill. That it truly was the players. That is what Asante is really getting at IMO. Many of the players feel slighted especially from the 00s teams and they feel this is their time to highlight it was the players that were winning those years not the coaches. Again, JMO but I think that is the the deeper sentiment being expressed.
“Many players”

You OFTEN pretend know what people are thinking. Hell, you pretend to know what Bill Belichick himself is thinking.

ASSANTE is an asshat. You finding a way to use him to bash BB (surprise!) adds little to the convo.

Teddy Bruschi says hello.

“Many players”

You OFTEN pretend know what people are thinking. Hell, you pretend to know what Bill Belichick himself is thinking.

ASSANTE is an asshat. You finding a way to use him to bash BB (surprise!) adds little to the convo.

Teddy Bruschi says hello.
Fyi - I included links above to many players who have had issues with Bill over the years ...

Fyi - I included links above to many players who have had issues with Bill over the years ...
I saw that as I read through the thread after I posted. I can spend five minutes on the Internet to find almost any point of view no matter how slanted or unjustified.

As you did.

Patriots play the Dolphins soon?

Back