Looking at the Patriots - 2021

I saw Jonnu drop 4 catchable passes in a row yesterday. :coffee:
That performance was jaw-droppingly stunning to me. This guy has been a consistently reliable TE and receiver for a pretty long time. WTF?.Henry, also. They've both blown chunks so far. It's ridiculous. Anyone who claims to have seen this coming is flat-out f###### lying.

That performance was jaw-droppingly stunning to me. This guy has been a consistently reliable TE and receiver for a pretty long time. WTF?.Henry, also. They've both blown chunks so far. It's ridiculous. Anyone who claims to have seen this coming is flat-out f###### lying.

Henry has looked fine to me, but Jonnu has to catch those passes and block better - his blocking has also been lowkey not-great, which also wasn't a prior issue.

Hope he gets sorted out soon.

This is who Jonnu and Henry are. It’s why they were bad overpaid, overrated FA agent signings. I’ve been saying it all offseason and catching hell for it. Jonnu gets like 450 yards a season typically. Henry may be marginally better, but he’ll probably be injured again before long. He’s not the guy he used to be at all. They are each getting what 10 or 12 million a year? Tampa is awful at defending Tight Ends, and they need to show some production next week.

90 percent of the the posts this offseason were acting like these guys were the second coming of Gronk and Ahern.
Yes. I did see this coming.

This is who Jonnu and Henry are. It’s why they were bad overpaid, overrated FA agent signings. I’ve been saying it all offseason and catching hell for it. Jonnu gets like 450 yards a season typically. Henry may be marginally better, but he’ll probably be injured again before long. He’s not the guy he used to be at all. They are each getting what 10 or 12 million a year? Tampa is awful at defending Tight Ends, and they need to show some production next week.

90 percent of the the posts this offseason were acting like these guys were the second coming of Gronk and Ahern.
Yes. I did see this coming.

The most drops Jonnu Smith had in a complete season was 3. Having 4 straight in 1 game is unheard of from him for his career.
No one here said they'd be the 2nd coming of Gronk and Ahern. What some said, correctly, is that we'd be able to run 2 TE sets like back then but no, not that they'd be the same.

Last edited:
The most drops Jonnu Smith had in a complete season was 3. Having 4 straight in 1 game is unheard of from him for his career.
No one here said they'd be the 2nd coming of Gronk and Ahern. What some said, correctly, is that we'd be able to run 2 TE sets like back then but no, not that they'd be the same.
Safe to say Bill won't put up with that.

Even if he busts out of Jacksonville, I won't think they took the wrong guy. It's amazing Meyer is fucking him up this badly. Amazing. Khan may need to get rid of him midseason just so they don't ruin the kid forever.
Or maybe he's just not that good. Wouldn't be the first time everyone hypes a QB up to be the next great and they flame out, hell historically half of 1st round QB's won't make it in the NFL, those are just the facts. Now I will say the organization and situation plays a part, but the truly great QB's will be great anywhere.

Or maybe he's just not that good. Wouldn't be the first time everyone hypes a QB up to be the next great and they flame out, hell historically half of 1st round QB's won't make it in the NFL, those are just the facts. Now I will say the organization and situation plays a part, but the truly great QB's will be great anywhere.
Giovanni Carmazzi, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Johnny Manziel, Jamarcus Russell and many more I know I am missing. Some times a super star QB in college doesn't translate to a good pro. Lawrence I think can't be judged right now strictly because of the team he is on. Terrible management and ownership. In the right system he could probably be a very good player. But again, it's only week 3, I can't make a snap judgement on him yet.

If White is out for an extended time BB might want to bring in someone like Marlon Mack, TJ Yeldon or Duke Johnson as a pass catching RB.
Yeldon played at Bama with RBs coach Vinnie Sunseri.
Mack would require a trade with the Colts but they've said he's available.

If White is out for an extended time BB might want to bring in someone like Marlon Mack, TJ Yeldon or Duke Johnson as a pass catching RB.
This years team is going nowhere. Better to suck it up, save the picks, and hope Bill can learn how to identify offensive skill positions in the draft.

I’m not holding my breath.

Duke had a few good seasons...I'm surprised that he's available.

Giovanni Carmazzi, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Johnny Manziel, Jamarcus Russell and many more I know I am missing. Some times a super star QB in college doesn't translate to a good pro. Lawrence I think can't be judged right now strictly because of the team he is on. Terrible management and ownership. In the right system he could probably be a very good player. But again, it's only week 3, I can't make a snap judgement on him yet.
I don't think any of the rookie QB's can be fully judged right now either, but I do think we can rely on what the draft history has proved over the last 30 years or so. It's a safe bet that only 2 of the 5 taken in the 1st round will be significant NFL QB's and by significant we aren't even talking about Super Stars, but just legitimate NFL starters. The NFL draft has become a hype machine and they sell the idea of multiple franchise QB's every spring and we as football fans tend to buy in, reality tells us a different story.

Hoping that coach BB can make another hot mic moment like this at the end of the game Sunday

“Thirty-seven points on the best defense in the league, s— my d—,” the Patriots coach said in celebration.

Not likely, because even if the Pats win it will most likely be a nail biter, but I can dream.

Back