Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Both of these turds ran their mouth quite a bit as much as trolls who were posting here were doing it. They literally would use the same phrases and hot takes and those people would race to any board on the interwebs and repeat the same garbage over and over, as they were unaware BB started his rebuild in 2018. It was already being done before Brady even left.

Quick side note: I am one that believed Stidham was going to be the guy because BB didn't draft a QB in 2020 and wasn't in a hurry in March to sign or trade for a veteran. So, it's interesting, or not so much if you are Stidham, where your college career was hijacked by a scandal and by a pandemic. We may be lucky with the pandemic, as strange as that is to say, because Mac is the better prospect.

But, all these losers who get paid to analyze this sport properly, constantly using the down time to lie about this franchise, YET AGAIN, are an embarrassment. Complete and total disinformation.

not knocking ronde, he was good. but he was a cover 2 cb. rodney excelled in a bunch of different spots.
I'm a big Ronde Barber person. He sort of made the Star/nickel role a thing with the way he was deployed back in those days. One of the smarter CBs of that era, too. Great player, IMO.

I bet BB would have loved to have coached Barber. In fact, there are two guys I bet he would have loved beyond obvious Ed Reed man crush stuff, but Barber and Pat Tillman from that era come to mind right away.

Milloy refused to take a financial haircut...
He was a 4-time pro bowler and team captain. Why should he take a paycut? This is 2003 remember. People weren't lined up at BB's Barber Shop every offseason then.

Patriots last 6 games
W-L: 6-0
PPG: 35.2
PPG Allowed: 10.5
Turnovers: 4
Takeaways: 17

+13 Turnover margin has been an important factor in these wins.
I'm told the Pats' D has spent a lot of time each practice on punching the ball out the last 4 weeks and it's paying dividends.

He was a 4-time pro bowler and team captain. Why should he take a paycut? This is 2003 remember. People weren't lined up at BB's Barber Shop every offseason then.
I think they key word there is "was". Rodney played both SS and FS while Milloy was really only a SS at that point. BB saw the head to head competition and that was it.

BB is always going to pay forward and his projection of what he sees the player doing moving forward. And, he wasn't wrong. Milloy shopped himself down to Atlanta soon after and faded away as Rodney was helping us go undefeated and likely winning another ring in 2006 if it wasn't for the bounty by Fisher and Gregg Williams in Week 16 in Tenn by Bobby Wade which Goodell ignored.

i never blame players for not wanting to take a cut. do we mere mortals like taking pay cuts? nope. amount/salary level is moot.
it did hurt when he got cut though. i loved the dude. i hated that it messed up his and bb's relationship. i still think if ray anderson had stayed his agent instead of moving to the league office, thus lawyer signing on with his good buddy ty's poston crew, it may have ended differently . i'm just glad lawyer is back on good terms with bb and the pats.

The Patriots had eight possessions that ended up with points scored (3 TDs, 5 FGs). Only one punt.

Sure, we'd all like the percentage of TDs to be higher, but scoring on almost every possession puts tremendous pressure on the opponent's offense to keep up.

He shouldn't. BB should have kept him. Not sure why BB did that. He could have been creative on the ways to keep him and play both.

i never blame players for not wanting to take a cut. do we mere mortals like taking pay cuts? nope. amount/salary level is moot.
it did hurt when he got cut though. i loved the dude. i hated that it messed up his and bb's relationship. i still think if ray anderson had stayed his agent instead of moving to the league office, thus lawyer signing on with his good buddy ty's poston crew, it may have ended differently . i'm just glad lawyer is back on good terms with bb and the pats.
Milloy was one of my faves...Harrison was too.

Matt is spot on with this. 5 teams are capable of beating any of the other 5 on any given day.

View: https://twitter.com/chatham58/status/1465387957876146181

Match ups are everything and I think our worst match up is against the Colts with their bodacious running game and ball control offense to go along with a solid D.
We got a taste of it yesterday with the Titans' running game.
The Bills are a throw first team and that's our strength on D. They don't run the ball all that well. We should be able to run the ball on the Bills. Scoring against them presents challenges just as it did against the Titans. TDs will be valuable against both teams.

Back