Looking at the Patriots - 2021

So according to Schefter this morning, the Patriots are the only landing spot for Jimmy G, that no other teams are likely to trade for him.

If that’s the case, why should the Patriots give up a 2nd for him? Offer a third at the most. That contract is an albatross, and his health is always an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So according to Schefter this morning, the Patriots are the only landing spot for Jimmy G, that no other teams are likely to trade for him.

If that’s the case, why should the Patriots give up a 2nd for him? Offer a third at the most. That contract is an albatross, and his health is always an issue.

That's the case with Julio Jones as well. The contracts are bad and given that 49ers and Falcons will be better off with a trade (post June 2 trade for the Falcons) they will not get much for either player. I used to think a third for him, now I think that's too high. Ditto Jones. Not that he isn't a grat player, he is, but that contract....

So in the past few hours I have seen multiple stories about the Patriots working with Garoppolo on a restructure in order to facilitate a trade. 🤷‍♂️

So in the past few hours I have seen multiple stories about the Patriots working with Garoppolo on a restructure in order to facilitate a trade. 🤷‍♂️

Lemming mentality following Dale Arnold off the cliff & into the ocean.

Look, it could happen, but Dale Arnold isn't the guy to break that story.
JG's value is 0 after Shanahan's presser...why would BB give value for a guy who will be released before his next 9ers check is written?

Who's the odd man out or do we keep all three QBs? I am just assuming Stidham would be out, but thinking back to when Brady was drafted and we kept 3 QBs on the roster. Do we do that again? Does Stidham have any trade value?

Who's the odd man out or do we keep all three QBs? I am just assuming Stidham would be out, but thinking back to when Brady was drafted and we kept 3 QBs on the roster. Do we do that again? Does Stidham have any trade value?
I think we keep all three. In 2001, we actually kept 4 QBs, but then we started the season with 51 players. BB said we only had 51 NFL-quality players. A good move, because cause we snagged Joe Andruzzi off waivers when the Packers tried to slip him onto their practice squad.

Shanahan has his QB for the future in Trey Lance. But Lance is the least NFL ready of the top 5 QBs so he'll need at least a year to learn.
Now we know why JimmyG is still a 49er but that relationship could soon become untenable as JG won't want to be the bridge he's suddenly become.
Although he has $25M good reasons to shut up and do his job.

Where does JG go now that the Pats have Mac Jones and the 9ers have their guy? JG could be screwed as a starter after this year.

Jimmy could be on his way to GB. Rodgers list of prefered teams I just heard on NFL on Sirius are Raiders , 49ers & Broncos

Two weeks ago I posted about GB's reluctance to extend Rodgers and that it would lead to discord. Looks like Rodgers is fed up with their front office which initially told him they'd trade him this off season and then backed off of that. Inept.
It's pretty serious when Rodgers tells his GB team mates that he won't be coming back.

The Packers are the big losers for mismanaging relations with Rodgers

View: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1388164759573483520

Where does JG go now that the Pats have Mac Jones and the 9ers have their guy? JG could be screwed as a starter after this year.

Yep, that was my first thought when they drafted Lance. He (JimmyG) will play this year, but will probably be cut after that.

Last edited:
The Pats got their QB of the future, have rebuilt the offense, and severely strengthened the defense, and there are still 4 rounds to go.

Pats are killing the offseason and stand to be a force to reckon with for years to come.

This has been a tremendous 1-year rebuilding plan by Darth Hoodie and company.

Cap hell last year turned into a great transformation after an expensive QB moved on with much cap space for next year.

Youth movement and smart signings has this team right back in the thick of things.

I‘m quite happy right now..... lots of stuff seem to have fallen into the Pats laps and I’m ok with that.

~Dee~

It's going to be a dogfight for the division with the new suddenly competent Bills and Fins, but I have high hopes that thinks will come together by Thanksgiving and we can do better in the playoffs than the last two years (one appearance, no wins).

It's going to be a dogfight for the division with the new suddenly competent Bills and Fins, but I have high hopes that thinks will come together by Thanksgiving and we can do better in the playoffs than the last two years (one appearance, no wins).
No doubt but IMHO the advantage may change favorably in our direction sooner then we may have thought and if not it’s ok things will level out sooner rather then later and I’m ok with both. Nothing good happens fast....

~Dee~

Back