Looking at the Patriots 2024

When I quit drinking I kept a couple of old drinking buddies around because they were occasionally funny. AAfter a while though I figured out that even though they were only a mild inconvenience I could ignore, why bother? Every minute spent with them was a minute I could be enjoying myself in the presence of someone less rancorous. Maybe I did miss a gem this time but life's just too short to waste it on people "who are okay once in a while."
Clever. No one wanted to hang out with me when I quit, because I wasn't drinking anymore. "It's weird", I was told.

Apples and Oranges. Patriots had the #1 overall pick, and Bledsoe was the best prospect in the draft. It was a slam-dunk, no-brainer pick for a team that hadn't had a QB in years.

Drake Maye and Jayden Daniels aren't the best prospects in the draft, not even the best QB prospects, and you're drafting at #3.
Sorry but that's just not true, there was a ton of debate between Bledsoe and Myer at the time. Yet that's really not the point, you can like or hate them, but the reality is that both Daniels and Maye are as good prospects as you'll likely see in any draft. Passing on either of them because you're worried about the other talent on the roster would be a massive mistake. If it's the right QB, it's the right QB.

Sorry but that's just not true, there was a ton of debate between Bledsoe and Myer at the time. Yet that's really not the point, you can like or hate them, but the reality is that both Daniels and Maye are as good prospects as you'll likely see in any draft. Passing on either of them because you're worried about the other talent on the roster would be a massive mistake. If it's the right QB, it's the right QB.
Not real debate. The same debate between Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf. No one actually believed Ryan Leaf was better, except the idiot Chargers who talked themselves into it. You're talking about manufactured sports talk radio debates like 'Should the Patriots trade a first for Justin Fields'.

You think Daniels and Maye are amazing, I could just as easily say they're Trey Lance and Zach Wilson. I learned my lesson in 2021.

It was actually Rick Mirer, but you're absolutely correct. There was a huge debate at the time back when there was little internet presence or even a decent web browser (anyone remember Mosaic from CERN?). Bledsoe was a younger Elway, and Mirer the next Staubach.

Patriots made the right choice. Colts later made even better right choices twice: Peyton Manning over Ryan Leaf and Andrew Luck over RGIII.

At this point no one knows who the best QBs will be among the six guys who might be first round picks. It might even be someone from Day Three or an UDFA.

"You think you know but you don't know."

Yeah, delaying practices for a week bc your coaches aren't prepared to coach is a bad look for Mayo. I can't believe I agree with Ted Johnson here but
there's no other way to take this.

View: https://twitter.com/NBCSBoston/status/1775565316250091762

Ted Johnson looks like whatever Marvel character is made of stone. that one of the Fantastic four or something? too cool for Marvel :coffee:

(now Star Wars, that's what cools guys like me are into.... :dith: )

It's clown season down there is all that can be said. Be very interesting to see how this all turns out.

Jesus Christ. Way to start things off by looking like an incompetent buffoon, Mayo.
If they're this unprepared. What's going to happen on draft day. The only consistency is Same shit Different off season signing :coffee:

Last edited:
I've got this sinking feeling lately that any hope I had that we can be competitive is not happening.

I had been thinking that if we just added 5 useful starters on Offense then that would be enough, but optimism
over our chances just seems more stupid every day. Literally nobody believes we can win half of our games and most
think that 4 or 5 is about right, so it must be me.

So, Mayo and his staff will struggle to put together game plans that can outfox more experienced opponents, the "kindler/
gentler" Mayo philosophy will result in an undisciplined, lazy team, our FA class is a waste of what little money we spent, If we
draft Maye or Daniels then they'll prove to be overmatched in the NFL, if we trade down then the media will go negative and if
we don't then they'll say we should have traded down. We have no roster, no chance and no hope. Even our Defense, which has
been considered solid, will probably start falling apart.

Does that about sum it up? I'm sure I'm forgetting some bad shit, but it was hard to even type that paragraph.

Back