Looking at the Patriots 2024

🤔☕

Looks to me like Brady is saying to the owners "if you don't allow me to become part owner of the Raiders I'll come back & haunt you on the field".
Pretty krafty move but does anyone think he'd actually follow through with it? Last year, maybe.

If Brock Purdy gets knocked out for the season next December, why not? Something tells me Brady could still get the ball to Debo, Kittle and company.

Looks to me like Brady is saying to the owners "if you don't allow me to become part owner of the Raiders I'll come back & haunt you on the field".
Pretty krafty move but does anyone think he'd actually follow through with it? Last year, maybe.
Imagine him signing with the patriots and then winning a Super Bowl.

I've learned never to doubt that man ...

“I think for me a lot of things were very difficult early on, and there was a lot of challenges though high school and college. So, by the time I got to my professional career with the Patriots, whatever challenges there were I felt like, ‘Oh f***, I’ve dealt with this in the past, I know how to deal with this. I’m just gonna work harder, I’m gonna care more, I’m gonna put more time in, I’m gonna show up earlier, I’m gonna work later, I’m gonna study more, and I’m gonna do things that other people aren’t willing to do’…That’s how I had to do it through high school and college. I was lucky to learn those lessons at a young age… a lot of kids they’re not prepared for… all the attention… next— their first bit of adversity comes when they’re professional… then you end up having a really short career because you don’t know how to deal with it when things don’t go your way.”

View: https://twitter.com/LosTalksPats/status/1778589576954880004

“I think for me a lot of things were very difficult early on, and there was a lot of challenges though high school and college. So, by the time I got to my professional career with the Patriots, whatever challenges there were I felt like, ‘Oh f***, I’ve dealt with this in the past, I know how to deal with this. I’m just gonna work harder, I’m gonna care more, I’m gonna put more time in, I’m gonna show up earlier, I’m gonna work later, I’m gonna study more, and I’m gonna do things that other people aren’t willing to do’…That’s how I had to do it through high school and college. I was lucky to learn those lessons at a young age… a lot of kids they’re not prepared for… all the attention… next— their first bit of adversity comes when they’re professional… then you end up having a really short career because you don’t know how to deal with it when things don’t go your way.”
This is such a good quote and so true. I think what frustrates me the most about this generation of athletes across all sports is the lack of work ethic and expecting things to just be handed to them. I have stopped following so many sports I used to follow because I just can't stand the modern athlete. I know, I know, I sound old. LOL

I'd take TB12 back. The main reason he left is gone, which is Gisele. So, I think he is a top 10 QB next season easily and draft some weapons for him, trade for Aiyuk...and voila. Have the new kid learn under him. Then I am not as worried about trading a second next season for Aiyuk.

Gronk at the Red Sox :rofl:

Classic Gronk! Love it!

When he used the Lombardi to bunt the ball and dented the trophy was my ALL time favorite Gronk moment.

Mike Reiss' Quick Hits today

3. 'X' receiver: Wolf shared insight Thursday on what type of receiver he believes the team doesn't yet have when he said, "Do we have players that on a 3x1 [alignment] can beat the backside coverage every single time? I'm not sure we have that just yet."

5. They said it: "Definitely a lot of things to like -- the technique and the fact he's won a lot of football games -- but if I'm drafting someone in the top five, I want to know I can trust him to win games with his right arm. We never saw the pressure on him to make throw after throw after throw, week after week, to carry his football team. You will have to do that in the National Football League. So that is a huge question for me ... I don't think I'd take him in the top five." -- Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Kurt Warner, on Michigan quarterback J.J. McCarthy, during a Friday appearance on ESPN's "Get Up"

6. Belichick's insight: Bill Belichick's appearance as a guest analyst on "The Pat McAfee Show Draft Spectacular" -- airing the opening night of the draft on YouTube and ESPN+ -- figures to be compelling. Belichick's 32-minute appearance on McAfee's show Wednesday included insightful discussion for those invested in the quality of the NFL's on-field product, specifically with how Belichick envisions the NFL's new kickoff rules impacting play and roster building.

"It looks like it is going to include another 1,500 plays in the game, leaguewide, that we didn't have in the last couple years, so I think there's more opportunity for players to play on special teams than there had been when 90% of the kickoffs are going out of the end zone," Belichick said. "I think that might affect the bottom part of the roster.

"And because there is really no running involved -- the kicking team is already down there, the return team is already set up -- there will be more of an emphasis on size players than speed ... I do think that because everybody is spread across the field, if these returners hit a little bit of space, they're gone because it's going to be a lot harder to overlap than it was in the past."

7. Eyes on TEs: The Patriots quietly brought free agent tight ends Brycen Hopkins (Rams), Sean McKeon (Cowboys) and Mitchell Wilcox (Bengals) in for workouts late last week, which could reflect the desire to add another layer to the depth chart of Henry, Austin Hooper and La'Michael Pettway.

The team enters the second phase of its voluntary offseason program this week -- expanding from exclusively strength and conditioning work to on-field individual football drills, among other things -- so the timing might make sense to make a move now.

I'd take TB12 back. The main reason he left is gone, which is Gisele. So, I think he is a top 10 QB next season easily and draft some weapons for him, trade for Aiyuk...and voila. Have the new kid learn under him. Then I am not as worried about trading a second next season for Aiyuk.

You're welcome, Viper. :rofl:

Back