Looking at the Patriots 2024

I have been out of the loop for a few weeks. My father passed away. He lived a long life, not too much suffering. Very blessed.
Oh, I’m so, so sorry, Mazz. My condolences to you and your family. I know we get snarky with each other, but I’m truly sorry for your loss. Pater tuus requiescat in pace.

That was interesting. Mike believes Wolf is here to stay. Clearly.
Which route does he go. Take the Vikings deal address. The big needs at QB, WR & Tackle. Go with the demand for a Top QB. I think this will be the first draft. We don’t see the usual WTF trade or pick

Last edited:
If he picks the wrong guy at #3, he's gone in 3 years.
I don't think so. This rebuild does not hinge on just one pick ... there is so much work that has to be done.

He's the GM. If he picks a QB bust, he's gone.
I think there are layers to this. First, he has to pick a QB at 3 which I think he is going to do. Second, he will develop him as that is why we was brought in in the first place. GB has done a great job developing its QBs over 3 decades. So I think the process has to play out. I think if he gets QB and provides him with the proper development and solid team around him then there is a little chance of a complete bust IMO.

Kyle Dugger’s 4-year, $58m contract with the Patriots has 2 years and $29.75m fully guaranteed, plus a conditional $2.75m guarantee in the 3rd season.

Comes with an $18m signing bonus, $34.25m in salary ($11.75m guaranteed) per-game bonuses totaling $5m, and workout bonuses totaling $750k.

Max Cash by year: $21m, $11m, $12.5m, $13.5m.

Cap numbers: $7.5m, $15.5m, $17m, $18m.

Was set to make $13m on the transition tag. Nice contract for Dugger as one of the leaders on defense.

I think there are layers to this. First, he has to pick a QB at 3 which I think he is going to do. Second, he will develop him as that is why we was brought in in the first place. GB has done a great job developing its QBs over 3 decades. So I think the process has to play out. I think if he gets QB and provides him with the proper development and solid team around him then there is a little chance of a complete bust IMO.
This is definitely true, but either way he'd be fired. If the guy he picks isn't good enough for the NFL, or if he fails to surround him with talent. Either way, he's fired.

This is definitely true, but either way he'd be fired. If the guy he picks isn't good enough for the NFL, or if he fails to surround him with talent. Either way, he's fired.
I really don't think it is that black and white. He is trying to rebuild the team. Finding the QB is really difficult. If he is able to build a solid team then he will get leeway on the QB because it is such a crap shoot on who will be a good starter/fanchise QB ...

2 weeks exactly until draft night. Oh boy.
When that Pats were still good, I used to get HUGE anxiety about the draft. How was Bill going to outsmart everybody? How many trades? What was the name of every safety at Rutgers? I'd look at TONS of mock drafts. This is the first year in several that I feel that way. I'm crazy excited to see what they do.

Back