Looking at the Patriots 2024

I've got this sinking feeling lately that any hope I had that we can be competitive is not happening.

I had been thinking that if we just added 5 useful starters on Offense then that would be enough, but optimism
over our chances just seems more stupid every day. Literally nobody believes we can win half of our games and most
think that 4 or 5 is about right, so it must be me.

So, Mayo and his staff will struggle to put together game plans that can outfox more experienced opponents, the "kindler/
gentler" Mayo philosophy will result in an undisciplined, lazy team, our FA class is a waste of what little money we spent, If we
draft Maye or Daniels then they'll prove to be overmatched in the NFL, if we trade down then the media will go negative and if
we don't then they'll say we should have traded down. We have no roster, no chance and no hope. Even our Defense, which has
been considered solid, will probably start falling apart.

Does that about sum it up? I'm sure I'm forgetting some bad shit, but it was hard to even type that paragraph.

If only we had access to a world class head coach to fix these types of issues. One that could mask the overall ineptitude of the ownership for decades…

I've got this sinking feeling lately that any hope I had that we can be competitive is not happening.

I had been thinking that if we just added 5 useful starters on Offense then that would be enough, but optimism
over our chances just seems more stupid every day. Literally nobody believes we can win half of our games and most

So, Mayo and his staff will struggle to put together game plans that can outfox more experienced opponents, the "kindler/
gentler" Mayo philosophy will result in an undisciplined, lazy team, our FA class is a waste of what little money we spent, If we
draft Maye or Daniels then they'll prove to be overmatched in the NFL, if we trade down then the media will go negative and if
we don't then they'll say we should have traded down. We have no roster, no chance and no hope. Even our Defense, which has

Does that about sum it up? I'm sure I'm forgetting some bad shit, but it was hard to even type that paragraph.
That's just because you can't win half of 17 games. :coffee:

Yeah, my optimism has been dying slowly too.

If only we had access to a world class head coach to fix these types of issues. One that could mask the overall ineptitude of the ownership for decades…
Ah, come on, we'd never be in that position. One of the greatest coaches of all time? Here? A coach who could make a silk purse out of a sow's ear? A coach who could catch up players who nobody thought would make it? And god forbid, a coach who could deliver one Super Bowl, maybe even many?

If only poor Robert could be so lucky to find a coach like that.

I just wasted over 30 minutes listening to Patriots Unfiltered and a big bust-up between Fred and Paul.

Paul rightly expressed his concern about Jerod saying he's not ready to start OTAs, and Fred tried to say it's nothing, and he went way OTT in defending Mayo and ended up putting words in Paul's mouth, claiming Paul was saying that Mayo is basically shit and we're doomed etc. It was nothing of the sort. Perillo was simply saying what many of us were expressing, that this is not a good look and why is the HC not ready?

The quarrel was revealing in that Fred, an employee of the Krafts and boss of the team in the studio, to me, was expressing the paranoia and deep-down worry they all likely have about this new era; Fred was ridiculously prickly about this and hyper-defensive.

Get ready, folks; the Patriots coaching staff, the ownership and their lackeys in the media are going to give Sadam Hussein's spokesman, Comical Ali, a run for his money. Get ready for propaganda central!

5feab358ec90530a4c2434fa2365107ec1c4cb4f

I just wasted over 30 minutes listening to Patriots Unfiltered and a big bust-up between Fred and Paul.

Paul rightly expressed his concern about Jerod saying he's not ready to start OTAs, and Fred tried to say it's nothing, and he went way OTT in defending Mayo and ended up putting words in Paul's mouth, claiming Paul was saying that Mayo is basically shit and we're doomed etc. It was nothing of the sort. Perillo was simply saying what many of us were expressing, that this is not a good look and why is the HC not ready?

The quarrel was revealing in that Fred, an employee of the Krafts and boss of the team in the studio, to me, was expressing the paranoia and deep-down worry they all likely have about this new era; Fred was ridiculously prickly about this and hyper-defensive.

Get ready, folks; the Patriots coaching staff, the ownership and their lackeys in the media are going to give Sadam Hussein's spokesman, Comical Ali, a run for his money. Get ready for propaganda central!

5feab358ec90530a4c2434fa2365107ec1c4cb4f
I thought Perillo was paid by the Pats to, no?

I thought Perillo was paid by the Pats to, no?
He is, but he has a lot of other gigs outside the Patriots and to his credit, he doesn't toe the party line and is often the lone voice among the others. Now he does drive me mad sometimes as he's bloody belligerent and can be a sarky fucker, but he is honest and speaks his mind.

Given the negative atmosphere that clearly hangs over this team, I'm looking forward to the Draft and think it's going to give us a
reason to......well....maybe not exactly hope, but to at least pause before going all Nietzsche on the upcoming season and the future of the Pats.

I think I'm going to be able to find something to believe in soon enough, because we can't just collectively cave in because all the
media people are happily administering a blood eagle to the entire organization. Maybe it's like Freddie himself liked to say:

You must be ready to burn yourself in your own flame; how can you rise anew if you have not first become ashes?

I might just use the next few weeks to get the venom and fear out of my system before shit starts changing and a grudging respect for us
taking a chance on a stud QB in the draft signals that rock bottom is past tense and we're tunneling out of this prison one spoonful at a time.

A stud QB, two OTs with upside, a viable X and a couple of skill guys. T-minus 3 weeks.

Actually you left out the Krafts' continuing contributions to the mayhem surrounding the team.
  • No GM, no GOAT HC and voted an "F" as an owner by the players.
  • The acting GM is a lame duck whose contract runs out soon after the draft with no assurances of being re-signed with a proper title.
  • The Brinks Truck has been locked and the keys have been given to Mayo's adviser, Robyn Glaser and the duplicate set is hidden deep in Jonathan's floor safe.
  • Not to mention The Dynasty, Kraft Dynasty, LLC, and RKK opening his piehole far too often showing he's possibly the most vengeful meddler of all the meddling owners.

I see some light though
We should feel a lot better after Bill's new book is published.

Actually you left out the Krafts' continuing contributions to the mayhem surrounding the team.
  • No GM, no GOAT HC and voted an "F" as an owner by the players.
  • The acting GM is a lame duck whose contract runs out soon after the draft with no assurances of being re-signed with a proper title.
  • The Brinks Truck has been locked and the keys have been given to Mayo's adviser, Robyn Glaser and the duplicate set is hidden deep in Jonathan's floor safe.
  • Not to mention The Dynasty, Kraft Dynasty, LLC, and RKK opening his piehole far too often showing he's possibly the most vengeful meddler of all the meddling owners.

I see some light though
We should feel a lot better after Bill's new book is published.

Yeah, I could have rambled on, but felt like I needed a shower after that brief synopsis and quit early.

RKK is definitely coming down the backstretch of his Patriots reign. For a man of his accomplishments in business, he
frequently proves to be cringe-worthy in his statements. Running his mouth looking to deflect blame away
from himself when his prime target is the one guy on Earth who simply will not publicly defend himself in any way by pointing the
finger at anybody else-- no matter how easy that might be in a particular case. Or at least, hasn't so far.

My understanding of Bill's book is that, unfortunately, it's focus will be on the lessons he's learned involved with leadership and things
of that nature. A book suited more for the business book display at a library or bookstore. If that is correct then there will probably be a
chapter of detailing how it's generally best to let people say whatever they want about you while you go about your business and ignore
them.

I don't think Bill will ever write a tell-all, but if he did, it wouldn't be until after he fully retires from coaching. That, however, is one book I'd
definitely like to read. I definitely don't happen to believe that Bill benched Malcolm Butler for "personal reasons" as Bob the Blabber stated
in The Dynasty just before placing that loss squarely on him.

You decided way back then, Robert? The big question for me is if Mayo can actually, you know, coach the game. There seems to be a disconnect to me between liking a person's
leadership skills and then to reward the person with a head coaching job that replaces the best to ever do it.

View: https://twitter.com/LosTalksPats/status/1773402541444972686

so with this timeline kraft is basically saying he chose bb over brady while also saying he thought mayo was next hc? :dith::bozo:
He did say that was his biggest regret. Damn Kraft was waiting for BB to fail. To replace him with Mayo .

He did say that was his biggest regret. Damn Kraft was waiting for BB to fail. To replace him with Mayo .
Bill was 68 when Brady left. He had a transition in place which is smart business for an owner with a HC that old ...

My take from this: Kraft didn't look at Mayo and think, "I'm firing Bill and Mayo is my new head coach". I think he meant he looked at Mayo and said, "When I have to replace Bill, that's the guy I want."

JUST. MY. HUMBLE. OPINION.

My take from this: Kraft didn't look at Mayo and think, "I'm firing Bill and Mayo is my new head coach". I think he meant he looked at Mayo and said, "When I have to replace Bill, that's the guy I want."

JUST. MY. HUMBLE. OPINION.
I don't think that's the point here, it's more the fact that Kraft has said out loud he decided on Mayo as his next HC based on how he "behaved" in Israel. I mean what the hell? Is that really the basis you use to decide on a head coach, how many times he bows his head at the wailing wall?

I don't think that's the point here, it's more the fact that Kraft has said out loud he decided on Mayo as his next HC based on how he "behaved" in Israel. I mean what the hell? Is that really the basis you use to decide on a head coach, how many times he bows his head at the wailing wall?
I doubt he meant that the way Mayo acted on that trip was the ONLY thing that made him feel that way. Just that it stuck out to him as a moment he realized he had a good leader on his staff who might be able to take over after Bill. We'll never know.

Pretty much sums it up for me, except that if we think Robert Kraft is a cheap-ass weasel, just wait until Jonathan takes the reins.

Back