Mac Jones Is Our QB1

...through the first 12 weeks of the season, Mac Jones' catchable throws have led to an all-time low drop rate for Patriots receivers and a 8-4 record that is good for first place in the AFC East.

The Patriots currently have the lowest drop rate in the NFL at just 3.3%. New England leads the next-best team by .3 percentage points. The Patriots have never had a lower drop rate in the PFF era, and it's the third-lowest of any team in that span.

Jones is currently the best rookie QB in the NFL and PFF’s seventh-highest graded (83.9) signal-caller. He ranks second among qualified NFL quarterbacks in drop rate behind Kyler Murray of the Arizona Cardinals. New England receivers have caught the highest percentage of catchable footballs this season at 93.8%.

So, does Jones throw an especially “catchable” ball? Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels answered with an emphatic “definitely.”

Jones ranks second in PFF’s accurate throw percentage. At 64.0%, it’s also the highest ever for a rookie in the PFF era. Perhaps just as importantly, he has the lowest uncatchable inaccurate throw percentage at just 14.7%, the lowest rate ever for a rookie QB in the PFF era. He gives his receivers a chance on 85.3% of his throws, which is highest among qualified NFL quarterbacks.

Impressive stuff for sure! Mac seemed to be throwing a lot of his passes a little high yesterday and missing a wide open Henry can’t happen, especially against the remaining schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think this was when he ran and slide down, then when he got up he threw the 1st down sign...Even though he was 2 yards short LOL. not sure who all saw that.
He said he did that because he thought he was going to get the penalty tacked on the end of that because they hit him when he was going down. He forgot that in the NFL that only counts if your sliding down feet first, which he was not

Impressive stuff for sure! Mac seemed to be throwing a lot of his passes a little high yesterday and missing a wide open Henry can’t happen, especially against the remaining schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. This is what made me wonder about getting used to cold footballs.

I know this has been posted many-a-time, but this is aging like fine wine straight out Drew's vineyard. That poor Jets fan knew.

LOL!!!!!

The best is the kid to his left who feels an outburst coming once Mac's name is announced. The Darnold jersey just makes it funnier.

And that's WITH Nelson Agholor on the team. :coffee:
Overblown. When your QB is Carson Wentz, all bets are off in terms of WRs diving for poorly thrown balls. Agholor certainly hurt us in the SB and was Philly's best all around WR in those years.

Back