Mac Jones Is Our QB1

Quotes from what Dean Pees said. Listen to the audio. Enlightening how BB taught Brady how to read defenses and respond properly.

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1550848275179249664

Fake news!!!

Tom Brady came out of the womb able to read NFL defenses that hadn't even been invented yet.

To suggest Bill Belichick had anything at all to do with the development of the holy one is blaspheming, completely umpossible.

Fake news!!!

Tom Brady came out of the womb able to read NFL defenses that hadn't even been invented yet.

To suggest Bill Belichick had anything at all to do with the development of the holy one is blaspheming, completely umpossible.
There are days that I can only pray for the people who actually believe like that.

Guess there are still some doubters/non-believers
NFL second-year QBs outlook for 2022: Can Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Trey Lance take the next step?

here's the offending part... each QB gets a "Season Outlook"

Season outlook​

I've been on the record with this take -- Jones had one of the more overrated rookie seasons at the quarterback position in quite some time. Probably since Sam Bradford in 2010. Universally lauded as a dazzling debut year in the NFL for the first two-thirds of it, Jones wasn't making many difficult throws each week, and the Patriots' seven-game winning streak was buoyed by stingy defensive efforts. Down the stretch, when Jones was needed to make difficult throws either against pressure or tight coverage, he flopped.

I do think Jones can be a decently successful precision-based quarterback in a league increasingly loaded with amazing improvisers. But I can't envision him playing with the likes of the rest of the NFL's youth movement at the quarterback spot because of his athletic and arm-talent restraints.

NFL second-year QBs outlook for 2022: Can Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Trey Lance take the next step?

Season outlook​

I've been on the record with this take -- Jones had one of the more overrated rookie seasons at the quarterback position in quite some time. Probably since Sam Bradford in 2010. Universally lauded as a dazzling debut year in the NFL for the first two-thirds of it, Jones wasn't making many difficult throws each week, and the Patriots' seven-game winning streak was buoyed by stingy defensive efforts. Down the stretch, when Jones was needed to make difficult throws either against pressure or tight coverage, he flopped.

I do think Jones can be a decently successful precision-based quarterback in a league increasingly loaded with amazing improvisers. But I can't envision him playing with the likes of the rest of the NFL's youth movement at the quarterback spot because of his athletic and arm-talent restraints.

Comical. Some of these "experts" still can't get past their Patriot hate. He looks like he googled "Mac Jones pre-season weakness" and ignored the actual season.

Season outlook​

i bet i know who wrote that! 😁

Consider this.....................

Bill Belichick is considered to be a defensive genius. Every single thing the man did with the Giants, Jets or Patriots has been used, reused and has or is part of every NFL defense today.

He's decided to become more involved with the Patriots offense in 2022. Knowing what we know about his defensive ability, why couldn't he develop offenses that would counter-attack every single thing a defense could possibly show?

I think Mac will throw for near or just over 5000 yards and will throw 30-40 TDs. In 2021 he threw for almost 4000 and 22 TDs. He'll question himself less and take the bull by the horns.

My question is this: Can Mac produce enough offense to offset what the defense gives up?

Consider this.....................

Bill Belichick is considered to be a defensive genius. Every single thing the man did with the Giants, Jets or Patriots has been used, reused and has or is part of every NFL defense today.

He's decided to become more involved with the Patriots offense in 2022. Knowing what we know about his defensive ability, why couldn't he develop offenses that would counter-attack every single thing a defense could possibly show?

I think Mac will throw for near or just over 5000 yards and will throw 30-40 TDs. In 2021 he threw for almost 4000 and 22 TDs. He'll question himself less and take the bull by the horns.

My question is this: Can Mac produce enough offense to offset what the defense gives up?
Mac Jones Season Stats predictions time.... I like it!
I'll go 4,500 yds, 36 tds, < 12 pics (goofy deflection type pics that aren't his fault but happen could put that in the 12 - 15 range)

agree that we don't know what defense will give up so what Pats record will be is for another prediction thread

I also expect pats will pound it a lot, keeping Mac's yards down a bit relative to teams that just chuck it all over, and I'm fine with pounding it. love when pats ground game is going!

Season outlook​

:4321:

Mac Jones Season Stats predictions time.... I like it!
I'll go 4,500 yds, 36 tds, < 12 pics (goofy deflection type pics that aren't his fault but happen could put that in the 12 - 15 range)

agree that we don't know what defense will give up so what Pats record will be is for another prediction thread

I also expect pats will pound it a lot, keeping Mac's yards down a bit relative to teams that just chuck it all over, and I'm fine with pounding it. love when pats ground game is going!
This is sorta where I am. Maybe more like 4200, but yeah. If they do that, and still get around 2K on the ground, that's a top 5 offense.

This is sorta where I am. Maybe more like 4200, but yeah. If they do that, and still get around 2K on the ground, that's a top 5 offense.
I first put 4,200 then changed to 4,300 (which is probably more accurate) then figured I'd go for it and put 4,500.
tbh I'm overshooting a bit and between 4,200 - 4,300 is more like it.

I actually was surprised by this response from Bill. I thought for ‘Bill speak’ this was positively gushing.
Luckily we have Hawg to interpret it for us.

I actually was surprised by this response from Bill. I thought for ‘Bill speak’ this was positively gushing.
Luckily we have Hawg to interpret it for us.
I agree. Very over the top for Bill. Mac must look really good coming into camp. I will be going Thursday and am looking forward to seeing him live.

Back