Mac Jones Is Our QB1

I love the OC in Dallas - Moore. Would love to see him with us if we can ever pry him away.
Oh, I don't say that as me not liking Josh. He's probably the best in the Perkins-Erhardt system in the league today.

Moore runs a descendant of the timing based system that the 90s cowboys, the early 2000s Rams, and the 97-99 Patriots ran under Zampese. No thank you.

Oh, I don't say that as me not liking Josh. He's probably the best in the Perkins-Erhardt system in the league today.

Moore runs a descendant of the timing based system that the 90s cowboys, the early 2000s Rams, and the 97-99 Patriots ran under Zampese. No thank you.
you needto post more. And in more depth.

I think Moore would be fine learning and running our system. His play call timing is simply awesome.

Offensive coordinators at this level don't just suddenly learn new systems. It takes years.

His next stop is probably as a HC anyway.
The difference with how Dak looks with him is eye popping. He is the reason Dak got the big contract. What is interesting to me is Zeke Elliott looks like a shell of what he was before he got his $90 mil so Dak is really doing this by himself. Something else I realized about Dallas watching them play the last 2 weeks, they may have the deepest set of WRs only behind the Bucs. Their guys are so dynamic and get a ton of YAC. We will have our hands full with them when we play them in a few weeks.

I hate to post this. However I heard Rex Ryan say that Zach Wilson is the best Jets QB since Joe Namath.
The windbag also said that if he were coaching the Jets he would have whipped Mac's ass.
Hello Rex, you were fired as the HC of the Jets and fired as HC of the Bill's. Some people don't mind putting their foot in their mouths.(if you get my drift)

I hate to post this. However I heard Rex Ryan say that Zach Wilson is the best Jets QB since Joe Namath.
The windbag also said that if he were coaching the Jets he would have whipped Mac's ass.
Hello Rex, you were fired as the HC of the Jets and fired as HC of the Bill's. Some people don't mind putting their foot in their mouths.(if you get my drift)
Rex Ryan has to be one of the dumbest people I've ever seen.

Wilson looks like a bust. He's not playing Coastal Carolina this year. When you see a guy with happy feet, running out of the pocket to bide time to make plays off of a broken play because he doesn't want to go through his progressions, those are major red flags.

He has nice arm and is athletic. That's not enough. How does a guy at North Dakota State like Lance or Wilson at BYU somehow become a better prospect than a guy in the SEC with that schedule?

How does Joe Burrow go #1 one year with great SEC numbers and then Jones essentially have arguably the greatest college season ever, beating out a 5 stare recruit, winning a national title lighting up the screen, and then somehow be a worse prospect than both and worse than Burrow?

Answer: Because people are dumb and get too cute and Jones fell into NE's lap.

Last edited:

It's complicated. Kellen Moore is running a fusion of Air Coryell, West Coast and Oregon's fly offense with lots of motion and de-emphasizing the power running game.
1. Zampese came out of the Don Coryell tree and ran the Air Coryell offense which was great to watch in the '80s. Jason Garret used a toned down version of this system in Dallas. You're right that it didn't work here.
2. But now add in West Coast = Bill Walsh ---> Paul Hackett ---> Mike McCarthy
3. And for Moore's influences ---> Chris Peterson's Boise State offense utilized a fusion of 1 and 2 above added to the Mike Belloti-Chip Kelly Oregon quick spread then added the simple
4. Erhardt-Perkins language and you have the Peterson's Fly Offense built around lots of motion and jet sweeps.

It's exciting to watch and the language is pure Erhardt-Perkins which has made things a lot easier for Dak. I think of it as our O on speed.

Last edited:
When Rexy buts his foot in his mouth, he is the sole benficiary.

Cheers

I don't think it is about 80 yard bombs as those never come up in a game except for Hail Mary's. I think it is more about throwing the deeper routes that require the ball to come in on a laser versus the floaters down the sideline like he has hit to White a couple of times. I am just guessing like everyone else as to why he is not attempting more down field throws in the 20-40 yard range. It could be a combo of coaching and also him trusting his arm and his receivers. We really don't have skill guys that can get a lot of separation except for Algahlor so that could be it too.

I like the accuracy too but for our offense to progress to its next evolution, he is going to have to start showing he can make some of the more dynamic throws down the field. I do think it will come in time and also when we have better receivers on the outside as well.
I think it's more of the play calling tbh. I mean, we move down the field get to the red zone with Jones' passing and then when we hit the red zone we go run for 1 yard, run for no gain run for 1 yard, FG.

I don't care about the 60 yard pass on a frozen rope. The speed to me, you lose accuracy. So if he wants to float a rainbow down the field as long as it's a catchable ball, I couldn't care less about the arm strength.

I think it's more of the play calling tbh. I mean, we move down the field get to the red zone with Jones' passing and then when we hit the red zone we go run for 1 yard, run for no gain run for 1 yard, FG.

I don't care about the 60 yard pass on a frozen rope. The speed to me, you lose accuracy. So if he wants to float a rainbow down the field as long as it's a catchable ball, I couldn't care less about the arm strength.
Play calling for sure. Bolden left and Bolden right.... Taylor is dynamic. Use him!

Rex Ryan is a brilliant defensive coach. He knew how to harrass Brady. His defenses were always stout whether he was with the Jets or the Bills. I do think he is doing disservice to Pennington though. He was a very good QB, he just couldn't stay healthy.

Play calling for sure. Bolden left and Bolden right.... Taylor is dynamic. Use him!
Agreed, I also think the play calling has become a bit pedestrian. I know we have 2 new receivers, 2 new TE's and a Rookie QB. But it seems like the same plays have been called year in and year out. Maybe teams have finally seen everything the Pats can throw at them? I don't know.

Agreed, I also think the play calling has become a bit pedestrian. I know we have 2 new receivers, 2 new TE's and a Rookie QB. But it seems like the same plays have been called year in and year out. Maybe teams have finally seen everything the Pats can throw at them? I don't know.
I guess what I mean is, we lack creativity in the play calling. When Taylor is in, you know what is going to happen, when White is in, you know what is going to happen and where the ball is going (how is his knee btw?). It's lack luster right now and it has been lack luster for quite some time even before Brady left.

Back