Mac Jones Is Our QB1

-
“Everybody’s just gotta calm down,” Esiason said on WEEI’s “The Greg Hill Show.” “I’m telling you, these rookie quarterbacks all through the league, every single one of them struggled yesterday. Some looked so bad and so lost that they really don’t have any business being on the field, because I don’t think they can protect themselves and I don’t think their teams are good enough to support them.

“That’s not the case in New England. New England’s a good team. Losing James White is going to hurt, no doubt about it, but they’re a solid team".
“He’s an all-in guy, there’s no question about that,” Esiason said. “We talked about that after Week 1. We talked about that after Week 2. He knows what it takes to be great in the league, and he knows there are going to be growing pains. He also takes every loss with a heavy heart, and that’s the way you want it. That’s one of the reasons I really like him, because it means that much to him.

“He’ll be at the facility very early this morning, going over tape with Josh [McDaniels] and trying to figure out what he can do better next week. … I know that Mac will put this one behind him and he’ll immediately turn his attention to the Tampa Bay Buccaneer defense. That’s just going to be the scope of what he has to learn.

“He’s fine. He’s mentally tough enough to handle this. I can’t express enough just how difficult this is for these rookie quarterbacks with everything coming at them for the first time. Getting hit, dealing with the anxiety, picking yourself back up, learning from your losses, and trying to apply it to the next game. This is part of the maturation process of all young players, especially quarterbacks.”

-

Boomer is right, of course. Rookie QBs take time in the NFL. There is so much to learn at the most difficult position to master on the field.
Mac Jones is the 5th highest graded player on the entire team, a team that is loaded with veteran players. The kid is pulling his weight just fine.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF_Patriots/status/1442878026514116608

View: https://twitter.com/PFF_Patriots/status/1442936358972973056

Everybody’s just gotta calm down,” Esiason said on WEEI’s “The Greg Hill Show.” “I’m telling you, these rookie quarterbacks all through the league, every single one of them struggled yesterday. Some looked so bad and so lost that they really don’t have any business being on the field, because I don’t think they can protect themselves and I don’t think their teams are good enough to support them.

“That’s not the case in New England. New England’s a good team.
To the bolded - are we? McCourty said yesterday that they need to stop living in the past and prove it on the field. We are worse almost across the entire board than last year and that is with much better QB play. That should concern everyone to all heck. Our Oline was supposed to be one of the tops in the league - it is a mess and it might be due to coaching. Our Dline is not getting any push or pressure. The FA skill guys have not produced with Smith looking like he does not belong on the field.

I know Esiason is a friendly of the NE area/media but he sounds like a complete boob when he makes statements like that. Right now we are literally one game better than the Jets and Jags and of course our only win was over the Jets.

To the bolded - are we? McCourty said yesterday that they need to stop living in the past and prove it on the field. We are worse almost across the entire board than last year and that is with much better QB play. That should concern everyone to all heck. Our Oline was supposed to be one of the tops in the league - it is a mess and it might be due to coaching. Our Dline is not getting any push or pressure. The FA skill guys have not produced with Smith looking like he does not belong on the field.

I know Esiason is a friendly of the NE area/media but he sounds like a complete boob when he makes statements like that. Right now we are literally one game better than the Jets and Jags and of course our only win was over the Jets.
And only one game worse than the Bucs, Bills, Chefs and Stillers.

And only one game worse than the Bucs, Bills, Chefs and Stillers.
One game worse than the Bucs and Bills, at the same point as the Chefs and Stillers, to be fair.

If we lose to the Texans, we're in trouble. Otherwise, even a relatively pessimistic view would likely predict us being 4-4 by week 8. Where we go from there, who knows. If we're 5-3 instead, even better. To achieve that though we'd need to beat one of the Bucs or the Cowboys, which I don't think is impossible by any means, but which will be tough to do for sure. Regardless, it's early in the season with a rookie QB, I don't think we need to be too worried about things yet.

One game worse than the Bucs and Bills, at the same point as the Chefs and Stillers, to be fair.

If we lose to the Texans, we're in trouble. Otherwise, even a relatively pessimistic view would likely predict us being 4-4 by week 8. Where we go from there, who knows. If we're 5-3 instead, even better. To achieve that though we'd need to beat one of the Bucs or the Cowboys, which I don't think is impossible by any means, but which will be tough to do for sure. Regardless, it's early in the season with a rookie QB, I don't think we need to be too worried about things yet.
Mea culpa.

Boomer is right, of course. Rookie QBs take time in the NFL. There is so much to learn at the most difficult position to master on the field.
Mac Jones is the 5th highest graded player on the entire team, a team that is loaded with veteran players. The kid is pulling his weight just fine.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF_Patriots/status/1442878026514116608

View: https://twitter.com/PFF_Patriots/status/1442936358972973056

Big Mac is doing fine. He needs to avoid big hits and throwing the ball more accurately on his bombs/work on getting a stronger arm...but, he is doing fine so far.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a win against the Bucs this week at all. I know it may sound crazy to some but this Bucs team has it's flaws, their secondary is awful and that O-line hasn't been great. If, and it's a big "if", we can correct the stupid penalties and get a more consistent pass rush, we have a shot. No matter what, how we play this weekend should tell us a lot about what we can expect this team to develop into. If you take the emotion out of the early disappointments, this is very typical of many Patriots teams over the last 21 years, historically there have been early season bumps in the road that had everyone panicking with Brady at QB no less. Now it remains to be seen if this team will answer but lets see what kind of heart this team has.

I really felt our schedule was favorable heading into the season - no Brees in NO and some lay ups with the Chargers, Carolina and Dallas. We already lost to NO badly and suddenly the Chargers, Carolina and Dallas all look like solid teams. Other than Houston, Jax, the Falcons and the Jets, I don't see any other easy wins and I am not sure even those teams are easy wins other than the Jets. Even the Jax can score as can the Falcons. Losing to Miami at home really hurts too as we have to go Miami to end the season and we rarely play well down there.

I really felt our schedule was favorable heading into the season - no Brees in NO and some lay ups with the Chargers, Carolina and Dallas. We already lost to NO badly and suddenly the Chargers, Carolina and Dallas all look like solid teams. Other than Houston, Jax, the Falcons and the Jets, I don't see any other easy wins and I am not sure even those teams are easy wins other than the Jets. Even the Jax can score as can the Falcons. Losing to Miami at home really hurts too as we have to go Miami to end the season and we rarely play well down there.
Blah, Pats suck, Blah, BB sucks, Blah, Brady can cure cancer…..

Wash, rinse and repeat every 10 minutes 24/7/365.

Thanks for the monotony.

Blah, Pats suck, Blah, BB sucks, Blah, Brady can cure cancer…..

Wash, rinse and repeat every 10 minutes 24/7/365.

Thanks for the monotony.
What do you feel our record will be at seasons end?

Back