Matt Patricia likely going to be Lions headcoach

Strong sources saying Josh is gone as well.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Patriots?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Patriots</a> offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels has indicated to potential assistants to wait for him. The belief is he takes the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Colts?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Colts</a> job, as he's the clear favorite, sources say. Indy's other finalist is Mike Vrabel.</p>— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/952547901988884480?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's been switching back and forth from the Lions to the Giants to the Lions for 10 days now. Every other day it changed. Either spot would be good for Patricia since the Giants offer a good FO and owner & the Lions offer better offensive players and coaches along with a good FO and owner. I've thought all along the Lions would be a great fit - all Patricia has to do is choose his DC and defensive staff and get to work on the draft.

It's been switching back and forth from the Lions to the Giants to the Lions for 10 days now. Every other day it changed. Either spot would be good for Patricia since the Giants offer a good FO and owner & the Lions offer better offensive players and coaches along with a good FO and owner. I've thought all along the Lions would be a great fit - all Patricia has to do is choose his DC and defensive staff and get to work on the draft.

He’s playing the 2 for $ n term.

Hope Matty does well. Hope he wears the Goodell clown T-shirt at his intro press conference.

I could get behind rooting for Lions as an NFC contender.

Not a Rodgers fan - media inflated vs actual accomplishments- so a division foe beating him down would be excellent.

This is the price of our amazing success: other teams want to plunder our coaching staff. Looks like once again we'll be losing our Romeo/Weiss combo, only this time it's Patricia/McD. We managed to struggle on after those prior departures. Hopefully, we won't be any more damaged now than we were then. As long as Belichick is still the maestro, I'm OK with replacing his first violins!

:patriotlogo:

I concider Patricia gone, so I really hope McDaniels stays for one more year. Losing both in the same season is not ideal.

Brian Daboll hired by the Bills. Heard he was a potential JMcD replacement if he left.

Yeah I kind of think what is going to hurt more than losing to coordinators, is losing the people they promote and take with them.

Oh no, He's the best passer ever, Football Outsiders said so, they have numbers that show it :coffee:

He may be the best passer ever...he's just not a great winner or team leader.

Sucks about Patricia. Wish him all the best in Detroit. Mularkey got the axe in Tennessee - so that opens another door for Josh to potentially exit through.

Yeah I kind of think what is going to hurt more than losing to coordinators, is losing the people they promote and take with them.

That might not be a worry.

Seems like a BB edict - I’ll help you, don’t F me.

If so, you’re dead to me.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

My hope?

Patricia gets some seasoning as HC and comes back when Bill is done.

McD is gone

Apparently to the Colts, even though Tennessee is now open.

Not ideal, as I like the thought of all ex-Pats going to the NFC. Would've been nice to see him over there with Patricia and Garop. But the Colts aren't gonna be much good for a long time. Luck never turned into the superstar they wanted and with his injury history I don't see him doing much more in his career. Their division, while not the NHL Norris Division of old, is certainly much tougher and more respectable from here on out (the Jags obviously, the coachless Titans are young and have a decent QB, Houston obviously is going to be a force still). I can see the Colts being cellar-dwellers for quite a while.

As for the Patriots, as long as Belichick is still here they'll build a good staff. In Bill We Trust.

Apparently to the Colts, even though Tennessee is now open.

Not ideal, as I like the thought of all ex-Pats going to the NFC. Would've been nice to see him over there with Patricia and Garop. But the Colts aren't gonna be much good for a long time. Luck never turned into the superstar they wanted and with his injury history I don't see him doing much more in his career. Their division, while not the NHL Norris Division of old, is certainly much tougher and more respectable from here on out (the Jags obviously, the coachless Titans are young and have a decent QB, Houston obviously is going to be a force still). I can see the Colts being cellar-dwellers for quite a while.

As for the Patriots, as long as Belichick is still here they'll build a good staff. In Bill We Trust.

As soon as McD gets to the Colts he'll trade Luck.

What, you say he's not the GM?

Trading Luck is part of the deal he bargained for when he agreed to be HC.

McD thinks he can win with Brisset and the pieces he'll get for Luck after he trades him to Cleveland.

/tongue-firmly-implanted-in-cheek

I’m pretty excited for an influx of coaches. I think that invigorates Bill too.

Is it a guarantee Schiano is brought in? Is he Offense or Defense?

Can’t wait to see the bios of the new blood. Bill struck gold when he found the rocket scientist that really just wanted to be a football coach. What’s next? Brain surgeon that really can’t escape the allure of bump n run coverage? Quantum physicist that is obsessed with sight adjust schemes?

I’m intrigued.

Back