Mayo

chef

4th Dimensional Guitar Hero
Reaction score
Biggest potential injury on the year needs it's own thread.

One of the strangest injuries i've seen in a long time.
Engages Veldheer on a standard play, run goes else where. Nothing at all in the play, stands up and looks perfectly fine. Takes a couple steps, has a quick grasp of his knee, takes a few more steps looking perfectly healthy, then stumbles before the coverage cuts to a montage of the D getting shredded, when they come he is on the ground.

For anyone looking for it 7.29 into the 2nd, the play where Spikes dumps McFadden

Hopefully it's only a grade 2 or an MCL or something and we get him back

I heard MCL injury could miss 4 weeks. Thank god for the buy after the next two games.

Another MCL injury for the team. Hopefully he does not rush back from this injury. He was not the same when he came back to early. From his last MCL sprain.

At least spikes and fletcher looked good aganst the run today.

I am very, very grateful that this isn't season-ending. I feel like we'll see a lot of this stuff, league-wide this year. There's a lot of football to be played and as it stand now, Mayo has a chance to be available for most of it.

I hope he doesn't come back to early as he didn't look particularly "football-ready" when he returned from his last MCL injury. Glad the bye will likely break-up his time missed.

I am very, very grateful that this isn't season-ending. I feel like we'll see a lot of this stuff, league-wide this year. There's a lot of football to be played and as it stand now, Mayo has a chance to be available for most of it.

I hope he doesn't come back to early as he didn't look particularly "football-ready" when he returned from his last MCL injury. Glad the bye will likely break-up his time missed.

I somehow blame a lot of these injuries on the Lockout.

Man my heart sunk like a rock when I saw him being helped off. "Only" 4-6 weeks is better than what I would have thought. Deos anyone know who was calling the defense after he got hurt? I couldn't tell who had the green dot.

I somehow blame a lot of these injuries on the Lockout.

somehow? it has everything to do with it. No OTAs, No training camp, no off season training, only three weeks to prepare for a season. umm, ya the lockout has everything to do with it. Look at how many season ending injuries have already happened this year.

4 weeks, including the JEST game, without Mayo. :banghead:

The way he was helped off the field, I thought it was worse than that. Spikes finally looked good yesterday. He and Guyton will just have to step up.

Man my heart sunk like a rock when I saw him being helped off. "Only" 4-6 weeks is better than what I would have thought. Deos anyone know who was calling the defense after he got hurt? I couldn't tell who had the green dot.

Don't know for sure but I think it was Guyton. He had the green dot when Mayo went down in 09.

This is the best news. I thought he was done for the season. We can make due and work in some other guys until he returns. Having him back for the second half playoff push will be key.

I'll be honest, I feel losing Mayo now that we're running mostly 4-3 is one of the easiest LB losses for us. Guyton, to me, is probably the best backup we have on the team by position, and is a natural Will as well, so he should be able to step in and play fantastic. I feel like Spikes being back and getting more comfortable with his new role is a bigger up than the down from Mayo to Guyton, especially going into Jets week.

That's a painful injury; I hope he heals well and soon.
Any word about Woodhead?

I'll be honest, I feel losing Mayo now that we're running mostly 4-3 is one of the easiest LB losses for us. Guyton, to me, is probably the best backup we have on the team by position, and is a natural Will as well, so he should be able to step in and play fantastic. I feel like Spikes being back and getting more comfortable with his new role is a bigger up than the down from Mayo to Guyton, especially going into Jets week.

Guyton is playing terribly right now. His lack of effort on the RB dumpoff play just before Oakland's final TD was embarrassing. He literally ran out of the way to ensure no contact.

Back