Mayo

Rumors were he was on the sideline during his injury and was acting like the LB coach. Don't we have that position open? That might be a plan for him. We know BB loved him, and the team joked about Mayo being Belichick's "son".

He's a smart guy and would be a perfect fit in the coaching tree here.

Rumors were he was on the sideline during his injury and was acting like the LB coach. Don't we have that position open? That might be a plan for him. We know BB loved him, and the team joked about Mayo being Belichick's "son".

He's a smart guy and would be a perfect fit in the coaching tree here.

Doesn't matter.

AFAIK, there are no rules regarding how many coaches one has or doesn't have.

Make him Minister without Portfolio for all I care, but hire him.

As I remember, Lisa, you have met JMayo several times. I'm told he's a nice guy who is smart so coaching may be in his future. This comes as no surprise to any of us.

CapSpace=$13,058,036 ‏<s>@</s>patscap <small class="time"> 49s50 seconds ago </small>
Mayo's FAQ

1. Dead money? 4.4m

2. Net Cap savings?6.475m

3. Would 1 or 2 be different if option was declined?No

4. new cap space=13m

Mike Loyko ‏<s>@</s>NEPD_Loyko<small class="time"> </small> Jerod Mayo has been cut or released per his instagram account. <s>#</s>Patriots

SI NFL Verified account ‏<s>@</s>si_nfl <small class="time"> 3m3 minutes ago </small> Patriots LB Jerod Mayo announces he’s leaving team, hints at possible retirement: http://on.si.com/1Vll7If

just saw the crawl on nfln so came here. i felt sad to hear it though i knew this year was likely his last as a Pat. i would love it if he stayed involved with the franchise, but he will be successful no matter what he chooses to pursue. i wish his family and him the best.

Sorry to see him go, he was one of my favorite Pats players. Hopefully the Pats organization can find another role for him on the team.

At the bottom of his statement he added "Retiring a Patriot", so he hasn't been cut.

I have met him. He's a fantastic person. I can't remember if it was TBL or Tommysgirl and I spent a night with him, Tom E., and Troy Brown a few years back at a party, and he was hilarious. He kept wiping his forehead and saying "I'm sweating. Look at me!! What's wrong with me?" We were in hysterics. He's a perfect gentleman and pretty shy.

My game day jersey was always Troy 80, but I retired it when he retired. After Mayo's rookie season I decided I wanted his number. So I went to the pro shop and got his jersey. I was walking around and saw him and Gary Guyton, and I ran over to them with my pro shop bag and told him how I wore Troy's jersey for a decade and didn't know who I was going to replace it with. Then I said I had finally decided, and pulled 51 out of the bag. He was really humbled and signed it and gave me a hug.

Yeah, one of my favorites.

Sad news, we knew it was coming and it's best for the team but sad to head all the same. Wonderful player, genuine family man and incredible hard worker. Showed glimpses of his old form this past season.

He'll always be loved by us fans anyway.

One of my favorites for sure. The time comes for all of them, sadly.

Good point made on Twitter. For a long while it seemed like it was him and Big Vince who were the defense.

@cpriceNFL Mayo was the thin piece of thread keeping everything together at times during the rebuilding of the defense from 2009-13.

Damn you know it's gonna happen but….I hope he remains on the NE payroll in some capacity.

~Dee~

Glad he got a ring and hope he is involved with the organization.

All around good guy and a hellluva player when he was at the top of his game. Sorry to see it happen. But I think we all know it had to happen.

Happy he got a ring last year. A patriot through and through. I do hope he is hired as a coach.

Back