MERGED - Mayo Signs With Pats

taltos

Beagle Defense League
Reaction score
According to a posting on Mike Reiss's blog at 6:03 am, Jerod Mayo has come to a contract agreement with the Patriots and will miss the morning practice session but will be in attendance for the second session. No contract details were listed.

Thank God. Everyone is signed now, let the football begin!:toast:

Pats reach deal with Mayo

The Patriots have reached a deal with first-round pick Jerod Mayo, according to a league source. The rookie inside linebacker, drafted with the 10th pick overall in April's draft, will be at the second of the team's two scheduled practices today, the opening day of training camp.
Mayo will not be on the field for the first practice, which is scheduled for 8:45 a.m. this morning. The second practice is set for 5:30 p.m. We will follow up with details of the deal when they become available.
The 6-foot, 1-inch, 242-pound linebacker from the University of Tennessee, who is represented by agent Sean Kiernan, is expected to immediately compete for playing time at inside linebacker in the team's 3-4 defensive scheme. He had said earlier this month that he was eager to get to camp on time.
Fan Alert
Due to the possibility of stormy weather today it's possible the Patriots could move their training camp practices indoors to the Dana-Farber Field House. If that happens, practices will not be open to the public today. Fans are asked to call the training camp hotline at 508-549-0001 or check patriots.com for the most up-to-date information before departing for Gillette Stadium.

More...

Applause.gif

Nice news. Now Tedi, Junior and the rest of the LB corps can get on with the Edjumacation of Jerod

taltos beat the Bot! Good job man and Great News for the Pats going into the first day of camp.

The pieces are falling into place, I was worried about how far behind he would be if not signed before Training Camp. This is great news woohoo

I wonder what he signed for. 10th pick in the draft...linebackers are not asking for the motherload like DE's and Qb's do.

Woooohooooo!!!! I'm exited and I'm not even a Patriots fan. I love J-rod, what a great pick up by the Patriots!!!!

Pats announce Mayo signing

The Patriots announced the signing of first-round draft choice Jerod Mayo today.
To make room for Mayo on the 80-man roster, the team released offensive lineman Lavdrim Bauta, who had been signed on Tuesday.

More...

Back