Mike Tomlin

Mr NFLfan

Reaction score
I live where the men are men and the sheep are ner
What a stand up guy! lmao

Mike Tomlin says Steelers accept responsibility for role in Browns melee

"Steelers coach Mike Tomlin opened his weekly news conference by accepting responsibility for his team's role in Thursday night's melee with the Cleveland Browns.

"It was ugly," said Tomlin, who had refused to take any questions about the incident directly after the game. "It was ugly for the game of football. I think all of us that are involved in the game, particularly at this level, want to safeguard and protect the game, its integrity. And in that instance, it was compromised, obviously, with an unfortunate incident."

Then further down the article he throws this out there.

"Tomlin rebuffed the idea that the game-ending fight could be used as a teachable moment for his team. "Nothing to learn there," he said.

He was also asked whether coaches around the league could do anything to prevent future brawls.

"I don't know," Tomlin said. "You've got to ask those guys. ... I don't know that we did anything to make it happen in the first place. That's why I said we didn't have anything to learn from it."

Way to accept accept responsibility coach.

We’ve been hearing him “accept responsibility” after every Pats game for years. It’s a postgame tradition I love.

Rudolph got a $35K fine and he deserved more imho

Mike Tomlin wrong to imply Mason Rudolph played no role in starting melee

https://theathletic.com/1392875/201...son-rudolph-played-no-role-in-starting-melee/

...pretending Rudolph was an uninterested bystander isn’t looking at reality. Everyone sees events like those through their personal prisms.
For reasons he’d have to explain, Rudolph twisted Garrett’s helmet in what looked like an attempt to rip it off. Rudolph then had his right foot in Garrett’s groin as Garrett stood and grabbed Rudolph’s facemask. Whether Rudolph kicked or pushed with his foot depends on the prism.

After Garrett finally ripped Rudolph’s helmet off, Steelers guard David DeCastro separated Garrett from Rudolph. Had sense prevailed, everyone would have walked away and there likely would have been hefty fines and (maybe) no suspensions. But Rudolph went after Garrett, which inflamed the situation. It was then when Garrett did the unconscionable and swung the helmet.

There is zero justification to say Rudolph deserved the helmet swing. Garrett’s decision can’t be justified.

But to say Rudolph did nothing to start or contribute to what became an ugly situation also isn’t justified. It wasn’t like he was standing there waiting for a bus. He was an active participant. He was involved when the melee started. He made the situation worse by going after Garrett a second time.

AFC North football, but yes this. JMO.

...And everything else. HE tried to rip off Garrets helmet and he kicked him in the balls. Then he DID get up and go after him again. So yeah, that, and everything else. Still doesn't mean he should have been hit in the head with his own helmet :D but he certainly played his part in the whole thing.

I hit my coach with my helmet once, I was 12 and just got a false start penalty. he grabbed my face mask and ripped it off my head, threw it at me and I clocked him with it upside the head.

Can you imaging that today?

Mike Tomlin wrong to imply Mason Rudolph played no role in starting melee

https://theathletic.com/1392875/201...son-rudolph-played-no-role-in-starting-melee/

...pretending Rudolph was an uninterested bystander isn’t looking at reality. Everyone sees events like those through their personal prisms.
For reasons he’d have to explain, Rudolph twisted Garrett’s helmet in what looked like an attempt to rip it off. Rudolph then had his right foot in Garrett’s groin as Garrett stood and grabbed Rudolph’s facemask. Whether Rudolph kicked or pushed with his foot depends on the prism.

After Garrett finally ripped Rudolph’s helmet off, Steelers guard David DeCastro separated Garrett from Rudolph. Had sense prevailed, everyone would have walked away and there likely would have been hefty fines and (maybe) no suspensions. But Rudolph went after Garrett, which inflamed the situation. It was then when Garrett did the unconscionable and swung the helmet.

There is zero justification to say Rudolph deserved the helmet swing. Garrett’s decision can’t be justified.

But to say Rudolph did nothing to start or contribute to what became an ugly situation also isn’t justified. It wasn’t like he was standing there waiting for a bus. He was an active participant. He was involved when the melee started. He made the situation worse by going after Garrett a second time.

Exactly what a few of us have been saying.

A week later and we're still discussing this?? :shrug:

Gronk stiffed us and our backup chick is AB, anything is better conversation than Gronks now a douche and we are ending up with the crazy broad!!!

I would think that focusing on this week's games would be more interesting, but this is the social media world we live in where arguments are circular and everyone needs to get in the last word.

I would think that focusing on this week's games would be more interesting, but this is the social media world we live in where arguments are circular and everyone needs to get in the last word.
dam MTV generation with 8 second attention span... I once built a bridge that spanned the river Charles Stuarts brother allegedly toss the gun off.

Draw bridges were the hardest to layout because of the swng calcs but it really is not that hard..

speaking of hard, hard genoa salami is good on a sandwich...

Gronk stiffed us and our backup chick is AB, anything is better conversation than Gronks now a douche and we are ending up with the crazy broad!!!

The crazy broad analogy is spot on. The memories of crazy are getting a little hazy in the memories of that one night stand. Maybe we should ask her out one more time. It will be better this time.

dam MTV generation with 8 second attention span... I once built a bridge that spanned the river Charles Stuarts brother allegedly toss the gun off.

Draw bridges were the hardest to layout because of the swng calcs but it really is not that hard..

speaking of hard, hard genoa salami is good on a sandwich...

I'm going to guess that you had a late night. :insane:

I think Tomlin is a fraud, but you can't deny that he's done a great job with that team this year. No Ben, AB nor Bell and his team is in the mix when, talent wise, they should be a 5 total win team. Gotta give credit where credit is due

dam MTV generation with 8 second attention span...
Speaking of which, I actually watched a live performance by the Scorpions last night on MTV. Not MTV2... Not MTV3... But on honest to God MTV(1).

The crazy broad analogy is spot on. The memories of crazy are getting a little hazy in the memories of that one night stand. Maybe we should ask her out one more time. It will be better this time.

Must watch!

https://youtu.be/bbpGkrViOcE

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Speaking of which, I actually watched a live performance by the Scorpions last night on MTV. Not MTV2... Not MTV3... But on honest to God MTV(1).

Wtf?!?!?

More info please!

I think Tomlin is a fraud, but you can't deny that he's done a great job with that team this year. No Ben, AB nor Bell and his team is in the mix when, talent wise, they should be a 5 total win team. Gotta give credit where credit is due
Or Ben is suck a PITA that the team responds well when he is gone...

I'm leaning towards Ben being an EPIC D-Bag

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

IF you replace Girl with wide receiver and you have the NFL Draft formula for the Diva Position

Back