Multimillionaire Segway Inventor dies while...

sonsofkraftybob

Mmmmmm, feet! Nom, Nom, Nom.
Reaction score
Riding a Segway off a cliff...kinda ironic? Don'tchathink?

The multi-millionaire owner of the Segway company died Sunday when he fell off a cliff while riding the famous motorized scooter, the Telegraph reports.

Jimi Heselden, 62, died after skidding off a cliff at his estate in Yorkshire, England. He was reportedly testing a cross-country version of the upright, two-wheeled scooter when he plunged from the cliff.

Heselden's body was later found in a river by a passerby, the newspaper reports.

"Police were called at 11: 40 a.m. yesterday to reports of a man in the River Wharfe, apparently having fallen from the cliffs above," a spokesman for the West Yorkshire police told the newspaper.

"A Segway-style vehicle was recovered. He was pronounced dead at the scene," the spokesman reportedly said. "At this time we do not believe the death to be suspicious."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/0...dies-driving-famous-scooter-cliff/?test=faces

That wasn't a very good segway:coffee:

The inventor was actually Dean Kamen. What a bizarre story.

<<
He was reportedly testing a cross-country version of the upright, two-wheeled scooter when he plunged from the cliff.
>>

Design fail. Back to the drawing board, they might need to add some wings or a parasail.

"A Segway-style vehicle was recovered. He was pronounced dead at the scene," the spokesman reportedly said. "At this time we do not believe the death to be suspicious."

Does the order of this statement strike anyone else as odd?:huh:

Shocking footage. Warning.... not for the squeemish....

You've been warned.

Last chance.....

Wile-E-Coyote460.jpg

Does the order of this statement strike anyone else as odd?:huh:

Yes it does, I heard he was working on a robotic hand and arm after watching the big bang theory :shrug:

Shocking footage. Warning.... not for the squeemish....

You've been warned.

Last chance.....

Wile-E-Coyote460.jpg

I always found it amazing that the coyote woudl always land in the same spot every time......I am a road runner fan anyway....

Yes it does, I heard he was working on a robotic hand and arm after watching the big bang theory :shrug:

No, scope it out.

It was recovered. He was pronounced dead afterwards.:shrug:

I guess you have to have priorities. It just sounds cold.

I always found it amazing that the coyote woudl always land in the same spot every time......I am a road runner fan anyway....

You think the Segway guy rode out about 20 feet off the edge of the cliff, but didn't start to fall until he realized it?

Is it just me?

I mean...it's a Segway.....

..if it is out of control heading for cliff....

.....step off.

He had to see if the gyroscopes in the machine would keep it upright.

Is it just me?

I mean...it's a Segway.....

..if it is out of control heading for cliff....

.....step off.
You ever waterski? When you first learn...rule #1 is when you fall, let go of line...took me all summer to finally figure that out...must have drank an olympic sized swimming pool's worth of water.

I feel awful for his wife and kid though.

stroller-and-segway.jpg

Back