NBA Finals - Cleveland vs Golden State

Cavs blew their doors off last night. If Cavs can somehow win game 5 then this will get very interesting as GS will be thinking about blowing that 3-1 lead last year.

If the Cavs win tonight I'm going to start seriously suspecting that the fix is in.

If the Cavs win tonight I'm going to start seriously suspecting that the fix is in.

I am sure Curry's wife will join you in that speculation.

I am sure Curry's wife will join you in that speculation.

The league wants to erase Jordan's legacy...what better way than to have their golden boy lead his team back from a 3-0 deficit. As a human being, I've got nothing against LeBron and Jordan is a total sack of shit. That being said, what he did on the court has dwarfed what LeBron has done to this point. What happens outside the lines needs to stay outside the lines. It's like Pete Rose- complete and total scumbag of a human being, but the man is the all-time ML hits leader, and based on that he belongs in the HOF. Period.

The league wants to erase Jordan's legacy...what better way than to have their golden boy lead his team back from a 3-0 deficit. As a human being, I've got nothing against LeBron and Jordan is a total sack of shit. That being said, what he did on the court has dwarfed what LeBron has done to this point. What happens outside the lines needs to stay outside the lines. It's like Pete Rose- complete and total scumbag of a human being, but the man is the all-time ML hits leader, and based on that he belongs in the HOF. Period.

I don't get the sense that the league wants to erase Jordan. Just the opposite IMO.

Not the read I'm getting.

I get the sense with the NBA there are the Lebron lovers who already believe he is better than Jordan and then there are the Jordan lovers who believe Lebron can never catch him.

I think for Lebron to truly pass him, he has to do what Brady did to Montana and pass his rings. Although I loathe rings as the ultimate decider to determine how good a player is, the QB in the NFL has always been judged by his ability to lead his team to championships and this is also true in the NBA - star players are expected to collect rings. So, Lebron has to get to at least 6, most likely 7 to end the discussion, the way Brady has.

What a great game.

LeBron stat padding at the end 2 by 2 while the Warriors were scoring 3's and pulling away is going down with Michael Jordan playing sick or Willis Reed playing hurt as one of the great moments in NBA history.
:toast:

The NBA managed to retain a little credibility last night. Good for them.

I predict that Cleveland's dominance of the East will be over now. I see the Cs making the moves this offseason to step up and take over.

I predict that Cleveland's dominance of the East will be over now. I see the Cs making the moves this offseason to step up and take over.

It depends what the Cs do with the top pick if they can contend with the Cavs. The Cavs are still a lot better but GS was a lot better than them. GS can own this league for the next 5 years if they keep Durant, Curry and Thompson together.

It depends what the Cs do with the top pick if they can contend with the Cavs. The Cavs are still a lot better but GS was a lot better than them. GS can own this league for the next 5 years if they keep Durant, Curry and Thompson together.

This.

I mean, Cleveland is a very strong team and would have likely beaten any other team from the West with how LeBron was playing. But GS is just ridiculously stacked. That team SHOULD win championships every year until its pieces leave.

draft Fultz

sign Hayward

trade Crowder and remaining draft for Butler

win East

draft Fultz

sign Hayward

trade Crowder and remaining draft for Butler

win East

I like it. Not sure if it will be enough to beat the Cavs though. Do the Cavs have any players that need to be resigned?

I like it. Not sure if it will be enough to beat the Cavs though. Do the Cavs have any players that need to be resigned?

Cavs are going to look a lot different next year. Love is going to be gone. Rumors are out there about LeBron going to a western conference team.

We'll see...

Cavs are going to look a lot different next year. Love is going to be gone. Rumors are out there about LeBron going to a western conference team.

We'll see...

Lebron in Houston would be sweet.

I totally agree. If Cavs front office does not get him another established superstar to match KD pickup by Warriors, LeBron may be moving on again. I would love to see the Celtics pick up at least 1 hopefully 2 consistent 3-point shooters.

Last night I was eyeballing Steph Curry when KD won the Finals MVP trophy and his facial expression gave me a weird felling that he was saying in his mind that 'maybe if I am not top dog around here I should move on'. Now Curry going to Celtics for their 1st round pick would be EXACTLY what the Celtics need. Not sure that Curry would want to break up this now power-house team, but this remains to be seen over the next 3-4 months... :coffee:

I totally agree. If Cavs front office does not get him another established superstar to match KD pickup by Warriors, LeBron may be moving on again. I would love to see the Celtics pick up at least 1 hopefully 2 consistent 3-point shooters.

Last night I was eyeballing Steph Curry when KD won the Finals MVP trophy and his facial expression gave me a weird felling that he was saying in his mind that 'maybe if I am not top dog around here I should move on'. Now Curry going to Celtics for their 1st round pick would be EXACTLY what the Celtics need. Not sure that Curry would want to break up this now power-house team, but this remains to be seen over the next 3-4 months... :coffee:

GS can win without Curry, and he is crazy cost controlled right now (4/44 signed in 2016). Maybe draft and trade with Fultz? I don't know, all the experts seem to think Fultz is the real deal and is ready to step in immediately and be the Man.

LeBron is headed to Golden State? Well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Back