New member here if you will have me. I am from extreme NW Alabama and have been a Pats fan forever. I know a little about

You are so right, both coaches are mirror images of each other and also the very best of friends. And both teams are alike in so many ways. I saw a pic of those two huddled on the sideline when #10 was working out on Bama's Pro Day. I wonder what they were talking about? He He.
They worked together in Cleveland many years ago. Many years of sharing knowledge. What those two know is incredible.

I'm not sure if this is the pic but someone knew of my fandom and showed me it.

89ebfdf5503ce8d833d2cb9ee70fa5165e9101d7.jpeg

They worked together in Cleveland many years ago. Many years of sharing knowledge. What those two know is incredible.

I'm not sure if this is the pic but people know of my fandom and showed me it.

View attachment 8079
I think that is It. There is one inside the Alabama indoor practice facility. I wish I could find it. If I can I will post it. Thanks.

Welcome. As a Bama fan, you are also aware that Mac the Knife is not the only Bama player on the Patriots roster.
Hightower has been a key player in the last 3 SB wins. He has also been one of the great Patriots for several years now. He was also the guy that I wanted badly when he was in the draft.
Then we have Harris, and the new beast on the DL, Barmore.
Seems as if there will a Bama flavor to our team for years to come.
I'm looking hard at the LB Harris for this year's draft. What can you tell us about him?

Don't forget Anfernee Jennings. I mean, right now it looks like he has no shot to get on the field and has been passed by a herd of OLB/Edge types, but
I've learned that you never know.

There is a growing Patriot fan base in the south especially among Bama fans.I know about 110K in Bryant Denny Stadium. I think one of the reasons is because both coaches are so much alike. And both teams are so much alike.

First, welcome to the Planet and thanks for sending us Mac. As you can see from my avatar I have a lot of respect for the 'Bama/Pats pipeline.

I was sold on him to be our next QB at some point late last season and through the playoffs. I wanted the Pats to draft him in the worst way, couldn't believe he was there at 15 for us, but I can't get over how quickly he picked everything up both on and off the field. I think the light went on for me watching Devonta Smith and Waddle catch some absolute dimes and Mac seemed to
be getting less credit than he deserved for all those TDs they were getting. Then, I saw him throw a fake on an RPO and lobbed a soft, high screen pass that, at first, looked like a misfire to empty space and by the time it came down it landed right in Najee's hands in perfect phase, the blocking was set up and the play went big. You couldn't have handed the ball to him any better. The accuracy was just off-the-charts. Then, I started noticing the other stuff. He doesn't really look tough, but he really is. The vision. The ability to stay cool in key moments. All of that.

Jones loves what he's doing and seems to have a burning desire to be great. He doesn't repeat the same mistake twice and I believe it's just a matter of time before he is one of the best QBs in the league. Maybe THE best one of these days. I can't find a single legitimate reason why he can't.

Welcome aboard, you joined just in time to watch another possible run at a 2nd dynasty, time will tell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard, you joined just in time to watch another possible run at a 2nd dynasty, time will tell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3rd Dynasty.

1st = 2001-2004

2nd = 2014-2018

#10. I was thrilled when the Pats drafted him (as was all other Bama fans I know). He is in a system that fits him to perfection, an he fits the system. I am 68 years old and look forward to the next 68 years being a New England fan
Welcome to the Planet! I guess I can go so far as to say that Mac Jones doesn't appear to suck. 🙂

#10. I was thrilled when the Pats drafted him (as was all other Bama fans I know). He is in a system that fits him to perfection, an he fits the system. I am 68 years old and look forward to the next 68 years being a New England fan
:welcome:

Welcome to the board! My admiration for the Alabama program goes back to the Bear Bryant days. I think you'll like it here.

Is this the first time someone has maxed out the number of characters allowed in the thread title?
You know what they say, character limits are like credit cards. What’s the point of having them if you’re not going to max them out?

What? No one says that? Ah well. Welcome to the Planet!

snood, great to see another Alabamian and Crimson Tide fan on the PP forum.
Even if Patriots material was not part of this place, it has got to be the coolest, most
friendly forum I've ever seen.
So much ground to cover here.

I'm looking forward to the Tide's date in Atlanta.

Guys, feel free to start a Tide thread if you like. I am sure that pipeline will be there as long as Saban and Belichick are and I am sure several would be happy to discuss the games and players on here.

Guys, feel free to start a Tide thread if you like. I am sure that pipeline will be there as long as Saban and Belichick are and I am sure several would be happy to discuss the games and players on here.
Thank you!

Woohoo!

I'd like to have a glimpse of the player evaluation talk between the two coaches.
Players outside the Bama realm.

These coaches zero in on things so beyond my understanding it blows my mind,
The "process" produces positive results.

Back