NFL conducting ?comprehensive? Peyton Manning investigation

For people who get real salty about fans jumping to conclusions from insufficient data you sure have been quick to crucify Manning. I would think you would try to live up to the expectations you have for others and wait until some actual evidence turns up before you summarily call him guilty.

I see none saying he's guilty :shrug_n:

~Dee~

For people who get real salty about fans jumping to conclusions from insufficient data you sure have been quick to crucify Manning. I would think you would try to live up to the expectations you have for others and wait until some actual evidence turns up before you summarily call him guilty.

Sorry. Not going to happen.

The circumstantial evidence is overwhelming. Timing. His not denying receipt. His numbers.

Way more than the public had against Brady yet he went down hard. In the media and the court of public opinion.

But good luck with your expectation that we will be civilized about it here.

If you read closely enough, Pats fans want equal vigor in the HGH investigation as with naturally under inflated balls. Not everyone is coming to a guilty conclusion and most don't even care if he took them or not. We're just looking for Goodell and his minions to stop the hypocrisy, which is unlikely to happen.

We need David Walsh (the journalist who exposed Lance Armstrong) on the case.

View attachment 97213

There's plenty.

If you read closely enough, Pats fans want equal vigor in the HGH investigation as with naturally under inflated balls. Not everyone is coming to a guilty conclusion and most don't even care if he took them or not. We're just looking for Goodell and his minions to stop the hypocrisy, which is unlikely to happen.

:clap:

Just equal treatment.

I see none saying he's guilty :shrug_n:

~Dee~

You must not be looking very hard...
don't do the crime if you can't do the time...
btw, I think Manning is done after this and the main reason is he knows dirt is going to be dug up.

Funny that he wasn't "done" prior to the Al Jazeera expose since he was talking like he wanted to come back next year even if it wasn't with the Broncos. As soon as I read that he told BB this was probably his last rodeo, the reason was obvious to me. Call me a skeptic but that's what I thought. He knows this will eventually come out but if retired maybe not. Maybe he hopes the info never sees the light of day. One thing's for sure, if he does retire the NFL won't leak any bad news on Manning.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Not to mention all of the people in the 60 something page thread.

They're doing an investigation, which is exactly what they did for Deflategate. How much more equal do you want?

Hey BS, how is an investigation comprehensive if the NFL declined to collaborate with the USADA to gather more evidence?

...once Roger compared Tom's alleged misconduct in ball PSI to Performance enhancing drugs HE opened the door to have to do.

EXACTLY. the hypocrisy is breathtaking. i just want to know why the manning family has so much media/nfl power. i don't get it...at all.

We get salty because it was the lies the NFL leaked on PSI that led to the public humiliation and persecution of Brady and the Patriots. Our saltiness increased when we learned the NFL never corrected the lies even with knowledge of the actual PSI recordings. Saltier still when we learned the NFL prevented the Patriots from making those values public. Once article after article was written citing detailed research by noted scientists that proved nothing happened, the media and fans of the other 31 never bothered to read them. That's why we're salty. Because the evidence was there but no one, except Pats fans, bothered to look closer. The snowball continued to roll and Goodell lusted to be a big shot.

There's already far more evidence against Manning than there ever was on Brady. His agent has admitted to the shipments of HGH to his home. Why? Because to deny that would easily catch the Mannings in a lie as soon as the shipments were investigated and found. That much we know. The rest we can surmise on our own...we're not blinded the way Manning's fans seem to be. You can bet I will read everything I can find regarding these HGH shipments but until I read that Ashley was suffering from 1 of the 3 indications for HGH use, Peyton will remain the prime suspect for anyone not blinded by their love for the guy.

PS. You not only bought in to the headlines against Brady but you came here to debate his "probable" guilt. You still think he had something to do with deflating balls even in the face of multiple articles and scientific research that determined nothing happened that can't be explained by the IGL. Have you read all those articles presented to you?

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

They're doing an investigation, which is exactly what they did for Deflategate. How much more equal do you want?

Equal would entail the NFL leaking lies about Manning's HGH involvement to the media and allowing those lies to hang out there for all time without correction.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

The NFL began their investigation into DG without prior knowledge of the IGL, and with false data. Botched from 'go'.

Peyton has a history of his indiscretions being swept under the rug by a love-struck media. It is, therefore, reasonable to believe that history will repeat.

Really?

They're doing an investigation? Now?

Funny. I haven't heard a peep. No exaggerated information known to be inaccurate. No retractions. No lead storylines fed to ESPN. No press conference from the head Stooge.

This investigation you speak of by all accounts right now could be a folder in a to-do bin on some mid level NFL Security officials desk.

When is Kubiak going to be hauled away for questioning while trying to put a SB gameplan together?

When is Pey-Pey going to be front and center for ALL media, not an individual hand picked with layup leadin previously approved questions to answer?

If you don't see the incredibly huge disparity in the treatment of the cases then I guess you're nowhere near as intelligent as I had previously thought.

If Manning is guilty, they will get him. They always do. I have problems believing it for two reasons: (1) He has such a scarecrow body. Compare his body to Barry Bonds or Mark McGuire, there is no comparison, and most importantly (2) he hasn't been able to really "gun" the football in many years. Even when he threw 55 TD passes, he couldn't make the throws he did in his prime, and had one of the weakest arms in the NFL. Remember what Richard Sherman said about him before the Super Bowl. Something has been missing in his throwing since he came back in 2012. So, I have a hard time believing it, but if he is guilty, time will insure it will come out in the end.

If Manning is guilty, they will get him. They always do. I have problems believing it for two reasons: (1) He has such a scarecrow body. Compare his body to Barry Bonds or Mark McGuire, there is no comparison, and most importantly (2) he hasn't been able to really "gun" the football in many years. Even when he threw 55 TD passes, he couldn't make the throws he did in his prime, and had one of the weakest arms in the NFL. Remember what Richard Sherman said about him before the Super Bowl. Something has been missing in his throwing since he came back in 2012. So, I have a hard time believing it, but if he is guilty, time will insure it will come out in the end.

This is why HGH is not considered an anabolic steroid. It won't make him look like Arnold Schwarzenegger unless it's combined with an anabolic. It is a powerful hormone that helps with healing of injured bone and muscle and some think it has anti-aging properties. But it won't take a healthy muscle and make it huge with exercise the way testosterone will.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cathgh.htm
http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/human-growth-hormone-hgh

Funny that he wasn't "done" prior to the Al Jazeera expose since he was talking like he wanted to come back next year even if it wasn't with the Broncos. As soon as I read that he told BB this was probably his last rodeo, the reason was obvious to me. Call me a skeptic but that's what I thought. He knows this will eventually come out but if retired maybe not. Maybe he hopes the info never sees the light of day. One thing's for sure, if he does retire the NFL won't leak any bad news on Manning.

He has to retire. He can't risk the NFL suspending as they would have to do for a PED violation and he would not be able to appeal with any success. The irony here makes me so happy that Rog compared ball deflation to PEDs and now has his poster child QB in a doping ring. I love the fact that the MLB is involved as they would love nothing more than to take the shine off the NFL.

In terms of the NFL leaking, you are right that will never happen. But the MLB surely will and the NY press who have already been all over this and calling out the league for their double standard. I also think the scumbag Indy media will also be on this. They Guyer is their baby.

i wonder if this "investigation" will be as thorough as the first ray rice investigation. you know where it will all be swept under the carpet unless the public sees the evidence Goodell knew about all along..

560407782.jpg

i wonder if this "investigation" will be as thorough as the first ray rice investigation. you know where it will all be swept under the carpet unless the public sees the evidence Goodell knew about all along..

560407782.jpg

The difference here though is the NFL has no control over the other sports leagues that were named. They can try to sweep their stuff but they will eventually be called to the carpet most likely by the MLB. There is potential here for them to actually look worse in this one than Rice IMO.

The difference here though is the NFL has no control over the other sports leagues that were named. They can try to sweep their stuff but they will eventually be called to the carpet most likely by the MLB. There is potential here for them to actually look worse in this one than Rice IMO.

The NFL is fvcked over this one if they don't step up and do the right thing. MLB gives no kinds of shits whatsoever...generally...and I say that because there was a NYT article when this broke that mentioned Derek Jeter's possible involvement. MLB can link ManniHGH to these accusations all day long based on his links to the MLB players mentioned.

oh...and by the way...I REALLY hope those guys in Green Bay get fvcked in this as well. Can't even BEGIN to describe how much I hate the Packers.

That's the beauty.

I hope they're squirming.

Their poster child is now being investigated for what they wish TB was charged with and thru their own words was equated to the worst form of cheating. And nothing.

Ah, but the Feds and MLB. Foiling all plans to let Father Time dissolve this story.

Fvck!

Don't you know who we are?!?! We're the NFL! Top dogs! What we say goes!
You're supposed to do it our way!

There is NO way Goodell comes out of this clean.

My ideal scenario?

The appeal is ruled in favor of TB.

2 days later, enough time to pound this board like a sailor in a Phillipine port on leave, Guyer's offices are raided by the Feds.

Git yur popcorn.

That's the beauty.

I hope they're squirming.

Their poster child is now being investigated for what they wish TB was charged with and thru their own words was equated to the worst form of cheating. And nothing.

Ah, but the Feds and MLB. Foiling all plans to let Father Time dissolve this story.

Fvck!

Don't you know who we are?!?! We're the NFL! Top dogs! What we say goes!
You're supposed to do it our way!

There is NO way Goodell comes out of this clean.

My ideal scenario?

The appeal is ruled in favor of TB.

2 days later, enough time to pound this board like a sailor in a Phillipine port on leave, Guyer's offices are raided by the Feds.

Git yur popcorn.

While I hope they do I think that ship may have sailed. I'm pretty sure Guyer isn't stupid enough to not have destroyed any paper trail by now. But stranger things.

~Dee~

Back