NFL conducting ?comprehensive? Peyton Manning investigation

While I hope they do I think that ship may have sailed. I'm pretty sure Guyer isn't stupid enough to not have destroyed any paper trail by now. But stranger things.

~Dee~

USPS or other delivery services keep records, especially those which need a signature for delivery. And Guyer had to get his supply of HGH from somewhere.

Wonder if BB had any trash goblin working the Indiana area :)

How great would it be if Kravitz ends up being the guy that topples Peyton? :toast:

USPS or other delivery services keep records, especially those which need a signature for delivery. And Guyer had to get his supply of HGH from somewhere.

How great would it be if Kravitz ends up being the guy that topples Peyton? :toast:

all of that:toast:

~Dee~

There is NO way Goodell comes out of this clean.
Well, except for the one possibility you're conveniently breezing right past. If Manning is found to have done nothing wrong then Goodell has no trouble at all.

But please, go on ignoring the possibility because it's not what you want.

For people who get real salty about fans jumping to conclusions from insufficient data you sure have been quick to crucify Manning. I would think you would try to live up to the expectations you have for others and wait until some actual evidence turns up before you summarily call him guilty.
Reading is fundamental.

I don't care one way or another if Manning did it or not, (and frankly, I'm not taking a report from Al-Jazeera as conclusive, any more than I would a report from Ted Wells or Exponent).

I just want to see if the NFL will screw him over (like they did to Brady and the Pats), based on next to nothing. If they do, then the NFL front office will be consistent. If they don't, then the NFL needs to apologize to Brady and Kraft.

I have been thinking all along that the scummy Indy media will be the ones to blow this thing wide open. Guyer is their baby. And their pill popping owner most likely got his stuff from there too. This could be one of the best, slimiest sports stories of all time.

Well, except for the one possibility you're conveniently breezing right past. If Manning is found to have done nothing wrong then Goodell has no trouble at all.

You ignoring the possibility the others the Steelers linebacker James Harrison, Packers defensive stalwarts Clay Matthews, Mike Neal and Julius Peppers, and former tight end Dustin Keller may be guilty:shrug_n:

~Dee~

The only way Manning goes down for this is if Guyer, Sly or somebody talks. I don't think its going to be from a delivery slip or whatever - Peyton seems pretty careful about that.

There's only a couple things I know for sure about this thing:

1 - The Manning household was receiving HGH
2 - If Ashley had a medical reason for receiving HGH, it would not be coming from the Guyer Institute. She could be using it for the purported, unsubstantiated anti-aging benefits that makes it popular in Hollywood.
3 - Peyton was going to these guys to get on the field faster.
4 - Peyton is an idiot if he had his wife take HGH from the same place he was being treated at. He's also an idiot if he did not know about it.

ESPN 30 for 30: Manning, HGH use, and how it propelled him to be one of the NFL's great QB's

IF he is guilty, will you join Bronco and Colts boards to fight the good BSPolice fight you are attempting here?

How about the other NFL players named?

The only way Manning goes down for this is if Guyer, Sly or somebody talks. I don't think its going to be from a delivery slip or whatever - Peyton seems pretty careful about that.

2 - If Ashley had a medical reason for receiving HGH, it would not be coming from the Guyer Institute. She could be using it for the purported, unsubstantiated anti-aging benefits that makes it popular in Hollywood.
4 - Peyton is an idiot if he had his wife take HGH from the same place he was being treated at. He's also an idiot if he did not know about it.

I think we have all learned that when athletes are desperate to get back on the field, they lack common sense. It is also good to remember that when a person is doing something illegal it stands to reason that they are not below whatever level of debauchery is necessary to get the job done. It is kind of like why people wonder why broken beer bottles are outside of a liquor store. Did you really expect the drunk guy to pick up after himself?

Or the second source for Al Jazeera steps forward and starts talking, or hands over documentation supporting insinuations contained in the story.

In college, Peyton had to call his then girlfriend Ashley who was at another school so she could order take out food for him because he DID NOT KNOW HOW TO DO IT. His wonderlic was one or two points from THE BEN'S. I've never thought he was natively intelligent, or quick thinking. He's a grind. So I could buy that he didn't have the mindset to think of those things.

Or the second source for Al Jazeera steps forward and starts talking, or hands over documentation supporting insinuations contained in the story.

Or Sly is compelled to testify under oath as he is under investigation also.

~Dee~

I'm basing that statement on Goodell doing nothing. Hoping the "open investigation" just dies on the vine.

Oh but that pesky MLB, DEA, and Feds.

THEY will get to the bottom.

And Rog's inaction will bite him.

The delivery company would have copies of the the orders and required signatures.

1- we only know for sure she received a prescription drug
2- true if she was getting HGH
3- true
3- true

~Dee~

IF he is guilty, will you join Bronco and Colts boards to fight the good BSPolice fight you are attempting here?
If he is shown to be guilty and people attempt mental gymnastics to obscure the truth of the matter I would absolutely speak out against it. I can't stand when people use faulty logic and twisting evidence to fit their preferred narrative. Whether or not I like the truth.

I would be disappointed to find out that Manning was using HGH, because even when he was a Colt destroying the Broncos, I thought he was one of the most upstanding NFL players. To have the illusion shattered would be unfortunate. But it wouldn't stop me from denouncing him and anyone who attempted to twist the facts to pretend he was innocent.

But I do think he has earned the right to have his guilt demonstrated and not assumed.

Manning* probably will retire and then he can teabag all day. Von Miller ought to try and teabag Manning* during the Super Bowl. Let's see how Pey-Pey* likes it!

I agree with other posters that MLB and/or the Feds will be the reason we find out the truth, if ever. The NFL will do its utmost to sweep all this under the rug. Their hypocrisy is blatant. I don't need to see <i>Concussion</i> to know how slimy the NFL is.

BTW, did they ever find that female staffer who received the Ray Rice video and confirmed receiving it over the phone? How hard it is to find a female employee in the NFL offices? Did she keep it to herself? Is that why Goodell never saw it? Rog, ya gotta come up with better lies, fella! For 40 mil a year I expect more effort with the lying, c'mon!

Back