NFL conducting ?comprehensive? Peyton Manning investigation

funny how a guy who never won a national championship at a program with a championship pedigree would be worshipped this way.

The best part is the year after he left, Tee Martin took Tennessee to the promised land.

Maybe are you kidding me. My youngest was 15 in 2005, and completely computer literate. The 3 older ones had access to a computer most of their lives. In 2005 my daughter had to have a laptop for college as in mandatory. In 2005 my son was in Afghanistan we communicated by internet. Image that Afghanistan had internet:shrug_n:

~Dee~
Jesus, I didn't say that we were in an information dark age, I just said we didn't have the media saturation even 10 years ago that we have today. In 2005, news didn't spread more quickly via twitter than CNN. There was plenty of access, it just wasn't a 24/7 media blitz of every little detail of every single thing that happened to anyone with even a sliver of notoriety.

You know about Ray Lewis' day in court, right? How about Pete Rose and Alex Karras? The Chicago White Sox?

How the hell does anyone know about those incidents; they were all pre-2000?

The media controls the message, my friend.
Why are you comparing a murder, giant gambling scandals, and the throwing of a World Series to an A-hole putting his junk in someone's face in college? I also heard about the Titanic, the Hindenburg, and WWII, but I feel like the magnitude is a little different.

Jesus, I didn't say that we were in an information dark age, I just said we didn't have the media saturation even 10 years ago that we have today. In 2005, news didn't spread more quickly via twitter than CNN. There was plenty of access, it just wasn't a 24/7 media blitz of every little detail of every single thing that happened to anyone with even a sliver of notoriety.

Why are you comparing a murder, giant gambling scandals, and the throwing of a World Series to an A-hole putting his junk in someone's face in college? I also heard about the Titanic, the Hindenburg, and WWII, but I feel like the magnitude is a little different.

The info was out there if you payed attention :shrug_n: I. Don't have tweeter or Instagram or any of the youngins new things. As a matter of fact nor do any of my children. They have been texting since the 90s although it took more time. Are you saying there wasn't 24 hour news? Gossip is and always will travel faster then you can imagine on the Internet :shrug_n:

~Dee~

Who's cares this has been a dead story for months . There still barely covering the story

Peyton was a very big national story when he was in college; Heisman finalist, on the cover of SI, projected #1 in the NFL draft, you name it. The story came out, but everyone downplayed it, not wanting to upset the Mannings, and those involved were ordered not to discuss it.

The fact that no one is mentioning it now, in light of this new story...oh wait...no one really is talking about that one, either.

See how it works?

For people who get real salty about fans jumping to conclusions from insufficient data you sure have been quick to crucify Manning. I would think you would try to live up to the expectations you have for others and wait until some actual evidence turns up before you summarily call him guilty.

I love Irony. Great job naming yourself BSpolice. ROFL

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

They're doing an investigation, which is exactly what they did for Deflategate. How much more equal do you want?

BwaHaHa.:rofl

I highly doubt there find any wrongdoing by Peyton. Unlike Brady he is NFL & Media Goldern boy.

The NFL will bury it for sure but not the MLB or the Feds. Steroid cases all go the same way ... Deny, Deny, Deny ... Apologize.

Jesus, I didn't say that we were in an information dark age, I just said we didn't have the media saturation even 10 years ago that we have today. In 2005, news didn't spread more quickly via twitter than CNN. There was plenty of access, it just wasn't a 24/7 media blitz of every little detail of every single thing that happened to anyone with even a sliver of notoriety..

I distinctly remember watching 24/7 coverage of the first Gulf War on CNN. It was inescapable. The same thing applies to OJ in '94. Also Susan Smith. Also Columbine. The Wade Boggs palimony case was a huge news story, and that was from the 80's. If the event or name is big enough, it's out there non-stop. Did you know that Jimmy Carter was attacked by a rabid rabbit that actually swam out towards a boat that he was fishing in? Secret Service agents killed the thing with an oar. Happened in the 70's...everybody knew about it. The media picks and chooses what the stories will be and how much promotion they will receive. It's always been that way, the only difference now is that it's harder to shut them out.

maybe because our society is ridiculously over-sensitized. There'd be a Cat 5 shitstorm if that were to happen today.

The NFL will bury it for sure but not the MLB or the Feds. Steroid cases all go the same way ... Deny, Deny, Deny ... Apologize.

Even if they find something . I think this will be his last game . What the worst they can do calling him a cheater.

Even if they find something . I think this will be his last game . What the worst they can do calling him a cheater.

I don't think it is about what they can do. There was not even testing back in 2011. I doubt they would even try to slap him with the 4 game suspension if he did continue to play beyond next Sunday. But if he is found to have done it and lied then that pretty much sullies his pristine image which is why he hired a former press secretary in the first place. Manning cares the MOST about his image than any athlete ever and this would basically put him in the same boat as Clemens, Bonds, etc., if he is not there already in the minds of many.

One other thing. I believe this accusation bothers Manning to his core. In that respect I think he is much like Clemens. He is a control freak, always been about the numbers and records and what PEDs does is call into question the very things he has built his career on as it certainly has not been post-season prowess. That is why he has been so vehement in his denials and aggressive in his PR campaigning. This is a big stain and one he is likely to not ever fully wipe away given his agent has already admitted that HGH was sent to his wife.

I don't think it is about what they can do. There was not even testing back in 2011. I doubt they would even try to slap him with the 4 game suspension if he did continue to play beyond next Sunday. But if he is found to have done it and lied then that pretty much sullies his pristine image which is why he hired a former press secretary in the first place. Manning cares the MOST about his image than any athlete ever and this would basically put him in the same boat as Clemens, Bonds, etc., if he is not there already in the minds of many.

One other thing. I believe this accusation bothers Manning to his core. In that respect I think he is much like Clemens. He is a control freak, always been about the numbers and records and what PEDs does is call into question the very things he has built his career on as it certainly has not been post-season prowess. That is why he has been so vehement in his denials and aggressive in his PR campaigning. This is a big stain and one he is likely to not ever fully wipe away given his agent has already admitted that HGH was sent to his wife.

Manning will take some negative media coverage. if found guilty he will be a first ballot HOF QB. Bonds & Clemens are going to have to wait years to maybe get In the HOF.

Unlike bonds the media loves manning. Even if found guilty he will be a first ballot HOF QB. Bonds & Clemens are going to have to wait years to maybe get In the HOF.

Sure. Roids in no ways affects his HoF status as the NFL and MLB are light years different in that respect.

And I was not referring to the media all of a sudden turning on Manning as that won't ever happen but this leaves a mark on his legacy and that I believe it bothers him the way it did Clemens. I don't believe he would file a defamation suit as he has already admitted to everything Al-J accused him of - being treated at Guyer a known HGH house and HGH being sent to his wife. But I also think Manning could be unpredictable as well. Once his career is over he may go the Clemens route. I think it bothers him that much. He has never had his integrity questioned so this hits him hard.

To me the simple fact that Mannings wife could end all this now by denying HGH was ever sent to her speaks volumes. If my hubby was being accused and dragged through an investigation and I knew none of it was true I'd be shouting from the highest mountain I never took HGH:shrug_n:.

~Dee~

I know the BS meter is going to come running in here but her name is getting dragged through the mud too. She can be prosecuted also and made to testify so why not just nip this in the bud right now. The whole I'm a private person is BS her privacy has been trumped. If she didn't tke it a simple denial would go a long way.

To me the simple fact that Mannings wife could end all this now by denying HGH was ever sent to her speaks volumes. If my hubby was being accused and dragged through an investigation and I knew none of it was true I'd be shouting from the highest mountain I never took HGH:shrug_n:.

~Dee~

I know the BS meter is going to come running in here but her name is getting dragged through the mud too. She can be prosecuted also and made to testify so why not just nip this in the bud right now. The whole I'm a private person is BS her privacy has been trumped. If she didn't tke it a simple denial would go a long way.

Dee, you wouldn't lie for your husband?

HGH occurs naturally in the body, its like how women take estrogen when they get old because their body stops making it so much-There's no shame in it- I get it in Mexico (HGH) and its literally the Fountain of Youth, and it is the thing doctors most prescribe to themselves...

Dee, you wouldn't lie for your husband?

HGH occurs naturally in the body, its like how women take estrogen when they get old because their body stops making it so much-There's no shame in it- I get it in Mexico (HGH) and its literally the Fountain of Youth, and it is the thing doctors most prescribe to themselves...

Sheriff I know it occurs naturally. But synthetic HGH doesn't. I'm old I don't take estrogen just saying nor do I care if a Gynecologist prescribes it as its approved by the FDA. HGH on the other hand is not. :shrug_n:

I'm very familiar with the FDA and HIPPA. There are reasons drugs need to be tested and screened. Trust me I know. If you chose to take a medication off label and prescription that's on you.

And no I don't lie for anyone:shrug_n:

~Dee~

To be perfectly honest here if Peyton took HGH I wouldnt care, and still think he is a FBO. However this is more about equal treatment and fairness. If this were Gissel Tom Brady would be getting scorched 24/7 on ESPN, CNN, MSNBC,FOX and CBS...Us Patriots fans are truly disgusted by the Sham that TB went through over less than a millimeter of grip to a football.. You have teams on the sidelines caught red handed heating footballs, you have Aaron Rogers admitting inflating the footballs to 17 PSI. But only Tom Brady gets his named dragged through the mud..

I have one theory why Peyton is not getting scorched on National TV. Besides being the NFL endorsement Pet maybe the NFL realized they fvcked up hard on TOM and they are giving Peyton the benefit of the doubt. Naaaahhhhh its not Tom Brady or the Patriots carry on...

To be perfectly honest here if Peyton took HGH I wouldnt care, and still think he is a FBO. However this is more about equal treatment and fairness. If this were Gissel Tom Brady would be getting scorched 24/7 on ESPN, CNN, MSNBC,FOX and CBS...Us Patriots fans are truly disgusted by the Sham that TB went through over less than a millimeter of grip to a football.. You have teams on the sidelines caught red handed heating footballs, you have Aaron Rogers admitting inflating the footballs to 17 PSI. But only Tom Brady gets his named dragged through the mud..

I have one theory why Peyton is not getting scorched on National TV. Besides being the NFL endorsement Pet maybe the NFL realized they fvcked up hard on TOM and they are giving Peyton the benefit of the doubt. Naaaahhhhh its not Tom Brady or the Patriots carry on...

I said before and I'll say it again it will not change my opinion of Manning one way other the other. unless he's hiding behind his wife. I get why he would take it or consider it. If they prove it helps in healing I would definately look deeper into it. Not sure I'd use it but ....it would be worth the look. Just be a stand up guy if he did. Personally I think his wife was using it to get rid of the baby weight. But it wouldn't shock me if they shared:shrug_n:

I just want the DR held accountable for his actions. First do no harm :shrug_n:

~Dee~

Back