NFL Investigating Denver for Possibly Filming San Fran's Walkthrough...

Fully Tilted

GhostGronk
Reaction score
Spygate 2?

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16720519

In an echo of the New England Patriots' "Spygate" scandal, the NFL is investigating whether a Broncos employee videotaped a San Francisco 49ers walk-through at London's Wembley Stadium four weeks ago.

Broncos chief operating officer Joe Ellis confirmed Friday that Steve Scarnecchia, the team's director of video operations, is on a "personal leave of absence" while team and league officials investigate the matter, but he declined to comment further. Scarnecchia did not travel with the team to San Diego last weekend and has not been at the team's Dove Valley complex this week

And here comes all of the "apple doesn't fall far from the cheaters" rhetoric.

Goodell will probably penalize Denver by taking away their 4th round draft pick. Wait a minute ... that belongs to the Patriots. Oh well, the Commish will probably take it away from the Pats just for the hell of it.

Isn't that son of the Pats' Scar the same son who was the video person with the JESTS when they turned the Pats in for cameragate?
Crikey.

Isn't that son of the Pats' Scar the same son who was the video person with the JESTS when they turned the Pats in for cameragate?
Crikey.

Worse..

"Scarnecchia, who also declined comment, worked for the Patriots along with Broncos coach Josh McDaniels in 2008, when commissioner Roger Goodell docked their first-round draft pick for that year and fined coach Bill Belichick $500,000 for a violation of NFL rules that bar teams from filming opponents' signals. The Patriots, who were found to have videotaped New York Jets coaches during a 2006 game, were fined an additional $250,000. "

2008? That didn't happen in 08..that article is wrong. Hmmm...I don't remember the name of the JESTS Scar video guy then. Scar has two sons who are video guys??? The Scar-son-video guy I am thinking of left with the Mangenius I think.

Somehow I don't sense the sports media jumping all over this one with their holier than thou shrieks of horror. Can't lose focus on the Patriot Hate you know?

Somehow I don't sense the sports media jumping all over this one with their holier than thou shrieks of horror. Can't lose focus on the Patriot Hate you know?

That would be true, except that McDaniels is part of the BB tree. ESPN has already dubbed this "Spygate II". Every mention of this situation will involve some reference to the Pats.

God-ell couldn't possibly dock the Broncos a draft pick. It just wouldn't be fair to the parity of the league. They suck too bad to make them suck even more. I could see the Pats losing a draft pick over the Broncos' misstep, though, just to keep things fair. After all, both offenders came from the Patriots. The way BB accumulates draft picks has to be some sort of Ponzi scheme. :coffee:

Scarnecchia has now been fired for cause by Denver, with a pending NFL hearing to see if he will be barred permanently by the NFL. McDaniels claims the video was presented to him with 6 minutes of taping and that he never looked at it.

Sometimes my English major anal-ness kicks in so I HATE the term SPYGATE. How is is SPYING to film what 70+K people can see with their own eyes out in the open?? Answer: IT ISN'T. That's why I call it CAMERAGATE.

further proof that spygate has little to no correlation with winning

scarnecchia has now been fired for cause by denver, with a pending nfl hearing to see if he will be barred permanently by the nfl. Mcdaniels claims the video was presented to him with 6 minutes of taping and that he never looked at it.

holy shnittt

That would be true, except that McDaniels is part of the BB tree. ESPN has already dubbed this "Spygate II". Every mention of this situation will involve some reference to the Pats.

Exactly true. It's like the damn Creature That Would Not Die fer crissake. :hang:

Back