O BRIAN headed out?

He's the "Manchurian Candidate". :LOL:

Cheers, BostonTim

Meh. Am I the only person who doesn't give a shit? Bill O'Brien is like Scarlett Johannsen's makeup artist: doesn't make much of a difference IMO. You have one of (if not) the best QBs in NFL history. You have two ridiculously stud TEs. You have a little WR who is leading the league. You have Belichick at the helm. I'm pretty sure half of us could walk in there and call the offense. And, frankly, I'm not all that impressed with some of the offense calls anyway.

Meh. Am I the only person who doesn't give a shit? Bill O'Brien is like Scarlett Johannsen's makeup artist: doesn't make much of a difference IMO. You have one of (if not) the best QBs in NFL history. You have two ridiculously stud TEs. You have a little WR who is leading the league. You have Belichick at the helm. I'm pretty sure half of us could walk in there and call the offense. And, frankly, I'm not all that impressed with some of the offense calls anyway.

As much as I'm not a fan of O'Brien's, I will say that he's done a remarkable job with the TEs.

That's all I've got.

I'm not too upset about him heading out the door. I thought he should have been out the door awhile ago. Never a fan of his play calling. And to tell you the truth while I'm laying on my couch in a vicoden enduced stupor watching a game, and I can call each and every play that he is calling...the other team's defense can surely figure it out.

You're forgetting something.

If BB is confident with the OC (or whoever is playing that role with another title), then he doesn't have to get as involved with the offense during the week and game time. Thus he has more time available to work with the defense.

If/when BoB goes, then BB will have to spend more time with the offense until he develops the trust that that side of the ball is good to go.

Personally, I'd rather BB spends more time with the kids on defense.

Run no gain, run no gain, Inc, punt. Yeah, I'll mss him...

IanHed_normal.JPG

RapSheet Ian R. Rapoport

RapSheet: Agent for Patriots OC Bill O’Brien says talk of an immiment move to Penn St. is “off-base” http://bit.ly/t9qsn7 <s class="hash">#</s>bh_sports

The issue isn't that BoB has been great, it is more about how much he improved this year and how NE's offense has struggled both years that they made a coordinator shift. It will most certainly impact their effectiveness in 2012.

From NFP

• I talked with a friend of Bill O'Brien on Sunday night, and he didn't think that the New England Patriots offensive coordinator would end up in State College as Penn State's next head coach. He maintains that O'Brien is set on climbing up the NFL coaching ladder. And keep in mind that O'Brien left his last college gig, offensive coordinator at Duke, to assume a non-position assistant coaching spot in New England. Where Penn State turns now is anyone's guess as its search for a permanent replacement for Joe Paterno continues.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

O'Brien will have his hands full with the Penn State offense if he ends up becoming the headcoach of the Nittany Lions. They look pretty inept so far against the mighty defense of the Houston Cougars...

After watching him light a fire on the offenses' asses, I think I want him to stay.
Posted via Mobile Device

The plays are called in from the sideline. Brady doesn't just call plays on the fly when they go to no huddle.

Yeah, AWTE has thoroughly debunked the myth about Brady making the calls when they go no huddle. Even if their are hurry up times that Brady does do this, BoB was instrumental in building that package during the week.

BoB has become an asset this year, no two ways about it.

Back