Official college Football thread

It's a funny thing how we depend so much on what we read, myself included. I don't know how many Sports Writers there are out there who covers football and submit articles to different medias from CBS Sports to Sports Illustrated but if we got them all in one room, write an article for them to read and have them to write a report you'd get a different slant from each and everyone of them.

What are their sources when they write articles or make comments on various sports channels? How much actual investigation or research do they do before compiling their opinion which is all it is. We copy and paste articles that we see and agree with and I'm just as guilty.

We hear or see live interviews from Urban Meyer and we accept or reject it based on our opinion guided by our personal feelings about him or what we have read about him.

Bill Belichick gets up and makes apologies about their research program on players before they sign them saying they do thoroughly check into a potential player's background but that background check needs improving. We can say Bill and the staff honestly did not know of Hernandez's troubled background or we can say they did and figured his potential as a player outweighs his troubles and are willing to take a risk. It's a matter of opinion. If you are a die hard BB fan, you would vouch on the fact he didn't know. I probably would say that BB knew of his struggles in his personal life but could not predict that Hernandez would resort to killing (if he's guilty).

How much of the reporting on Urban Meyer is fact based? Is it a mix of fact and fantasy? There may be some truths in the majority of the reporting of what went on and there may be some truths in what Urban has stated. Only God, Urban and the staff at Florida knows, really knows, what had transpired.

It's a funny thing how we depend so much on what we read, myself included. I don't know how many Sports Writers there are out there who covers football and submit articles to different medias from CBS Sports to Sports Illustrated but if we got them all in one room, write an article for them to read and have them to write a report you'd get a different slant from each and everyone of them.

What are their sources when they write articles or make comments on various sports channels? How much actual investigation or research do they do before compiling their opinion which is all it is. We copy and paste articles that we see and agree with and I'm just as guilty.

We hear or see live interviews from Urban Meyer and we accept or reject it based on our opinion guided by our personal feelings about him or what we have read about him.

Bill Belichick gets up and makes apologies about their research program on players before they sign them saying they do thoroughly check into a potential player's background but that background check needs improving. We can say Bill and the staff honestly did not know of Hernandez's troubled background or we can say they did and figured his potential as a player outweighs his troubles and are willing to take a risk. It's a matter of opinion. If you are a die hard BB fan, you would vouch on the fact he didn't know. I probably would say that BB knew of his struggles in his personal life but could not predict that Hernandez would resort to killing (if he's guilty).

How much of the reporting on Urban Meyer is fact based? Is it a mix of fact and fantasy? There may be some truths in the majority of the reporting of what went on and there may be some truths in what Urban has stated. Only God, Urban and the staff at Florida knows, really knows, what had transpired.
Urban is a Fraud.....makes me think is Tebow one too!!!!

I bet he is the head of the latin kings

Urban is a Fraud.....makes me think is Tebow one too!!!!

I bet he is the head of the latin kings

Just curious. What do you base that on? Do you know them personnally? I admit that I don't know either personally but I have confidence that Tim is not a fraud.

Your naivete is astounding.

There are any number of legitimate and credible sports writers who wouldn't risk their reputations, careers, and slander lawsuits by printing something on a whim without vetting their sources and fact-checking.

The facts are (once again):
1. Urban Meyer is a whistleblower, and one that participated in the shenanigans that he blew the whistle on.

2. Urban Meyer was the head coach of the Gators for six years, during which time he had tallied 31 arrests of active players.

3. Urban Meyer opened the UF checkbook to pay off any number of people/victims for various infractions/crimes committed by his players so as not to accumulate more arrests.

4. Urban Meyer has not once held accountability for the crime squads that he coached and, in fact, has eschewed any accountability whatsoever for Hernandez, while knowing that this player had been questioned in a shooting, which shooting disappeared from the police department's active file. Bill Belichick, on the other hand, accepted accountability for the player that he scouted and signed.

5. Urban Meyer continues to recruit players at OSU that find themselves in trouble with the law.

None of this is fantasy. It is only fact.

So, we have a coach who thinks he can preach his players into being better people by virtue of having them on his team. It doesn't work that way. Someone should advise him to stop playing god. He isn't. He harbors criminals.

Your naivete is astounding.

There are any number of legitimate and credible sports writers who wouldn't risk their reputations, careers, and slander lawsuits by printing something on a whim without vetting their sources and fact-checking.

The facts are (once again):
1. Urban Meyer is a whistleblower, and one that participated in the shenanigans that he blew the whistle on.

2. Urban Meyer was the head coach of the Gators for six years, during which time he had tallied 31 arrests of active players.

3. Urban Meyer opened the UF checkbook to pay off any number of people/victims for various infractions/crimes committed by his players so as not to accumulate more arrests.

4. Urban Meyer has not once held accountability for the crime squads that he coached and, in fact, has eschewed any accountability whatsoever for Hernandez, while knowing that this player had been questioned in a shooting, which shooting disappeared from the police department's active file. Bill Belichick, on the other hand, accepted accountability for the player that he scouted and signed.

5. Urban Meyer continues to recruit players at OSU that find themselves in trouble with the law.

None of this is fantasy. It is only fact.

So, we have a coach who thinks he can preach his players into being better people by virtue of having them on his team. It doesn't work that way. Someone should advise him to stop playing god. He isn't. He harbors criminals.

When they can document their facts to my satisfaction, I'll go along with it. I am not Naive. Much of the same can be said for BB

Please...enlighten me on what of the same can be said for BB.

He says they thoroughly research every player before signing them on so he had to have known Hernandez's troubled lifestyle. Unless Hernandez was able to pull the wool over BB eyes, BB knowingly recruited a criminal. The same with Brandon Spikes. Why would he favor Florida as a source of recruits and why would he value Urban Meyer's friendship if Urban was such a bad character?

Someday we'll all know the truth.

He says they thoroughly research every player before signing them on so he had to have known Hernandez's troubled lifestyle. Unless Hernandez was able to pull the wool over BB eyes, BB knowingly recruited a criminal. The same with Brandon Spikes. Why would he favor Florida as a source of recruits and why would he value Urban Meyer's friendship if Urban was such a bad character?

You're not very good with facts, are you?

How was Hernandez a criminal when he was drafted? What was he charged with?

You're not very good with facts, are you?

How was Hernandez a criminal when he was drafted? What was he charged with?

It's being said on this forum that Urban Meyers harbored criminals. I was assuming that that included Hernandez. Who else was Meyers harboring? Brandon Spikes? Cam Newton? Percy Harvin?

Urban Meyer's recommendation to draft APerp is one BB used, I bet he no longer respects the Former Gator Coach and the coaches star player who started shooting up the City...

It's being said on this forum that Urban Meyers harbored criminals. I was assuming that that included Hernandez. Who else was Meyers harboring? Brandon Spikes? Cam Newton? Percy Harvin?

I think you're being a little obtuse here on purpose. Lisa has already given us many examples of multiple arrests of Fla. players under Urban Meyer and many more examples of misdeeds being swept under the rug.

You brought up Spikes. That's interesting to me since he's in his contract year and I've already gone on record thinking this could be his last year as a Patriot. I've also thought and said he could be the surprise trade or cut of this TC. Regardless, I think the Patriots' security will be asked to look at Spikes' background a lot closer now. In the end, I think BB will purge any Fla. players who don't live up to character standards.

Let me show you a distinction.

Brandon Spikes smoked weed.

Aaron Hernandez (1) punched a guy in the ear causing his eardrum to rupture, was paid off and never filed charges. (2) Was somehow involved in a shooting while a freshman that was brushed under the table.

Those two incidents were disclosed publically after the arrest up here. Do you believe for one moment that Bill Belichick, had he known of that type of history, would have drafted this guy?

You're missing the point. Belichick trusted Meyer. There is no doubt in my mind that Meyer never disclosed either of those incidents, which there was no police record of because checks were flying around to shut everyone up.

Do you see how everything circles back to Meyer, not to Belichick?

The only "bad character" here was Urban Meyer.

Just curious. What do you base that on? Do you know them personnally? I admit that I don't know either personally but I have confidence that Tim is not a fraud.
history, watch when he gets cut as he is discovered as the MAstermind....look at the facts

1 first issue with waiter Tim tries to cover it up paying for drinks

2 Tebow led the coverup of the men shoot, hiding the clothing so Aaron would owe him a solid

3 No issues for Aaron until last offseason when Tim Tebow moved into the NY City area, close to Bristol.

4 no issues for Aaron this offseason until Tim becomes a Patriot bringing the thug mentality with him, acting like the old christians killing off the sinners.

FEAR TEBOW!!!!

history, watch when he gets cut as he is discovered as the MAstermind....look at the facts

1 first issue with waiter Tim tries to cover it up paying for drinks

2 Tebow led the coverup of the men shoot, hiding the clothing so Aaron would owe him a solid

3 No issues for Aaron until last offseason when Tim Tebow moved into the NY City area, close to Bristol.

4 no issues for Aaron this offseason until Tim becomes a Patriot bringing the thug mentality with him, acting like the old christians killing off the sinners.

FEAR TEBOW!!!!

Tebow has positioned himself as not only the ring leader and main guy that calls for the hits, but he has made himself untouchable....in fact you even talking about it makes me a little afraid for you, and I just hope Tebow is not right now tracing our IP's.

Let me show you a distinction.

Brandon Spikes smoked weed.

Aaron Hernandez (1) punched a guy in the ear causing his eardrum to rupture, was paid off and never filed charges. (2) Was somehow involved in a shooting while a freshman that was brushed under the table.

Those two incidents were disclosed publically after the arrest up here. Do you believe for one moment that Bill Belichick, had he known of that type of history, would have drafted this guy?

You're missing the point. Belichick trusted Meyer. There is no doubt in my mind that Meyer never disclosed either of those incidents, which there was no police record of because checks were flying around to shut everyone up.

Do you see how everything circles back to Meyer, not to Belichick?

The only "bad character" here was Urban Meyer.

So the assumption is that Belichick wears a hallo and Meyer carries a pitch fork. Apparently Belichick is a poor judge of character. Misjudged Hernandez's character, Meyer's and Tebow's. Humm? I wonder who else he misjudged.

Tebow has positioned himself as not only the ring leader and main guy that calls for the hits, but he has made himself untouchable....in fact you even talking about it makes me a little afraid for you, and I just hope Tebow is not right now tracing our IP's.

I will be out in front of the practice friday with signs saying just what I posted.

Tebow just has to call his boss upstairs.

Back